Election Night Timelines Project
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:13:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Night Timelines Project
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
Poll
Question: Which Midterm Scenario do you want me to do
1974 Without Watergate

1994 if Bush won Re-Election

2002 without 9/11

2018 if Hillary won in 2016

2022 if Trump retired after losing

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Election Night Timelines Project  (Read 17138 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2021, 01:29:08 PM »

Okay, since OSR is approaching the end of his timeline and my turn is up next. I'm announcing that i'm taking up a request from "there is no tomorrow without today" and doing 2016: Ted Cruz/John Kasich vs. Bernie Sanders/Jeff Merkley.

This will be interesting and here is a toss-up map:

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #226 on: September 24, 2021, 08:31:28 PM »

California Secretary of State announces results of California recount:

Brokaw: We are getting word that California has completed its recount, so in a few minutes we will go to Sacramento where California Secretary of State March Fong Eu will announce its results. The President is waiting anxiously at the White House while Governor Cuomo is waiting anxiously at the New York Gubernatorial Mansion and we are told the President will give his speech at RNC Headquarters in DC while Governor Cuomo will give one at the New York State Democratic Party office in Albany. We are told that neither side will take further legal action so the results of this recount will decide the presidency, so now lets head over to Sacramento.

Eu: The total votes cast in California for President and Vice President was 12,861,353 which the ticket of George Bush and Dan Quayle received 6,372,800 votes, the ticket of Mario Cuomo and Al Gore received 6,370,228 votes

Brokaw: With that the President will win the crucial state of California by a super tiny 2,572 votes or in percntage terms, .02% in the largest state of the union and with that NBC News can now project that President Bush will be reelected President of the United States

Breaking News: George Bush Re-Elected President

Bush 298
Cuomo 240

Brokaw: Alright now lets go back to Sacramento

Eu: Due to these results, I can now certify that the 54 electors representing George Bush will be the ones casting the votes in the electoral college for President and the 54 electors representing Dan Quayle will be the ones casting the votes in the electoral college for Vice President.

Excerpts from Mario Cuomo's Concession Speech:

Cuomo: A few moments ago I called President Bush to congratulate him on a tightly contested reelection victory and wished him well for the next 4 years as these next 4 years will be crucial for our nation and it is in the best interests for everyone in our country that the President succeeds. I want to use this moment to thank Senator Al Gore for his hard work on this campaign and wish him well for whatever his future is and let him know he has become a great friend as well. I also want to thank the people who worked and volunteered on this campaign as well as all the people who supported me cause we couldn't have made it this far without you. Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless America

Excerpts from George Bush's Victory Speech:

Bush: A short while ago I spoke with Governor Mario Cuomo and congratulated him on a well-fought campaign and wished him well over the next two years as Governor of New York as it is one of the largest executive jobs in America and its important for everyone in this nation that a Governor of a state like New York is successful regardless of party. I also want to thank Vice President Dan Quayle for being an excellent vice president and being a great running mate for this campaign and look forward to working with him over the next 4 years in the White House. The next 4 years will be a very important time period in our nation which is why I ask members of both parties to put partisanship aside after a very closely fought election so we can address the issues facing our nation such as our economy, and how our world will look like entering the next century.

Thank You May God Bless You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2021, 08:39:29 PM »

To explain why I think California would be won by George Bush in 1992 vs Cuomo in a two way race:

- I think if Perot wasnt in the race , Bush loses California by around 8 points instead of 13.5 in OTL against Clinton

- Keep in Mind Clinton ran arguably the best general campaign in modern history , and pretty much threw the old playbook Republicans used to run on the previous two decades out the window.

- One major part of the playbook was to cast the Democrats as weak on crime, which helped Republicans in hardline tough on crime states like California greatly and given New York's reputation at the time and Mario Cuomo's opposition to the death penalty, I think the crime issue could hurt Cuomo even more than it did to Dukakis.

Due to this I think California in 1992 would be as much of a pure tossup state as it possibly gets in a Bush vs Cuomo race , but keep in mind if this ticket was reversed I believe Gore would win California by around 5-6 points .
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2021, 10:12:38 AM »

2016: Bernie Sanders/Jeff Merkley vs. Ted Cruz/John Kasich

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, Tonight is it. This is the day we will decide on a new president to lead this country forward for the next 4 years...Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruz both became the nominees for their respective parties after pulling through in contested conventions. Bernie Sanders appears to have the easier path to victory but Ted Cruz has plenty of paths to win as well.

It's 6PM now and the first polls have closed in Indiana and Kentucky but we're not ready to call either right now.

"What are we going to be looking for in some of these earlier states?

Well, in Indiana there's a tiny county called Vigo which is in the southwestern part of the state and borders Illinois. Remarkably, it's only voted for the losing side twice since 1888. Whatever way this county goes might tell you which way the country is going tonight. Counties like Vigo are exactly the kind of college counties Sanders is hoping to appeal to tonight. Indiana as a whole is not expected to be competitive but Vigo could give us an early sign as to who may be headed to the White House tonight.

"And what about Kentucky"

Well, for Kentucky we're just looking at rural vs. urban turnout. How does Fayette County vote? That is a swing county that went narrowly for Obama 4 years ago. Can Cruz win historically Democratic Elliott County? that county has never voted for a Republican but Obama won that county by less than 3 points 4 years ago.

These are the kinds of questions to ask early on.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2021, 06:28:28 AM »

Updates coming soon. I was busy for a bit and forgot about this. Sorry.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2021, 07:50:00 PM »

Updates coming soon. I was busy for a bit and forgot about this. Sorry.
Very excited to follow.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2021, 04:22:00 AM »

7PM POLL CLOSINGS:

It is 7:00 P.M on the east coast, we can project that Senator Cruz has won the states of Indiana and Kentucky while Senator Sanders will win his home state of Vermont. We expect tonight to bring the largest margin ever for a Democrat in Vermont and quite possibly the first time a Democrat will ever get over 70% in that state. We cannot say who will win in South Carolina, Georgia or the key state of Virginia at this time.

"Why is Virginia key to this race?"

"Virginia was a solid Republican state until 2008 when Obama won it by six points. Obama won it again by four points in 2012. Virginia is 13 electoral votes. We started the night with Sanders solid or favored in states worth 227 electoral votes. If we add Virginia to Sanders, he's at 240 and it makes his math slightly easier. Now, Senator Cruz is leading in Virginia right now and he was the slight favorite in the polling but it's still too early to say who will win Virginia."

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2021, 04:25:11 AM »

Here's what the final RCP averages look like by the way:

Junior Chimp

« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2021, 10:23:55 PM »

All what Cruz needs in the RCP Average you mentioned is Ohio and the 2nd District in Maine!
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #234 on: October 20, 2021, 06:30:30 AM »

All what Cruz needs in the RCP Average you mentioned is Ohio and the 2nd District in Maine!

You may be on to something with my timeline. Smiley
Andrew Yang 2024
Captain Thunder
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -1.39

« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2021, 11:10:14 PM »

I want to do one of these and I have an idea it’s just I don’t know how to put it into election format.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2021, 11:42:34 PM »

Ugh. I keep forgetting to update this.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2021, 04:49:56 AM »

Take your time, we all have busy lives Smiley
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2021, 01:50:04 PM »

Take your time, we all have busy lives Smiley

Thanks! Next update coming either today or tomorrow.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2021, 02:13:43 PM »

It’s alright
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2021, 06:21:16 PM »

I'm sorry to announce this. But I have decided to put my timeline on hold for a while until I have just a tad more free time on my hands. If someone else wants to work on a timeline here, go ahead.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2021, 06:24:28 PM »

I'm sorry to announce this. But I have decided to put my timeline on hold for a while until I have just a tad more free time on my hands. If someone else wants to work on a timeline here, go ahead.

That's alright Chips and hope everything is going fine
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2021, 06:39:15 PM »

If anyone is interested in joining this project please DM me on atlas or discord so you can be added to it. The first one to do so will get to work on the next TL here
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2021, 12:52:08 PM »

I am excited to announce that PragProp will be joining this project and be writing the next TL on here
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2021, 05:03:59 AM »

Looking forward to this and hope Chips will resume at some later date.

I'm obviously busy with my TL, though 1980 election night (Brown vs. Reagan) will begin after the next (and final pre-election) update.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2021, 03:01:09 PM »

I am excited to announce that PragProp will be joining this project and be writing the next TL on here
We'll be doing Church vs Ford 1976.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2022, 01:52:28 AM »

Is this going to happen or not?
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2022, 04:48:23 PM »

Is this going to happen or not?
Sorry for the delay. I still intend to do it.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2022, 07:16:55 PM »

I like your Clinton vs Palin timeline
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2023, 07:12:50 PM »

I will be reviving this soon but with a midterm . A few midterms I am considering doing are:

1974 With No Wategate
1994 if Bush won Re-Election
2002 without 9/11
2018 if Hillary won 2016
2022 if Trump just retired after losing
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies