Trump supporters blocking site for voters in Virginia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:02:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump supporters blocking site for voters in Virginia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trump supporters blocking site for voters in Virginia  (Read 5422 times)
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2020, 06:09:33 PM »

You guys hear that?

That's the silence from the deplorables.
Splash
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2020, 06:11:51 PM »

I hope this doesn't become a thing that Trump supporters keep on doing, like the boat parades or the caravans.
IAMCANADIAN
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2020, 06:19:40 PM »

Any evidence anyone was prevented from voting by these trump supporters?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2020, 07:46:18 PM »

Can’t imagine being the most annoying and obnoxious people alive and trying to stop people from voting will endear voters to the Virginia gop.
Last election, there was a Republican candidate for local office standing outside the polling location in my solidly Democratic precinct trying to engage individual voters in change-my-mind style debates.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2020, 07:54:12 PM »

There is evidence that they violated the law that prevents electioneering within x feet of a polling place because they were forced to move.  And as always, ignorance of the law is no excuse for violating the law.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2020, 08:39:02 PM »

I hope this doesn't become a thing that Trump supporters keep on doing, like the boat parades or the caravans.

I'm fine with it becoming a thing.  Let voters see the face of Trump's deplorable voter base.  People on this website who are constantly tuned in know that it's essentially a cult of deplorable losers.  Let the rest of America see first hand and decide for themselves if they want to join them.  I don't think most people do. 
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2020, 08:43:29 PM »

Are you kidding me?? Arrest them if they don't clear the way!

Ha, cowering away like the bitches they are.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2020, 08:44:06 PM »

I'm fine with it becoming a thing.  Let voters see the face of Trump's deplorable voter base.  People on this website who are constantly tuned in know that it's essentially a cult of deplorable losers.  Let the rest of America see first hand and decide for themselves if they want to join them.  I don't think most people do. 

What is terrifying is that there are 10's of millions of people in a MLM style MAGA death cult. 40% of the country is a minority but a rational sane country would have Trump in the 20's.
IAMCANADIAN
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2020, 08:46:40 PM »

There is evidence that they violated the law that prevents electioneering within x feet of a polling place because they were forced to move.  And as always, ignorance of the law is no excuse for violating the law.
I really do agree with your point because I am in favor of following the letter of the law unlike some Democrats with regards to BLM protests. I just think that this is a non issue. They did not cause any active harm to anyone and complied when they were told what they were doing was technically illegal.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2020, 08:46:45 PM »

It's a pretty futile effort.

VA is gone for Republicans.

Too many of us Federales in NOVA who vote D.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2020, 09:21:17 PM »

Arrest them, charge them, and throw the book at them.

I don't support taking away the right to vote for anyone, but if I did it would be for these pathetic excuses for human beings.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2020, 09:25:22 PM »

It must be due to economic anxiety. 
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2020, 09:36:24 PM »

I really do agree with your point because I am in favor of following the letter of the law unlike some Democrats with regards to BLM protests. I just think that this is a non issue. They did not cause any active harm to anyone and complied when they were told what they were doing was technically illegal.

Well, it's just a pity that the cops didn't shoot them, or gas them, or stand on their necks, etc....
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2020, 09:47:46 PM »

So by GOP logic, it's perfectly legal and socially acceptable to just run them over since they're standing on the road right? That's the argument I always see them making with BLM.

That does look like a part of a parking lot, if they were actually blocking people/cars, yeah I would probably agree you can run them over. It could also just be the general violation of the electioneering law as Dingo Joe said. For breaking that law, as no one's life, liberty , or property is harmed I don't think you should run them over if they still allow voters to pass although I don't have a problem with the cops arresting them.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2020, 09:59:33 PM »

Just a small preview of what is to come over the next couple of months. This country has gone f**king mad.

I think Belarus is the real preview.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2020, 11:05:28 PM »

Are you kidding me?? Arrest them if they don't clear the way!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2020, 11:09:33 PM »

Republicans engage in absolutely odious, and likely it illegal, attempts at voter suppression and intimidation. Defenders enter meekly stage-right mewling piteously: " did it actually succeed?". Roll Eyes

Insert the appropriate you versus the point GIF here
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2020, 11:14:25 PM »

And surely if any of these creeps were shot resisting arrest - - how many do bet are carry concealed in that video - - of course conservatives would rush to the defense of police and say these individuals had it coming for engaging in a way go activity. Within hours they would be bringing up any of those protesters prior convictions for say OPI, domestic violence, improper handling of a firearm or the like, demonstrated what bad characters they are and how much one can't blame fleece for risking an overreaction.

Good thing I'm typing this, cuz I could never say this garbage with a straight face.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2020, 11:16:22 PM »

You guys don't seem to get it so I'll rather bluntly state what is going on here.  Republicans do this with impunity because police are biased, pro-republican actors for the most part and democratic politicians don't have the balls to do anything but feign outrage.  If these were black lives matter protestors they would have been swiftly arrested and/or violently attacked by police.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2020, 12:25:19 AM »

You guys don't seem to get it so I'll rather bluntly state what is going on here.  Republicans do this with impunity because police are biased, pro-republican actors for the most part and democratic politicians don't have the balls to do anything but feign outrage.  If these were black lives matter protestors they would have been swiftly arrested and/or violently attacked by police.

QFT:  Even in Metro PDX there were County Sheriff offers in Multnomah and Clackamas County supporting citizen armed road-blocks from Corbett to Sandy, Oregon and supporting and promoting the myth that "Antifa was behind the Forest Fires"....

Obviously not gonna interfere with VbM in Oregon, but we got folks with guns and pickups rolling around all parts of Oregon, including the "Proud Boy" rally a bit back, which caused the death of one of those guys in a small back alley / Sidestreet in downtown PDX...

Meanwhile in other parts of OR, we had top coppers taking a knee etc at the height of the recent BLM protests, so not gonna claim all coppers in Oregon support repression...

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2020, 12:27:37 AM »

Maybe we really should get rid of their unions
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2020, 12:28:14 AM »

It doesn't make any difference because interfering with a polling place is illegal.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2020, 12:30:08 AM »

One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2020, 12:31:37 AM »

Clearly, the GOP is confident about their ability to win steal this election.

Fixed
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2020, 12:39:28 AM »

Maybe we really should get rid of their unions

We definitely should and in the future when cities settle lawsuits because cops decided to shoot unarmed citizens or take sides in these political protests, the settlement money should come out of police pension funds.  you'll see how quickly these abuses stop.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies