How to replace the red with easy english to make it easier for my students.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:58:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  How to replace the red with easy english to make it easier for my students.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to replace the red with easy english to make it easier for my students.  (Read 130 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2020, 08:10:13 PM »

Hundreds of drones(无人机) light up Seoul sky with virus messages as the world fights COVID-19.
Three hundred drones were programmed to form pictures above the Han river -- which runs through the South Korean capital -- for the eyecatching flash mob (快闪).
The show began with messages reminding people of key protective methods, including wearing masks, washing hands and keeping a two-meter distance from others.
The drones created pictures of a mask surrounded by coronavirus particles, quickly shuffling to form two hands and water droplets against the dark night sky.
The 10-minute show shifted to messages of thanks for medical workers in the frontlines of the pandemic as well as all South Koreans for their collective work.
"THANKS TO YOU," the drones wrote in the sky next to a heart shape, then formed a map shape of the Korean peninsula(半岛) with the message: "Cheer up, Republic of Korea."
The government-organized event on Saturday night was not advertised in advance in consideration of social distancing rules, one government officer said.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 08:57:42 PM »

"There wasn't any advertising for the government-organized event on Saturday night because of social distancing rules, one government officer said."
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 11:38:12 PM »

The government-organized event on Saturday night was not advertised in advance beforehand in consideration of social distancing rules,

Any effort to replace "in consideration of" would likely either be extremely wordy or change the meaning slightly. "Because of" is probably the best replacement , but that would suggest the rules required the lack of advertising rather than worries that advertising might cause people to break social distancing rules .
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 05:45:02 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2020, 07:23:04 PM by v0031 »

Thank you.
And with your help, I design the following questions for my students.
The process ,from searching the suitable materials to designing questions, is also a self-improvement to me, because I read a lot from the native websites.

无人机阅读理解
Hundreds of drones(无人机) light up Seoul sky with virus messages as the world fights COVID-19.
Three hundred drones were programmed to form pictures above the Han river -- which runs through the South Korean capital for the eye-catching flash mob (快闪).
The show began with messages reminding people of important protective methods, including wearing masks, washing hands and keeping a two-meter distance from others.
The drones created pictures of a mask surrounded by coronavirus particles, quickly shuffling to form two hands and water droplets against the dark night sky.
The 10-minute show shifted to messages of thanks for medical workers in the frontlines of the pandemic as well as all South Koreans for their collective work.
"THANKS TO YOU," the drones wrote in the sky next to a heart shape, then formed a map shape of the Korean peninsula(半岛) with the message: "Cheer up, Republic of Korea."
"There wasn't any advertisement for the government-organized event on Saturday night because of social distancing rules, "one government officer said.

(  )1.How many protective ways are mentioned in the passage?
A. three            B. four            C. five         D. six
(  )2.The drones created pictures of the following shapes except________.
A.   two hands            B. one heart            C. a map         D. the dark night sky
(  )3.From the passage, we can learn________.
A. how many people watched the show
B. how long the drone show lasted
C. when the drone show was held
D. how much the drone show cost
(  )4.The government-organized event didn’t have any advertisement because________.
A. It was not considered part of people’s collective work
B. The advertisements couldn’t cheer up Korean people
C. It was too late to put up advertisements before the drone show
D. the government wanted people to keep social distance

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies