Election Night Timelines Project
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Night Timelines Project
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Poll
Question: Which Midterm Scenario do you want me to do
1974 Without Watergate

1994 if Bush won Re-Election

2002 without 9/11

2018 if Hillary won in 2016

2022 if Trump retired after losing

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Election Night Timelines Project  (Read 16918 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2021, 07:47:07 PM »

1960 NBC Election Night Coverage(Part 3):

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp0W4Dkl_mk

9:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8dPRhuE1s&t=145s

Brinkley: Its 9 PM in the East and NBC can now project Vice President Nixon will carry the states of Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming, while Senator Humphrey will carry the states of Rhode Island , Minnesota and also will carry the home state of his running mate Missouri . We are unable to make a projection in New York, Wisconsin , Louisiana, New Mexico and North Dakota at the moment

Nixon 99
Humphrey 60
Faubus 47

Huntley: So Far in Pennsylvania , Senator Humphrey still holds a solid lead but remember much of suburban and rural parts of Pennsylvania havent come in yet which will almost certainly tighten up the margin and looking at these results, it looks like it will be close even though at this moment Senator Humphrey has the edge here in Pennsylvania. In Michigan , Vice President Nixon currently holds a lead but there is still much of Detroit left out and in Illionis currently Vice President Nixon holds the lead due to a strong performance in the Collar Counties and Downstate but remember there is still much to count. In Texas Vice president Nixon holds a 3 point lead so far but there is still much to count but in one bad news for the Vice President in the south is in Virginia where it seems like in northern virginia , Mr.Faubus is pulling votes from both camps which could put more pressure for Richmond and Virginia Beach to deliver the state for Vice President Nixon. In Tenneesse though so far Vice President Nixon is leading thanks to a strong performance in the Eastern half of the state but their is of course a long way to go.

9:33

Huntley: NBC News is now able to project that Senator Humphrey will carry Maryland, Governor Faubus will carryLouisiana and Vice president Nixon will carry North Dakota

Nixon 103
Humphrey 69
Faubus 57

Chancellor: So far in Illionis , Vice President Nixon is still leading by a point or two but only 60% of th vote is in so far so there is still much to go. In Texas again Vice President Nixon is ahead but as more preceients come in , his lead continues to drop here as more of the democratic areas of the state reports in. In Wisconsin Vice President Humphrey holds a narrow lead so far but there is still obvisouly much of the state to report.

We do have some major news to project so far and that is in the senate race in Wyoming the Republican Edwin Thompson will be elected marking the first senate flip so far as every other race so far has seen the party currently holding it win.

Brinkley: One interesting state so far is Florida as out of all the southern states it is the best state Mr.Nixon is doing in

Huntley: Well much of that is out of all the southern states, Florida is the least southern so its not a surprise that Governor Faubus isnt doing as well here outside the panhandle and I wouldnt be surprised if we could soon call it for Mr.Nixon

9:48:

Brinkley: We have a major state we can project for Senator Humphrey and it is a big won as we can project he will win New York an its 45 electoral votes. We also can project that Vice President Nixon will take his first southern state of the night and that is Florida and its 10 electoral votes

Humphrey 114
Nixon 113
Faubus 57

Huntley: Wow the electoral total is so close with only 1 electoral vote separating Mr. Humphrey and Mr.Nixon . I think at this point the question has to be asked whether or not any side will even win a majority of electoral votes cause if it stays this close , that is probably what the outcome will be.

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2021, 10:12:39 PM »

I think Nixon will win this with under 300.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2021, 10:47:07 PM »

Nixon will win, just.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2021, 01:36:58 AM »

1960 NBC Election Night Coverage(Part 4):

10:00

Brinkley: Its 10 PM in the east and we can project Vice President Nixon will carry the states of Utah and Idaho as expected and with that retakes the lead in the electoral college race. We are though unable to project the states of Iowa, Montana or Nevada at the moment

Nixon 121
Humphrey 114
Faubus 57

Brinkey: So Chet were are some of the updates in the major industrial battlegrounds and Texas

Huntley: In Illionis with nearly 3/4 of the vote , Vice President Nixon has expanded his lead to nearly 1.5 points but the most of the remainder vote will be in Chicago metro the question is it will it be int the city or suburbs or a mix so we will wait on this state for another hour and a half to two hours. In Wisconsin Senator Humphrey leads by 2 points right now, in Michigan Vice President Nixon is still up 2 points but we are told that most of the votes outstanding will be from the Detroit area, in Pennsylvania Vice President Humphrey is still up by 4 points, and in New Jersey both candidates are trading leads as results come in so that will go down to the wire. The really good news here for Mr.Nixon is in Texas where he holds a 3 point lead even after many of the Democratic areas have started to come in . So at this point John what would you say are the pathaways to the white house.

Chancellor: Well taking my calculator here and if you added the 3 uncalled races in the west and Iowa what are expected to go for Mr.Nixon then you get to 142 electoral votes for the Vice President and then given out of all these battleground states he is doing the best in Texas which has 24 electoral votes and Illionis which has 27 you get to Mr.Nixon having 193 electoral votes. Now id say any path probably involves the 3 states on the west coast to California, Oregon and Washington so if you add those electoral votes to the Vice President column , he gets to 240 electoral votes which is just 29 short. So at that point you can have different pathways to get there. From there id say the easiest path is a hybrid path of taking one southern state and for sake of argument lets say Tennessee which gets him to 251, one in the North East New jersey which gets him to 267 and from there he just needs any one state to get over the top .

For Vice President Humphrey id say is by adding to his column these 4 states and they are a must , New Jersey with with 16,  Pennsylvania with 32, Michigan with 20 and Wisconsin with 12 which would take him to 194 electoral votes. Now from there id say he must win either Illionis or Texas , and right now Illinois is looking better for him than Texas so lets give him Illinois which would give him 221 electoral votes. Then from there id say he must win California  , Washington and probably even Oregon which then would give him 268 electoral votes. From there all Senator Humphrey would need either Hawaii or Alaska and he gets over.

Though as you can see its very probably that neither men get to 270 as it requires taking many of the big states.

10:36:

Huntley: NBC News is now able to project Vice President Nixon in the winner of 3 states, two of them that really arent surprising which are the states of Iowa and New Mexico but we can also project him the winner of a battleground state as well and while it is a small state , in an election like this it could be critical and that is we can now project with all the ballots being counted, that the state of Delaware will be won by Vice President Nixon now.

Nixon 138
Humphrey 114
Faubus 57

Huntley: So David how are things looking in the 3 southern states that are close between Mr.Nixon and Mr.Faubus

Brinkley: Well lets look at the results and so far we can see with nearly 80% in Tennessee at the moment Vice President Nixon currently leads Mr.Faubus 39%-36% there , with nearly 85% in North Carolina , Mr Faubus currently holds a 42% to 37% lead and with a little more than 90% in Virginia Mr.Faubus holds a 37% to 35% lead . At this point in Tennessee i would say Mr. Nixon is favored but only sightly so , while in Virginia its gonna be a nail biter but in North Carolina its  hard to see how Mr.Faubus doesnt win the state at this point.

Huntley: Well yes I agree and it seems like our team calling these states also agrees as  they have just called North Carolina and its 14 electoral votes for Governor Faubus.

Nixon 138
Humphrey 114
Faubus 71

Chancellor: Now we will send it back to your local stations so you can have coverage of your local results and we will be back at the top of the hour when polls in the west coast close.

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2021, 05:39:00 AM »

I think it's either a Nixon win or a deadlock.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2021, 09:26:54 PM »

1960 NBC Election Night Coverage(Part 5):

11:00

Brinkley: The polls have just closed in the west and currently we are unable to make a projections in any of the states of California, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii . We though will be able to project that Vice President Nixon will carry the western state of  Nevada and its 3 electoral votes

Nixon 141
Humphrey 114
Faubus 71

Huntley: With polls have basically closed in every state lets look at our updated House forcast where we are able to say that the Democrats will have anywhere from 253-263 seats at the end of tonight meaning Republicans will gain at least 21 house seats but could gain as much as 31. Also remember due to Alaska and Hawaii being admitted as states there will be a total of 437 house seats for just this cycle given redistricting will happen after this one and once it does the house will return to having 435 seats.

Chancellor: Despite this year being far better for the Republicans than it was in 1958 , the losses in 1958 still very well may have cost them an ability to get the majority this cycle or even close really.
Getting back to the Presidential race in two key battlegrounds , we can see that in Texas Vice President Nixon currently holds a lead of 4 points and in Pennsylvania Senator Humphrey has taken a 2 point lead so at this moment both those states very likely be called soon.

Huntley: Well we will take a commercial break and we will see when we come back if we can call those states

11:12

Brinkley: Welcome back and NBC news is ready to make projections in two huge battleground states , one for each candidate and that is in Pennsylvania - we can project that Senator Humphrey will take the state and its 32 critical electoral votes and in Texas we can project that Vice President Nixon will take the state and its 24 critical electoral votes.

Nixon 165
Humphrey 146
Faubus 71

Joining us now is an top aide to Vice President Nixon's campaign and he is with John

Chancellor: How are you feeling looking at the results so far

Nixon Aide: At this point I believe we are in good shape to win though there is still some time to go.

Chancellor: How would you outline your path to victory at this moment

Nixon Aide: Well first looking at some of these outstanding battlegrounds I believe the lead we have in Illionis is safe at this point and we will cary that critical state along with Montana for sure giving us 196 electoral votes . Now while its way to early to say what will happen in the west , I am confident we will win California ,  Oregon and Washington from what we saw in our internal polling before election day and on election day itself even though by narrow margins. So if you do that it get us to 243 electoral votes just 26 short of the magic number of 269. Add in Tennessee where things are looking good and we get to 254 votes which just makes us 15 short.

Now its from that point where Id say the rest of the states are up in the air but either Michigan or New Jersey alone would put us over the top or winning either Virginia or Wisconsin along with wither Alaska or Hawaii would do it .

Huntely: Yes and at this point Senator Humphrey cannot afford to lose any state he has a chance he can win in as if you take out Tenneesse and Virignia from the outstanding electoral votes you can see only 132 electoral votes are left outstanding , out of which Mr.Hunmphrey needs 123 to get over the top.

Brinkley: As if you remember we asked Senator Humphrey earlier what hed do in a deadlocked election knowing the South could hold the balance in the house. Heres what he said

Humphrey: Well in that case there are many things we believe we can do from the election to when the electoral college meets to procure the extra electoral votes needed to get to a majority but even if the worst comes to worst and the election gets thrown to the House I will stick with my principles and hope the House elects me cause I can tell you that I will not under any circumstance reverse my position on civil rights to win.

Brinkley: What if the house is unable to pick a winner due to nobody able to get to 26 state delegations

Humphrey: well then the senate will effectively pick who our next President is and given the fact that only the top 2 candidates move on in a senate election , I believe Stuart Symington would win and be our next President and I am confident he will do a great job as President.

11:35:

Huntley: Humphrey headquarters must be able to breath a sigh of relief for now as NBC News can project that Wisconsin and its 12 electoral votes will be won by Senator Humphrey .

Nixon 165
Humphrey 158
Faubus 71

Chancellor: Some more good news for the Humphrey camp is that Senator Humphrey has just taken the lead in Michigan though he currently narrowly trails in New Jersey though the state still is anyone's ball game. In Virginia with 95% in , Vice President Nixon trails and the outcome will largely depend on how the rest of Northern Virginia comes in. Early on it didnt seem like Vice President Nixon was getting the numbers he needed there but other batches of votes has shown he has so if the batches are more similar to how they were early on hed narrowly lose , if they are more similar to how they have been later on he will narrowly win thanks to a dominant performance in Richmond.
Tennessee Vice President is still up by slightly more than 3 points so it definitely looks like he will win the state.

11:47

Brinkley: Some huge news for people in the Nixon camp and that is he will carry the state of Tennessee and its 11 electoral votes marking another win in the South for the Vice President

Nixon 176
Humphrey 158
Faubus 71

Huntley: That is big cause if he wins the states on the west coast , and Illionis he will just need either Michigan or New Jersey to win the election.

Brinkley: Well Illionis at this point seems almost certain but we will wait till the top of the hour before calling that so the question is how is he doing out west.

Chancellor: Not so much has come in yet but a piece of good news is he is leading in Los Angeles County the largest county in California so far and a county Democrats must win to win the state while its not a county Republicans necessarily need . In Oregon , similarly in their largest county which is Multnomah County Vice President Nixon is up which again is a county Democrats need to win the state but not the Republicans and the same is true in Washington where he is leading in King County the largest county in the state and a county considered a bellwether there. So at the moment the west is looking good for him.

Brinkley: So at this point it looks like our next President will be Richard Nixon or Stuart Symington

Huntley: I wouldnt be so sure of that cause even if Governor Faubus wins Virginia he will end up with only 83 electoral votes and if Senator Humphrey takes Michigan like he is expected to he will have 178 more than double Governor Faubus

Brinkley: But in that case its still sent to the house were it likely will be deadlocked

Huntley: Not Necessarily as remember the house takes the top 3 candidates after the electoral college votes and what we know tonight is how many electoral votes are pledged to one candidate but not know exactly how it will end up. Reason is with 178 electoral votes Senator Humphrey can have 85 of his electoral votes votes for Symington for President and Humphrey for vice President meaning the house will choose from Nixon Humphrey and Symington and not Faubus .

So really we will have to see how it goes but that is a possible scenario

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2021, 10:57:32 PM »

So close.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2021, 11:00:10 PM »

Since OSR is about halfway done with his timeline. I suppose I will reveal mine.

Once OSR is done, I will start an alternate 2020 election night where Hillary is president and I won't reveal who the GOP nominee is right now.

The only thing I will say is that there will be some real surprises. Stay tuned!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2021, 11:18:18 PM »

Since OSR is about halfway done with his timeline. I suppose I will reveal mine.

Once OSR is done, I will start an alternate 2020 election night where Hillary is president and I won't reveal who the GOP nominee is right now.

The only thing I will say is that there will be some real surprises. Stay tuned!
Cool, looking forward to that! Will it be a Male or Female for the Republicans?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2021, 01:58:43 PM »

I predict Nixon winning all Western states yet to be called and Illinois. Without Hawaii, that gets him to 254, and Virginia alone would put him over the top. New Jersey comes on top then. Michigan probably goes to Humphrey. If Nixon also takes Alaska, which is likely, he wins with 285 electoral votes.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2021, 12:23:05 AM »

1960 NBC Election Night Coverage(Part 5):

12:00

Brinkley: Its midnight meaning the polls have closed in Alaska but we are unable to make a projection at this moment but we are ready to make a major projection and that is Vice President Nixon will carry the critical state of Illionis and its 27 electoral votes and also the home state of his running mate Everett Dirksen. We are also able to project he will win Montana and its 4 electoral votes

Nixon 207
Humphrey 158
Faubus 71

Huntley: Senator Humphrey has now taken an one point lead in Michigan with 95% of the vote in , and in New Jersey again remains a virtual dead heat and its looking like at this point either New Jersey or Virginia will decide whether Vice President Nixon crosses the threshold or not though a win out west espically in California could change that calculation.

Chancellor: Yes it very much could and dont forget Alaska and Hawaii the two new states which could be critical as well.

12:38:

Brinkley: We have a projection that will bring a temporary sigh of relief to people in the Humphrey camp as we can now project he will win the state of Michigan and its 20 major electoral votes. On the other hand, we can now project that Vice President Nixon will carry Oregon and its 6 electoral votes and with it carrying another Western state.

Nixon 213
Humphrey 178
Faubus 71

Chancellor: The rest of the west looks good for Mr.Nixon as well but due to the size of California we are gonna wait till the top of the next hour to really see if we can make a projection but we have another projection we can make and that is the Republican Orvin B. Fjare will be the next senator of the state meaning they will have two more senate seats when the night is all over.

12:52:

Brinkley: Yet another Western state will go in the Nixon column as we can project he will carry the state of Washington and its 9 electoral votes

Nixon 222
Humphrey 178
Faubus 71

Huntley: Vice President Nixon in California has taken a 4 point lead and leads in LA County but the biggest news is Mr.Nixon has just taken the lead in Virginia which means if he holds on to his lead in California he will have 266 electoral votes and if he loses New Jersey, either Alaska or Hawaii will decide whether or not he can win outright or not. Not bad for a new state
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2021, 12:32:59 PM »

Yikes!
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2021, 08:01:44 PM »

SNEAK PEEK FOR MY NEXT ELECTION NIGHT:

"Hillary has a long road to climb."

"He's had a steady lead of anywhere between 2-4 points throughout the campaign."

"He's got leads in NV, IA, OH, NC, FL and ME-02. PA, VA and NH look favorable as well while CO and NM are tied and Hillary only has small leads in WI, MI and MN."

"Senate Dems and House Dems are hoping to gain the chambers thanks to a funding crisis the Senate and House GOP both had toward the end of the campaign."

"This is a very big projection, We can project that the state of ____________ and it's __ electoral votes will go to ___________ making ___ the winner of the election!"

COMING NEXT WEEK!

I'm not sure exactly when the timeline will come out. I told OSR I was aiming for a Monday release date so he'll try to get his own timeline done by Sunday night but also told me he might not be done before then and has asked me to not release mine until he's finished. (Tuesday or so at the latest he said) But it will be coming next week as soon as OSR is done with his.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2021, 06:59:07 PM »

1960 NBC Election Night Coverage(Part 6):

1:03

Brinkley: We can now project another state for the Vice President and that is his home state of California and its 32 electoral votes as he inches closer to the finish line with the only question now will he get there

Nixon 254
Humphrey 178
Faubus 71

Huntley: In Virginia the Vice President has a quarter of a percentage lead with 99% of the vote and in New Jersey , Senator Humphrey has a similar lead with around of the 97% in

Chancellor: Well if they go the way they are trending right now that means we will be waiting on Hawaii and Alaska before we know who has won the presidency which means we will not have a winner until at least 10 ET tomorrow morning due to how slow votes are counted there.

Brinkley: One big thing I would note is this election does show the power of the West as the West really is what propelled the Vice President to this point and if he wins , to victory as without basically sweeping the West , there is no shot hed have swept the West. On the flip side it seems like other than upper new England the North East is becoming Democratic territory even in close elections so it seems with the Midwest being split with the plains and places like Indiana and Ohio Republican with the upper Midwest Democratic. The South though is the real question mark

Huntley: Well the South could very much be a volatile region where we see huge swings back and forth but after the way it deserted the Democratic party this time around with every state voting for Mr.Nixon or Mr.Faubus I dont think it will every be as solidly Democratic as it used to be at the presidential level. So really id say the South and Illinois will be the battleground we will probably be looking at for the next decade or two.

Chancellor: Yes i definitely agree with that

1:48:

Brinkley: We have a major projection to make and that is Virginia the home state of Governor Faubus's running mate will be carried by Vice President Nixon and with it he will carry its crucial 12 electoral votes meaning as long as he carries any one of the outstanding states he will be President-Elect.

Nixon 266
Humphrey 178
Faubus 71

Huntley: A fun fact is that if this was under the old math , then Mr.Nixon would have exactly the amount of EV he needs to be elected but this year you will need 269 meaning he just needs one more state to win the election.

Chancellor: New Jersey is looking more and more unlikely as Mr.Nixon trails there and according to our decision desk more of the Democratic areas areas are still to come in so really id say we wont know the winner until 10 in the morning at least

2:07:

Huntley: Well with 99% of the vote in New Jersey and with Mr.Humphrey up by a fourth of a percentage point we can project that Senator Humphrey will carry New Jersey and its 16 electoral votes

Nixon 266
Humphrey 194
Faubus 71

Brinkley: That means that the election will come down to either Alaska or Hawaii , with the Vice President needing just one of them and Senator Humphrey needing the both of them to have a chance to potentially win in the house.

Chancellor: In the House of Representatives the final numbers will be 255 Democrats to 182 Republicans, meaning the Republicans will have picked up a net of 29 seats tonight in the House. Alright since Alaska and Hawaii we are told we wont be able to make a projection until 10 AM Eastern time, we will take a break and continue our election coverage this morning at 9:45 AM Eastern time so we will see you then.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »

The suspense.... Can't wait for the conclusion to another great timeline!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2021, 07:15:42 PM »

1960 NBC Election Night Coverage(Part 7):

9:45

Brinkley: Welcome back to NBC's coverage of the 1960 election where we are waiting for the results of Alaska and Hawaii to see whether or not Vice President Nixon will get to the 269 electoral votes he needs to be elected or whether this election will be decided by Congress or faithless electors. To remind of how the election has gone so far lets look at the map

Nixon 266
Humphrey 194
Faubus 71

Huntley: As you can see the Vice President only needs one of Alaska or Hawaii to be elected and right now he currently leads in Alaska by 4 points with 45% of the vote in and we are told at around 10 Am another 35 to 40% of precincts will be reported so we will have a better idea of who won the state then. In Hawaii with 40% of the vote in , the Vice President leads by 2 points and similarly we are told 35% to 40% of precients will come in the next 15 minutes.

Chancellor: We are also told that all of Alaska will be in by 11:45 and Hawaii by noon so we should know the final outcome in the next couple of hours.

10:00:

Brinkley: A huge batch of votes have just come in and so far the Vice President leads by 4 points with 82% of the vote in Alaska and 2 points with 78% of the vote in marking not much of a change with this batch.

Chancellor: At this point id say its almost certian Vice President Nixon will win Alaska and take the presidency

Huntley: Yes it looks likely but are decision desk has said they will wait another 30 minutes before marking a decision

10:32:

Breaking News: Richard Milhous Nixon elected the 35th President of the United States
Brinkley: At 10:32 AM Eastern Time Vice President Nixon was elected President of the United States as the NBC decision team has just given Alaska to Nixon and that gives him the election

Nixon 269
Humphrey 194
Faubus 71

Huntley: Well it was one of the closest elections ever but we finally have an outcome and it will be up to the task of President-Elect Nixon to bring the country together after this close election. No doubt being the sitting Vice President should make that job easier as that should mean and easier transition but due to the closeness of this election he will have a tougher first 100 days then any president has had in a long time especially with a Democratic congress

Chancellor: No doubt about it but being the sitting Vice President could mean the easiest transition of power we have had this century as well

Brinkley: We have just gotten word that Senator Humphrey has called Vice President Nixon to concede the election so we now can officially call Mr.Nixon the President-Elect of the United States.

Huntley: What about Governor Faubus

Brinkley: We are told that Governor Faubus will be challenging the results in Virginia given the closeness of the state but given Senator Humphrey concession it doesnt matter as we are told he is ready to ask his electors in Wisconsin to vote for Nixon if something goes on in Virginia so no matter what happens in Virginia, Richard Nixon will be the President-Elect of the United States.

Chancellor: Senator Humphrey is a very decent man and an honorable man and Im not surprised he has done this and besides with this result even if Virginia went to Mr.Faubus , it would be really difficult to argue that Senator Humphrey should be elected given not only will he have lost the popular vote but have lost the electoral vote by a significant amount too and if Mr.Fabus didnt run he still would have lost Virginia along with probably other southern states so this is the correct decision.

Huntley:  I will like to point out that even his support in the south isnt as great as people think it is. He will have lost Florida, Texas , Tennessee and we believe Virginia as well and even in North Carolina barely get a plurality so I dont think he can clame he has a mandate from the south where he has only receive in 5 of the 11  southern states he hasnt come close to getting a majority and if you include Oklahoma, West Virginia and Kentucky as the south ,he got less than 20% in Oklahoma and Kentucky and failed to even get 7% of the vote in West Virginia. So other than the deep south and his home state of Arkansas he really didnt do well in the south either.

11:51

Brinkley: We can call the final outstanding state and that is we can project Hawaii will also go in the column for President-Elect Nixon.

Nixon 272
Humphrey 194
Faubus 71

Brinkley: That will do it for out coverage of Election Night 1960, and join us this evening at 5 for a special 30 minute election results special. Thank You and have a nice day
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2021, 07:54:00 PM »

1972 Election Results:

Presidential Results:

Vice President Richard Nixon(R-CA)/Senator Everett Dirksen(R-IL) 272 45.77%
Senator Hubert Humphrey(D-MN)/Senator Stuart Symington(D-MO) 194 43.85%
Governor Orval Faubus(I-AR)/Former Governor Thomas Stanley(I-VA) 71 10.16%

State by State Results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b-ZSnhmW9ompp8Xbf-d1ZinRUfaxewev/view?usp=sharing

Senate Results:

Democratic Party 63(-3)
Republican Party 37(+3)

House of Representatives:

Democratic Party 255(-28)
Republican Party 182(+29)

Gubernatorial Elections :

Democrats Gain 1 Seat
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2021, 10:07:47 PM »

2020: President Clinton vs. Marco Rubio

Here we are folks! President Clinton is eyeing a fourth straight term for Democrats in the White House while Marco Rubio hopes to bring in a new vision for the White House. A pandemic has hit the country and has led to about 50,000 dead and more than 3 million infected. Clinton's poll numbers began to sour after this and Rubio has held an edge of between 2 and 4 points throughout most of the campaign. Clinton officials continue to insist she has a path to re-election while Rubio officials are feeling very good about this election. Here is what the final polling looked like state by state.

Rubio holds a 303-221 edge in polling including 266 in Likely or Safe.

Our first poll closings will close in an hour.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2021, 03:20:28 PM »

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2021, 03:42:10 PM »

Good guess.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2021, 03:56:33 PM »

It is now 7PM on the east coast, Polls are now closing and let's get to some projections:

"We are able to project Vermont for the President and we can also project Indiana and Kentucky for Rubio. We are unable to project South Carolina, Georgia and especially Virginia at this time. We cannot project a senate race at this time."

What are we looking for in Virginia?

"Mainly to see what happens in Loudoun, Prince William and Henrico counties. Also, there's this tiny town called Radford, and Radford usually tracks the statewide vote pretty well so the popular vote in Radford will likely look very similar to the statewide vote."

Okay, thank you! Any real surprises?

"Not really, South Carolina and Georgia usually take a while to really start counting votes and with the pandemic it could take longer. It could be a long time before we're able to say who wins this election even if it's not close."

Thanks. What about the senate?

"Democrats are hoping to pick up 7 or more seats tonight, Senate Republicans have had a funding crisis which gives the Democrats hope in several senate seats tonight. The least of which is Kentucky where Mitch McConnell and Charles Booker appear to be in a tight race. McConnell is leading right now but only narrowly. Jaime Harrison wants to beat Lindsay Graham though this race was thought to be leaning Graham despite the funding crisis." On the other side of the coin, Alissa Baldwin hopes to be able to take Virginia's seat from Mark Warner."

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2021, 04:08:06 PM »

How do Republicans do so poorly in a 2018 Clinton midterm such that a D+7 result in 2020 for the US Senate flips the chamber?
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2021, 04:14:54 PM »

How do Republicans do so poorly in a 2018 Clinton midterm such that a D+7 result in 2020 for the US Senate flips the chamber?

Changes from IRL:

2016:

D's win MO, NC, PA, WI

2017: Sessions never resigns

2018: R's retain NV, AZ, pick up ND, FL, IN, MO, MI, MT, WV, OH. 2018 was still an amazing year for Republicans with an R+8 gain and 56 seats.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2021, 11:47:11 AM »

Next update coming over the weekend.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2021, 05:43:50 AM »

It is now 7:30PM on the east coast and we can project that West Virginia and South Carolina will go to Rubio. No big surprises. We are not ready to call Ohio or North Carolina. We are still not ready to say who has won a senate race in either state.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies