Describe a woke politically correct person who approves of and is voting for Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:01:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Describe a woke politically correct person who approves of and is voting for Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Describe a woke politically correct person who approves of and is voting for Trump  (Read 891 times)
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2020, 07:06:16 PM »

There aren't too many of them, but if I had to guess probably they support Trump on foreign policy issues such as against Iran,China or Venezuela.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 07:11:36 PM »

This is tough. The most I can think of is one of the fake internet "progressives" that turn everything into a criticism of Democrats and never have a negative thing to say about Trump.
SaneDemocrat

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 07:12:01 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2020, 07:15:26 PM by SaneDemocrat »

Maybe someone in a similar mold of the probable new Supreme Court justice Amy Comey Barrett?
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 07:21:07 PM »

A naturalized Vietnamese or Indian American immigrant who fell down the Shen Yun rabbit hole, if the AAPI Data poll is to be believed.

Race/Ethnicity: South Asian/Tamil
Religion: Apatheist (raised Hindu)
Family: Cohabiting with a white neuroscience postdoc, mother of two Siberian Huskies
Sexual orientation: Straight
Education: Bachelors from private liberal arts school, DVM from UC Davis
Hometown: born and raised in Kuala Lumpur up to age 8, grew up in Coeur D'Alene ID and Sammamish WA
Current location: Santa Cruz, CA
Issues: gender equality, mental health awareness, conservation, illegal immigration
Other: listens to country and folk music, avid outdoor rock climber
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 07:32:12 PM »

A naturalized Vietnamese or Indian American immigrant who fell down the Shen Yun rabbit hole, if the AAPI Data poll is to be believed.

WTF?

What exactly do Vietnamese-Americans think the Republican plan is for healthcare and climate change? And gun control? Those numbers are mind-boggling to me.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »

Some pissed off Bernie Bro who is voting against Biden cause “muh establishment” and genuinely thinks a second trump term will lead to a “progressive future”
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 07:47:22 PM »

Some pissed off Bernie Bro who is voting against Biden cause “muh establishment” and genuinely thinks a second trump term will lead to a “progressive future”

This is definitely a thing, in Neera Tanden's mind. Which is a messed up place.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 07:54:57 PM »

I think I know at least one.
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 07:55:10 PM »

WTF?

What exactly do Vietnamese-Americans think the Republican plan is for healthcare and climate change? And gun control? Those numbers are mind-boggling to me.

Even older, GOP-leaning Trump supporters seem to side with the Dems on those issues. I also think that poll underestimates Biden support among Vietnamese American voters.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 07:56:58 PM »

I know two on discord, both of which I've long ago quit talking politics with.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 08:04:22 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2020, 08:18:43 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

This is a very specific kind of economically conservative, socially "liberal" former NeverTrumper brought around by the Supreme Court vacancy assuming the nomination only happens once the next president has been elected.

There's only a small number of them, but most live in the Beltway and just wish the poor could be crushed quietly and without the orange man's bigotry being a bit too obvious to ignore. Though the SoCons' excitement about the end of Roe is something they find distasteful, they swung back to Trump on the basis that perhaps the next judge will bring an end to the ACA.

Edit: this is fairly bad-faith so I'll clarify it a little more seriously. Obviously, most of these aren't directly interested in rampant authoritarianism or making life miserable for the worse-off, but don't care about either of these things enough to set aside their commitment to the short-term advancement of Reaganomics.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 08:09:40 PM »

I know two on discord, both of which I've long ago quit talking politics with.

There's always going to be people operating on a heavy amount of cognitive dissonance. Like the Democrats in red counties who support Trump and voted for Tulsi in the primaries.

WTF?

Even older, GOP-leaning Trump supporters seem to side with the Dems on those issues. I also think that poll underestimates Biden support among Vietnamese American voters.

Makes sense.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 08:20:29 PM »

Depends on how you much you seriously think Biden will change with two years before the GOP regroup with someone worse and pull a 2010 vs. how much more damage will come out before the six year-itch and 2024 come a-crawling.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »

Depends on how you much you seriously think Biden will change with two years before the GOP regroup with someone worse and pull a 2010 vs. how much more damage will come out before the six year-itch and 2024 come a-crawling.

Attempting to anticipate the electorate/the future state of voting rights etc. that far into the future goes very badly wrong most of the time. Even if you believe a Biden admin will do next to nothing, I think it's still better to focus on the immediate harm reduction than take some galaxy brain accelerationist approach that relies on very shaky assumptions.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 08:31:57 PM »

I love how she lives in leftist's heads rent-free
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2020, 08:33:56 PM »

Plutocrats who are rich enough that tax cuts actually mean something now (unlike the more typical working rich)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2020, 08:35:36 PM »

Plutocrats who are rich enough that tax cuts actually mean something now (unlike the more typical working rich)

You've got to cross the landlords off that list, though, because of the CDC eviction ban.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 08:38:55 PM »

Prolly a wealthier younger person who makes all their choices based on money.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 08:38:59 PM »

She hoped Biden would run "to make Clinton look good" in 2016. The left gives her way more attention than she deserves, but the flipside is that moderates give her more credit than she's owed. Setting aside ideological/ethical objections, she's kind of mediocre and we could all do with more competent idols/bogeymen.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2020, 08:40:15 PM »

Damn you should charge her rent with how much she's living in your head dude.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2020, 08:44:03 PM »

I guess #WalkAway in rhetoric, but I wouldn't count them. There are plenty of moderate and even socially liberal Trump voters, but the thing about them is that they just don't prioritize social issues.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2020, 08:44:12 PM »

This is the first time I've ever mentioned her. And it's probably more the other way around given how much vitriol she attacked Bernie with this year. She's a sad, bitter loser.

Damn you should charge her rent with how much she's living in your head dude.

This is the first time I've ever mentioned her.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2020, 10:01:37 PM »

Probably Tulsi Gabbard in all honesty.
SaneDemocrat

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2020, 05:41:58 AM »

Probably Tulsi Gabbard in all honesty.
She isn’t woke.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2020, 05:48:43 AM »

Someone who is economically conservative and socially liberal but happens to prioritize the former?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies