Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:47:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 74
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 311145 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2007, 11:23:04 PM »
« edited: January 07, 2008, 07:43:21 AM by Ebowed »

Tobacco Reform Bill

Edit: withdrawn.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2007, 03:20:19 PM »

End to Districts Amendment

That the following changes shall be made to the Atlasian Constitution:

1. Article I, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Atlasian Constitution shall be amended to read as follows:
The Senate shall be composed of ten Senators, each with a term of four months.

2. Article I, Section 1, Clause 2 of the Atlasian Constitution shall be amended to read as follows:
No Person shall be a Senator who has not attained a hundred or more posts and, in the case of Regional Senators, is not a registered voter in the Region that they represent.

3. Article I, Section 4, Clause 1 of the Atlasian Constitution shall be amended to read as follows:
The Senate shall be divided into two classes: Class A, which shall comprise the Senators elected from the Regions, and Class B, which shall comprise Senators elected by a form of proportional representation.

4. Article IV, Section 4 of the Atlasian Constitution shall be repealed.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2007, 10:20:46 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2007, 10:23:16 PM by Verily »

Abstentions on Amendments Amendment

That Article VII, Section I of the Constitution of Atlasia be amended to read:

"The Senate, whenever two-thirds of its number shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of this Constitution when ratified by a majority of the People voting in public polls, not including abstentions or declarations of presence, in three-quarters of the Regions. Such votes shall last for exactly one week and shall be administered by the Governor of the Region or other officer as the Law of the Region may provide. Citizens will cast their vote by public post."
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #278 on: October 04, 2007, 03:17:41 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2007, 10:25:26 AM by The Editor »

I am withdrawing the following bills:

Northern Ireland Aid Bill
Middle East Aid Bill
Say Sorry Bill
We Don't Do Coups Bill

Have a look at the sheer size of the pile-of-bills-that-hath-not-yet-made-it-to-the-floor and thee shall see why.

It would be nice if others would do the same sort of thing.

I would not object to other people introducing the above bills (or nicking bits of them or something) in later Senates, btw.

Edit: "pile-of-bills" not "pile-of-biles". Ho, ho.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #279 on: October 04, 2007, 07:21:02 AM »

I've withdrawn the Increase in Senate Affairs Amendment.

I'll try to trim the rest of my bills as well when I have more time.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #280 on: October 05, 2007, 08:22:01 AM »

Return to Reality Amendment

1. Article I, Section 3, Clause 5 is added to the Constitution, with the following language:

The Senate, in conjunction with the President of Atlasia and his Executive Officers, shall provide a detailed accounting of federal expenditures and revenues for the benefit of the Atlasian citizenry at least once every calendar year.  The Senate shall have the power to define the detail and scope of this accounting by appropriate legislation.

2. Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution is repealed.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #281 on: October 06, 2007, 08:33:03 PM »

Native American Genocide Resolution

The federal government fully recognizes the United States government role in the systematic extermination of the Native American people, acknowledges that what occurred consisted of both genocide and mass forced relocation, and wholeheartedly apologizes and takes responsibility for the wrongdoings it has committed.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #282 on: October 06, 2007, 11:44:42 PM »

Repeal of the Further Reforming Alcohol Act

F.L. 21-4 is hereby repealed.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #283 on: October 07, 2007, 11:45:54 AM »

Income Tax Reduction (2007) Bill

The 10% tax levied on all income for the first $7500 earned above any designated threshold is reduced to 0%

------

It's kept deliberately simple in order for any later amendments.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #284 on: October 22, 2007, 12:53:11 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2007, 12:55:24 PM by afleitch »

Repeal of the Military Enlargement Act

The Military Enlargement Act is hereby repealed.

--------

Text of the Act

The number of applicants accepted in United States Army Ranger program shall increase by 40% staggered over the next four years.

It is not in the business of Atlasia to legislate on behalf of foreign nations Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2007, 10:45:50 AM »

The "I don't like us being hated" Bill and the Miners Widow Bill have been officially withdrawn.

Sam Spade
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2007, 08:01:18 PM »

The "I don't like us being hated" Bill and the Miners Widow Bill have been officially withdrawn.

Sam Spade

Can't I or someone else just pick up sponsorship?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #287 on: October 25, 2007, 05:23:10 PM »

Sam Spade

Can't I or someone else just pick up sponsorship?

When I wrote the rule, I specifically wrote it so that legislation which is on the queue moves to the off the list if it hasn't been introduced before resignation.  I have a number of reasons behind this rationale, most assuredly one of these reasons is to entice Senators not to quit before their term is concluded, although it may create some inequitable circumstances such as now.

However, if you wish to reintroduce the legislation, Porce, you may do so, but the legislation will simply start off at the bottom of the queue.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2007, 05:13:44 PM »

As requested by some of my constituents in the Northeast:

Metric Conversion Act

1. The government of Atlasia shall convert to a dual usage of metric and imperial units in all relevant affairs, effective three months after passage.
2. The use of imperial units shall thereafter be phased out of use by the government of Atlasia as seen fit by its constituent parts but on a plan ending no later than January 1, 2015.
3. The government of Atlasia shall invest in the establishment of a metric system education program to inform citizens and residents of Atlasia on the workings of the metric system.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #289 on: November 12, 2007, 12:04:01 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2008, 09:49:49 PM by Verily »

Equality of Representation Amendment
That Article IV, Section 4, Clause 3 of the Constitution be amended to read:

"The difference between the number of those registered voters who voted in the last scheduled federal election in any two Districts shall be no more than one."

Withdrawn due to the passage of the End to Districts Amendment, which nullifies this amendment.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #290 on: November 12, 2007, 12:11:46 PM »

Judicial Clarification Amendment
That the Constitution of Atlasia be amended to state:

1. All state trial courts existing at the time of the passage of this Amendment are the trial level courts of of the region in Atlasia they are physically located unless qualified in some other section of this amendment.

2. All state appellate level courts, including state Supreme Courts, existing at the time of the passage of this Amendment shall be appellate level courts in the region unless qualified in some other section of this amendment, and the highest regional level judicial officer or court of that Atlasian region shall be the highest judicial authority in that region.

3. All federal trial courts and appellate existing at the time of the passage of this Amendment are now the trial and appellate level courts, respectively, of Atlasia they are physically located unless qualified in some other section of this amendment.  The Atlasian Supreme Court shall be the highest authority and court of final appeal of Atlasia.

4. Qualifications, provisions of this amendment shall apply unless a named party in the action at bar is a member of Atlasia.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2007, 05:06:17 PM »

End of the Budget Amendment

Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution is hereby repealed.

End to Districts Amendment

That the following changes shall be made to the Atlasian Constitution:

1. Article I, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Atlasian Constitution shall be amended to read as follows:
The Senate shall be composed of ten Senators, each with a term of four months.

2. Article I, Section 1, Clause 2 of the Atlasian Constitution shall be amended to read as follows:
No Person shall be a Senator who has not attained a hundred or more posts and, in the case of Regional Senators, is not a registered voter in the Region that they represent.

3. Article I, Section 4, Clause 1 of the Atlasian Constitution shall be amended to read as follows:
The Senate shall be divided into two classes: Class A, which shall comprise the Senators elected from the Regions, and Class B, which shall comprise Senators elected by a form of proportional representation.

4. Article IV, Section 4 of the Atlasian Constitution shall be repealed.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #292 on: November 17, 2007, 12:19:21 PM »

Campaigning for Invalidation of Votes Bill

Section 1: Definition of Crime
1. It shall be a crime against the Republic of Atlasia for any citizen who may be called upon to make a determination as to the validity of a ballot cast in a federal election, including but not limited to the voting booth administrator, to instruct or encourage a voter who has already cast his or her ballot to take an action that would have the effect of invalidating the ballot.
2. For the purposes of this statute, federal election shall extend to (but is not limitied to) any election for President, Vice-President or Senator, any federal impeachment vote, and any public vote sanctioned by Law which requires that an officer of the federal government administer it.
3. The instruction or encouragement of a voter shall be interpreted to include any action which indicates the possibility of invalidating a vote to affect a federal election.

Section 2: Trial and Punishment
1. Trial of this crime shall be in accordance with the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act.
2. Sentencing of the crime shall be by the Presiding Justice; He may use any combination of the following as punishment, depending upon the severity of the offense:
         (i) Up to a four month ban from voting in any elections.
         (ii) Up to a two month ban from holding any office under the Republic of Atlasia.
Credit to Peter for coming up with it.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: November 17, 2007, 06:40:04 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2007, 04:57:48 PM by Verily »

Atlasia-Peru Free Trade Act
1. No tariffs, customs, or restrictions on the movement of goods, except those that have been outlawed by the destination or interim nation, shall exist between the Republic of Atlasia and Peru.
2. The President and other officers of the Atlasian Government shall take such actions as may be necessary to implement the provisions of this act.

Edit: Withdrawn
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #294 on: November 17, 2007, 11:06:04 PM »

Creation of a National Public Radio Bill

1. The President, when applicants are available, shall appoint a Head of the National Public Radio Station.
2. The position is responsible for recording events that happen in Atlasia without bias or opinion.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #295 on: November 18, 2007, 10:49:52 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2007, 10:55:18 PM by Senator Speed of Sound »

Re-enforcement of Diplomacy Act

Section 1: Upgrading the Department of External Affairs

1. The government shall double the current money given to the Dept. of External Affairs.

2. This money may only be used to build and maintain embassies in amicable nations, hire diplomats, and run language classes for government officials.

Section 2: Upgrading Public Understanding

1. Foreign Language shall now be considered a major class in High School, equal in importance to Math, Social Studies, Science, and English. All requirements for the latter four shall now be applied to Foreign Language.

2. Students may choose the language of their choice form those able to be offered by the school.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2007, 02:04:33 PM »

Second November-December Act
7 December, 2007 is hereby renamed 31 November, 2007.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2007, 08:41:55 PM »

Alignment with Empiricism Bill

Section 1: Abstinence
No funds from the federal government shall go towards any sexual education curriculum that promotes any of the following beliefs as true or scientifically legitimate:
1.) the process of terminating a pregnancy is sinful according to any religious beliefs.
2.) the trait of homosexuality or bisexuality is an entirely conscious choice and/or is strange, unnatural, or sinful.
3.) the participation in homosexual sex acts is sinful, wrong, or unnatural.
4.) the proper use of contraceptive devices including but not limited to condoms is grossly ineffective in preventing pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections.
5.) engaging in sexual activity before marriage with proper precautions is immoral or sinful.
6.) males and females should limit themselves to careers which have historically been associated with masculine and feminine roles, respectively.

Section 2: Biology
No funds from the federal government shall go towards any scientific education curriculum that promotes any of the following beliefs as true or scientifically legitimate:
1.) the status of biological evolution as a scientific theory is somehow different or set apart from that of other scientific theories such as gravity or relativity.
2.) fossil evidence for biological macroevolution is largely inaccurate or misinterpreted by mainstream scientists, or presents a picture that contradicts with biological evolutionary theory.
3.) radioactive carbon dating is always inaccurate or scientifically unreliable.
4.) the age of the earth is less than ten thousand years.
5.) the origins of the universe and of life on earth are scientifically explained by religious texts or creeds.
6.) the complexity of certain types of life on earth are of such a magnitude that they present valid evidence for that of a higher power or "intelligent designer."
7.) the trait of homosexual behavior does not exist within the animal kingdom outside of humans.
8.) creation theories are valid within the scientific method.
9.) the Second Law of Thermodynamics disproves the Big Bang.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2007, 09:16:52 PM »

I hereby withdraw the Second November-December Act
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #299 on: November 27, 2007, 02:13:46 PM »

I also withdraw the Alignment with Empiricism Bill, since it was apparantly passed without me knowing it earlier this year.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies