Opinion of Toby Keith's "Angry American (Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue)"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 04:49:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Toby Keith's "Angry American (Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue)"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of this song?
Positive

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Opinion of Toby Keith's "Angry American (Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue)"  (Read 10544 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2006, 10:47:23 PM »

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2006, 10:55:16 PM »

Nationalism it's not just for Fascists anymore!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2006, 12:43:01 AM »

To quote Opebo "What rot". Nationalist does not in any way equal Nazi or Italian, so quit with the tripe.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2006, 11:48:44 AM »

You asked what was wrong with nationalism, I gave you an example. Germany at the time was a pretty nationalist country.

You want another example? Turkey. They committed the Armenian Genocide out of nationalism, and now because of nationalism it's illegal to write in Turkey that the genocide happened. It's also illegal to use letters that do not appear in the Turkish alphabet in official functions. A bunch of Kurds were fined for holding up placecards during a New Year's celebration in Kurdish that contained letters that do not appear in the Turkish alphabet.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2006, 12:11:10 PM »

To quote Opebo "What rot". Nationalist does not in any way equal Nazi or Italian, so quit with the tripe.

Actually, in this case, it isn't rot, States.  Nationalism and fascism are largely overlapping ideologies.  In any case even if you have a nationalism that manages to be be less fascist than most, it is still an idiotic system. 

Basically there is no good reason for it, as it claims the loyalties of workers who benefit not at all by it, and the owners that do benefit are in any case not so stupid as to care which 'nation-state' protects their position at the pinnacle of the social heirarchy.  Just so long as it is the most right-wing of all possible states.

This is just another way you are duped, I'm afraid, States, you worker.  I suppose I could even say 'my fellow worker', though I'm still unemployed.. sacked in South Korea!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2006, 12:28:08 PM »

Actually, in this case, it isn't rot, States.  Nationalism and fascism are largely overlapping ideologies.  In any case even if you have a nationalism that manages to be be less fascist than most, it is still an idiotic system. 

Basically there is no good reason for it, as it claims the loyalties of workers who benefit not at all by it, and the owners that do benefit are in any case not so stupid as to care which 'nation-state' protects their position at the pinnacle of the social heirarchy.  Just so long as it is the most right-wing of all possible states.

This is just another way you are duped, I'm afraid, States, you worker.  I suppose I could even say 'my fellow worker', though I'm still unemployed.. sacked in South Korea!

All I heard was.....blah blah blah....worker...blah blah blah..owner...blah blah blah...go lick the bootheels of your master......

Yeah, I'm a nationalist..and damn proud of it!
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2006, 12:29:55 PM »

All I heard was.....blah blah blah....worker...blah blah blah..owner...blah blah blah...go lick the bootheels of your master......

You still bother responding seriously to Opebo's tripe?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »

I suppose I could even say 'my fellow worker', though I'm still unemployed.. sacked in South Korea!

You got fired?  What a shock.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2006, 12:31:36 PM »

I suppose I could even say 'my fellow worker', though I'm still unemployed.. sacked in South Korea!

Lol. The joy of sarcasm.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2006, 12:34:37 PM »

Get back to work, worker!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2006, 01:35:44 PM »

Yes, I know you seem to be unreachable, States.  But how about you explain why you're a nationalist.  What good does it do you?

Yeah, the job was ridiculously hard, and I discovered I cannot bear children.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2006, 01:36:56 PM »

Alas, I cannot, worker!

Though I suppose one has a purpose as part of the Reserve Army of the Unemployed, in the social heirarchy..
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies