Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:42:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 74
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 311081 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: November 15, 2008, 07:54:47 PM »

Separation of Powers Act

1. The following powers shall be the perogative of the Office of the Secretary of External Affairs:

1a. The power to bestow recognition of sovereignty upon any foreign nation.

1b. The power to propose economic sanctions against another sovereign nation, subject to the approval of a quorum of Senators, as well as the President.

1c. The power to propose military action against another sovereign nation, subject to the approval of a quorum of Senators, as well as the other members of the cabinet, of the Vice-President, and of the President.

1d. The power to engage in formal alliances with other sovereign nations, subject to the approval of the President.

2. If the Secretary of External Affairs has not logged in for a period of at least 72 hours, the duties of the office shall devolve upon the President, until the Secretary of External Affairs reassumes his post.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #451 on: November 17, 2008, 02:49:30 PM »

Affirmative Action Bill

1. F.L. 8-14 (the Affirmative Action Act) is hereby repealed.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #452 on: November 17, 2008, 02:51:11 PM »

Embryonic Stem Cell Research Amendment Bill

1. Section Three of F.L. 18-7 (the Embryonic Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act) is hereby repealed.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #453 on: November 18, 2008, 02:05:25 PM »

Azeri Shield Act

1.  The proposed missle defense shield plans for Eastern Europe will hereafter be scrapped.

2.  Instead a shield, previously proposed as a joint project between Russia and America, will be set up in Qalaba, Azerbaijan.

3.  The Azerbaijani radar station will first need to be inspected by American inspectors and defects will need to be repaired or upgraded.  If costs exceed benefits the project may be scrapped at a later date.

4.  All actions will be taken in conjunction with both the Azerbaijani and Russian governments.

________________________________________________________________________________

This is my first real bill and if anyone has any corrections or thinks anything needs to be redone let me know.  The aim is a softening of relations with Russia and if its bad let me know.

I ask that this be placed on the docket.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #454 on: November 18, 2008, 02:08:12 PM »

Mixed Parentage Act

1) On all official governmental forms, "Mixed" shall be given as an option for one's ethnicity.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #455 on: November 18, 2008, 02:11:09 PM »

Azeri Shield Act

1.  The proposed missle defense shield plans for Eastern Europe will hereafter be scrapped.

2.  Instead a shield, previously proposed as a joint project between Russia and America, will be set up in Qalaba, Azerbaijan.

3.  The Azerbaijani radar station will first need to be inspected by American inspectors and defects will need to be repaired or upgraded.  If costs exceed benefits the project may be scrapped at a later date.

4.  All actions will be taken in conjunction with both the Azerbaijani and Russian governments.

________________________________________________________________________________

This is my first real bill and if anyone has any corrections or thinks anything needs to be redone let me know.  The aim is a softening of relations with Russia and if its bad let me know.

I ask that this be placed on the docket.
My apologies. Done.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #456 on: November 18, 2008, 02:14:52 PM »

To my knowledge this is not in the national law code as of yet.  Just like the mixed parentage act it is something I introduced as mideast governor.

Mental Law Gun Ban
Whereas: The massacre at Virginia Tech was done by a man that was Mentally Unstable.
Whereas: Because he went to see someone to analyze him at his school/hospital and it was ruled he wasn't a threat this didn't go on his record. The girls he stalked also did not press charges. He was however Mentally Unstable (suicidal).

Therefore: This legislation will require any offense or ruling related to or dealing with the mental health of a person be included on that person's criminal back ground for the mentally ill and for the mentally unstable for a period of 5 years.

Therefore: Preventing anyone who is deemed mentally ill / mentally unstable by either a court or a psychiatrist from attaining firearms, regardless of state laws currently in place regarding this issue.

In an attempt to curtail further attacks this bill will ONLY prevent the mentally ill (temporary for mentally unstable) from purchasing firearms of any caliber for any use by requiring that mental health rulings and clinical evaluations be included on the background check
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #457 on: November 20, 2008, 03:34:22 PM »

The Labor Rights Act

1) The Labor–Management Relations Act of 1947, informally known as the Taft-Hartley Act, is hereby repealed.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #458 on: November 23, 2008, 10:50:23 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2008, 07:33:22 PM by Senator PiT »

I'm withdrawing this & may re-introduce it pending the fate of the Secret Ballot Amendment.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #459 on: November 24, 2008, 06:38:00 AM »

Motion to Expel Senator DWTL and Senator PiT

For conduct unbecoming an Atlasian Senator, I hereby motion that Senator DWTL and Senator PiT be immediately expelled from the Senate.

I would ask that this motion be brought to the Senate floor as soon as possible.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #460 on: November 25, 2008, 07:20:07 AM »

Vice Presidential Election Amendment

Elections to the Presidency and Vice Presidency shall be held in separate contests. Vice Presidential Elections shall be held on the same date as Presidential Elections.

Much to my surprise, there isn't any additional language in the Constitution or CESRA that needs to be explicitly repealed to make this work. All the current ticket system is based on is "He shall be elected with a Vice President(...)" in Article II Section 1 Clause 1 and the Candidate Regulations (an executive order. And one that has rarely been obeyed to the letter anyways.) The Constitution also says "The Senate shall have necessary power to determine regulations for the procedure of and the form of Presidential elections", so whether this even requires an amendment is open to debate. Better to play it safe, though.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #461 on: November 25, 2008, 12:33:26 PM »

Secret Ballot Amendment

Article I, Section 4, Clause 6 of the Constitution shall be amended by striking the words:
"All elections to the Senate shall be by public post."

Article II, Section 1, Clause 2 of the Constitution shall be amended by striking the words:
"All elections to the Presidency shall be by public post."

Secret Ballot Bill

1. For all elections administered by the Department of Forum Affairs, there shall be the option for all eligible voters to cast their vote by personal message to the Secretary of Forum Affairs (hereinafter 'SoFA').

2. Following the end of the official polling period and prior to the certification of results, the SoFA shall quote all votes cast by personal message and publish them for review by the public.

3. The SoFA shall be prohibited from publicly disclosing any information relating to any ballots he may or may not have received with any third party, until after the official polling period has ended. Breach of this rule may result in the loss of office for the SoFA and the voiding of the election at issue.

4. All references to the Secretary of Forum Affairs shall be taken also to encompass any official who may be deemed to be officiating at an election within the remit of the Department of Forum Affairs.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #462 on: December 01, 2008, 03:47:18 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2008, 09:23:22 PM by Senator PiT »

End to Protectionism via Social Engineering Act

1. F.L. 10-2: Protection Act (Textiles, Clothing, Footwear & Steel) is hereby repealed.

2. A tariff of 5% will instead be levied on all imports of foreign textiles, clothing, footwear, & steel.
The Populist
Rookie

« Reply #463 on: December 01, 2008, 09:26:31 PM »

1. F.L. 10-2: Protection Act (Textiles, Clothing, Footwear & Steel) is hereby repealed.

2. A tariff of 5% will instead be levied on all imports of foreign textiles, clothing, footwear, & steel.

I'd like the tariff to be raised higher, but I suppose that works.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #464 on: December 01, 2008, 09:29:48 PM »

For future reference, this thread is for commenting on legislation. Also, I made it 5% to try to preserve the current effect, just without the social engineering factor.
The Populist
Rookie

« Reply #465 on: December 01, 2008, 09:31:08 PM »

For future reference, this thread is for commenting on legislation. Also, I made it 5% to try to preserve the current effect, just without the social engineering factor.

Okay, thanks.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #466 on: December 08, 2008, 04:06:10 PM »

Commeration of KoTBP Act

Section 1: Monument
a.) A monument shall be built at a location to be determined by a vote of the people of Nyman to honor the former governor of the Dirty South, Kingofthebenchpress.
b.) The cost of the project shall not exceed twenty millions ($20,000,000) dollars.

Section 2: Inscription
a.) The monument must contain the governor's famous phrase:

I love to have sex with hot women

fLast night i got myself a southern bell

2 IN DA PNIK ONE IN DA STINK BOYS
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #467 on: December 22, 2008, 08:43:02 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2008, 03:43:09 PM by Jas »

Special Prosecutor Bill

1. The Attorney General, with the approval of the President, shall be empowered to appoint a special prosecutor to prosecute cases on behalf of the Republic of Atlasia.

2. The special prosecutor must be a member in good standing of the Supreme Court Bar.

3. In the absence of the Attorney General, the President shall be empowered to make appointments under this Act.

4. Nothing within this Act shall be construed such as to remove the right of the Attorney General to prosecute cases of behalf of the Republic of Atlasia.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #468 on: December 23, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »

Malaysian Free Trade Renegotiation Act

1.  F.L. 14-4: Atlasia-Malaysia Free Trade Act is hereby repealed.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #469 on: December 29, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »

Resolution on the Ongoing Israel-Palestine Conflict

1. The Republic of Atlasia condemns Hamas for failing to end the irresponsible and unwarranted rocket attacks on Israel.

2. The Republic of Atlasia recognises Israel's right to defend itself, however condemns the recent military actions of the Israeli Government against Palestinians as disproportionate and as failing to take all necessary measures to prevent civilian casualties and fatalities.

3. The Republic of Atlasia calls for an immediate ceasefire and asks both sides to allow unrestricted access for humanitarian agencies to assist the victims of these attacks.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #470 on: December 30, 2008, 02:10:11 AM »
« Edited: January 20, 2009, 05:52:51 PM by Senator PiT »

Gold and Silver Standard Act

1. The value of currency in circulation shall be directly based on the value of the gold snd silver held by the Federal Reserve, at the rate of $900 dollars per ounce of gold or $11 per ounce of silver.

a. Any currency printed after the passage of this act shall not become legal tender until the Federal Reserve shall have procured an equivalent amount of additional gold or silver.

2. Any citizen of Atlasia may trade official currency to the federal reserve of the Republic of Atlasia for the currency's value in gold or silver, and vice versa.

3. Gold and silver shall have equal legal standing to that of official currency of the Republic of Atlasia.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #471 on: December 30, 2008, 07:18:54 PM »

Probably still not acceptable to most, but more changes, some drastic this time

Free Palestine Bill

Section 1: Immoral Practices
1. The Republic of Atlasia condemns the practice of some Palestinians to cause harm to innocent Israeli citizens
2. The Republic of Atlasia deplores the nation of Israel for using curfews, walls, and other freedom-restricting measures on the Palestinian people.

Section 2: Recognition of Palestine and Israel
3. The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes the nation of Palestine as being made up by Gaza Strip and West Bank upon the above terms being met by top Palestinian officials.
4. The Republic of Atlasia hereby calls upon the United Nations, and more specifically Israel, to recognize Palestine after the said conditions are met.

Section 3: Ceasefire
1. The two independent nations shall agree to a ceasefire lasting no fewer than two (2) years

Section 4: Failure to Comply
1. If the said conditions are met and Israel still does not recognize Palestine, the Republic of Atlasia will hereby withhold 70% of military aid to Israel and 5% more aid will be witheld for every month Israel does not recognize Palestine.
2. If the Palestinians fail to end government sanctioned violence against the Israeli people, they shall not receive any financial aide.

Section 5: Neutrality
1. Atlasia agrees to remain neutral in conflict between Israel and Iran if Palestinians meet their terms of the agreement

Let's actually do something about the problem rather than sending them a very angry letter
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #472 on: December 30, 2008, 08:15:40 PM »

Free Lalaland Bill

1. The Republic of Atlasia condemns the practice of some gnomes to cause harm to innocent pixies.
2. The Republic of Atlasia deplores the nation of pixies for using curfews, walls, and other freedom-restricting measures on the gnomic people.

Section 2: Recognition of Lalaland and Pixieplace
3. The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes the nation of Lalaland as being made up by Shithole and Birmingham Municipal Bank upon the above terms being met by top gnomic officials.
4. The Republic of Atlasia hereby calls upon the United Nations, and more specifically Pixieplace, to recognize Lalaland after the said conditions are met.

Section 3: Ceasefire
1. The two independent nations shall agree to a ceasefire lasting no fewer than two (2) years

Section 4: Failure to Comply
1. If the said conditions are met and Pixieplace still does not recognize Lalaland, the Republic of Atlasia will hereby withhold 70% of military aid to Pixieplace and 5% more aid will be witheld for every month Pixieplace does not recognize Lalaland.
2. If the gnomes fail to end government sanctioned violence against the pixies, they shall not receive any financial aide.

Section 5: Neutrality
1. Atlasia agrees to remain neutral in conflict between Pixieplace and Gagaland if gnomes meet their terms of the agreement

Let's actually do something about the problem rather than sending them a very angry letter!!!!!!!!!!!111

sTudEnt pOliTics fOr eVar!!!!11111
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #473 on: December 31, 2008, 05:17:52 AM »

Free Atlasia Bill

1. The Republic of Atlasia condemns the practice of the Republic of Atlasia to pretend that the United States of America do not exist.
2. The Republic of Atlasia condemns the practice of the United States of America to pretend that the Republic of Atlasia does not exist.

Section 2: Recognition of Atlasia and Pixieplace
3. The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes the nation of the United States of America as being made up of territory someplace.
4. The Republic of Atlasia hereby calls upon the United Nations to recognize it.

Section 3: Proxy War
1. The two independent nations shall agree to a proxy war lasting no fewer than two (2) years.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #474 on: December 31, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2008, 03:53:06 PM by Sen. DownWithTheLeft »

A placeholder at the moment as changes may occur:

Senate Resolution Calling for a Constitutional Convention

Section 1: Consent
The Senate of Atlasia hereby gives its consent to the President of Atlasia to call a Constitutional Convention.

Section 2: Delegate Selection
a. The SoFA shall compiled a list of registered voters

b. Each region shall receive on delegate for every ten residents, and one for every five voters in the last election.

c. Each region shall then vote for representation based on the candidates put forth by a deadline imposed by the SoFA

Section 3: Leadership
The Senate of Atlasia shall elect a Presiding Officer for the Convention. The Presiding Officer shall be tasked with running the Convention and shall be given the power to break ties in votes conducted by the Senate. Nominations shall be accepted from any citizen of Atlasia.

Section 4: Rules of Order
The Convention shall adopt rules of order as their first order of business. The rules of order must contain, but should not be limited to:

a. Any citizen will be allowed to propose ideas to the Convention.

b. Only the delegates of the Convention will be allowed to vote.

c. Vacancies, should they occur, will be filed at the discretion of the governor of the region in which the vacany occured

d. The Convention may only adjourn with 3/4 support.

Section 5: Timing and Location
1. The Convention shall begin one week after every member has been selected.

2. A Child Board will be requested for the Convention to operate in. If the request is not made then the Convention shall conduct it's business in the Atlas Fantasy Government sub-forum.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies