Heineken or Budweiser? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:36:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Heineken or Budweiser? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these two beer brands is better?
Heineken

Budweiser

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Heineken or Budweiser?  (Read 620 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 21, 2020, 07:44:38 AM »

I grew up in the St.Louis area where Bud flows like water, so it's always been "beer" to me.  There are beers that are fancier and there are beers that are less fancy, but there are no competitors.  I switched to Rolling Rock in my 20s after moving away from Budland.  (ironically, Rolling Rock was purchased by Bud around this time)  But I went to get beer a few months ago and they were out or RR bottles and the place was selling a case of Bud for stupid cheap, so I bought one.  Just delicious.  I've bought several more since.  So, at least temporarily, I'm a Bud man again.  You (the beer elitist) may judge me accordingly.

My first wife's step dad was a Heineken man.  He was a red neck from rural GA, a Marines for two tours of Vietnam, chain smoked Winstons and worked in the construction field (he was an office guy, not a proper worker).  But he also drove an Accord, wore nice clothes, had a nice house and drank Heinekens.  The only time I drank more than one was at Talladega on a super hot day.  I was not impressed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies