Civiqs: Biden +11 in MI, -3 in OH, +7 in PA, +7 in WI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:20:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Civiqs: Biden +11 in MI, -3 in OH, +7 in PA, +7 in WI
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Civiqs: Biden +11 in MI, -3 in OH, +7 in PA, +7 in WI  (Read 2575 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2020, 10:42:09 AM »
« edited: September 18, 2020, 10:47:49 AM by VARepublican »

MI (517 RV)
Biden 53% (+4)
Trump 42% (-4)

OH (556 RV)
Trump 48% (+1)
Biden 45% (-2)

PA (704 RV)
Biden 52% (+1)
Trump 45% (+1)

WI (549 RV)
Biden 51% (nc)
Trump 44% (-1)

https://rustbeltrising.com/resources/
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 10:43:14 AM »

Glad to see Biden above 50%.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 10:44:49 AM »

I really wish we had more polling in Ohio.  The other three seem like they are verging on Safe Biden at this point.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 10:45:07 AM »

Encouraging, both the margins and #Bidenover50.

OH is definitely Lean R. Meanwhile, Trump is probably DOA in MI unless he can change the entire race in the next 6 weeks. But he's starting to run out of time.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 10:45:39 AM »

Biden will slightly win OH on election day.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 10:46:31 AM »

The Upper Midwest Blue Wall is under reconstruction. Don't forget to add titanium.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 10:46:57 AM »

Biden, Dems...PLEASE start spending in Ohio!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 10:48:58 AM »

We don’t need it though. If we win Ohio, we’ve already won the election, and there aren’t a ton of downballot races that could be lifted there. I used to think spending in OH was a good idea, and they have done some, but at this stage I think places like Texas and Georgia are wiser investments.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 10:49:11 AM »

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 10:49:20 AM »

For Rust Belt Rising
September 11-15
Changes with August 13-17 polls
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 10:50:21 AM »

We don’t need it though. If we win Ohio, we’ve already won the election, and there aren’t a ton of downballot races that could be lifted there. I used to think spending in OH was a good idea, and they have done some, but at this stage I think places like Texas and Georgia are wiser investments.
There are two state supreme court races and three congressional races which are winnable, not to mention some state legislative seats.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 10:51:39 AM »

I'm not against spending in OH, but I'd prioritize TX though. 38 EVs is a bigger prize, puts Trump in a bigger defense effort and actually has several winnable downballot races while OH has very few of such.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 10:53:55 AM »

There we go!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 10:56:37 AM »

There are two state supreme court races and three congressional races which are winnable, not to mention some state legislative seats.

We have already discussed this. Texas, Iowa, Georgia, they all have much more important races than Ohio. Besides the senatorial contests, flipping the Texas House alone would have momentous consequences for congressional redistricting in the second biggest state in the country.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 11:06:08 AM »

We need to expand the map to stop the GOPs rat fudging.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 11:07:44 AM »

We have already discussed this. Texas, Iowa, Georgia, they all have much more important races than Ohio. Besides the senatorial contests, flipping the Texas House alone would have momentous consequences for congressional redistricting in the second biggest state in the country.

Texas would only be deferring the inevitable for 2 years unless Dems also flip some seats on the state supreme court and then flip some more in 2022/24.  There is a backup commission that redraws the state legislature for the decade if there is a deadlock.  If Dems flip the lower house, the commission is still 4R/1D because of the statewide officers.  The lower house would likely flip right back on the Republican maps in 2022 and unless Dems managed to flip the governorship or flip/get very close to flipping the state supreme court (4/9 seats are up this year, all incumbents are R's), the legislature would just pass a congressional gerrymander for the rest of the decade in 2023.  

Ohio has a commission process that was intentionally set up to be easy to game.  Flipping the state supreme court from 5R/2D to 4D/3R could effectively take the process from R control to D control.  

Georgia would have a momentous redistricting impact if Dems were able to flip or tie a state legislative chamber (it doesn't have a backup process like Texas), but the odds are incredibly long and it's unclear if the investment is sensible.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 11:28:17 AM »

plus 7 in pa yas daddy
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 11:34:37 AM »

Fantastic.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 11:36:07 AM »

Texas would only be deferring the inevitable for 2 years unless Dems also flip some seats on the state supreme court and then flip some more in 2022/24.  There is a backup commission that redraws the state legislature for the decade if there is a deadlock.  If Dems flip the lower house, the commission is still 4R/1D because of the statewide officers.  The lower house would likely flip right back on the Republican maps in 2022 and unless Dems managed to flip the governorship or flip/get very close to flipping the state supreme court (4/9 seats are up this year, all incumbents are R's), the legislature would just pass a congressional gerrymander for the rest of the decade in 2023.  

Ohio has a commission process that was intentionally set up to be easy to game.  Flipping the state supreme court from 5R/2D to 4D/3R could effectively take the process from R control to D control.  

Georgia would have a momentous redistricting impact if Dems were able to flip or tie a state legislative chamber (it doesn't have a backup process like Texas), but the odds are incredibly long and it's unclear if the investment is sensible.

Very interesting. I’m gonna need a full rundown of downballot races’ impact on redistributing following the election. 
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 11:40:58 AM »

The other incentive to flip TX is to stop the implementation of a "state electoral college" for local races, including the governor's mansion. If Democrats can hold off that reform until 2022, they have a real shot at installing a governor who can veto such reforms coming from the newly gerrymandered state house.
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2020, 11:41:51 AM »

Great polls for Biden, I don't think there's any other way to look it.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2020, 12:00:20 PM »

2016 polling error (as described by NYT) would change PA and WI to +1 Biden

Debate domination by Trump turns the race into +2 Trump in PA/WI

COVID cases going down and economy booming turns the race into +3 Trump in PA/WI

Boaters for Trump turns the race into +5 Trump in WI/PA

Trump piss tape is revealed which turns the race into +7 Trump in WI/PA
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2020, 12:11:29 PM »

2016 polling error (as described by NYT) would change PA and WI to +1 Biden

Debate domination by Trump turns the race into +2 Trump in PA/WI

COVID cases going down and economy booming turns the race into +3 Trump in PA/WI

Boaters for Trump turns the race into +5 Trump in WI/PA

Trump piss tape is revealed which turns the race into +7 Trump in WI/PA

Ha well you had me on the first three
republican1993
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2020, 12:28:51 PM »

this race is so god damn boring i'm ready for the midterms (hopefulyl debates shake things up) was everyone acting this way in 2016 too? LOL
Buzz

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 12:46:25 PM »

President Harris becoming closer to reality by the day.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies