October 2020 Liberal National Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:05:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2020 Liberal National Convention
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: October 2020 Liberal National Convention  (Read 551 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2020, 05:34:18 PM »

OCTOBER 2020 ONLINE LIBERAL NATIONAL CONVENTION

DELEGATES SIGN IN!

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2020, 05:54:21 PM by Ishan »

Current Members:
Former Congressman and Chair Poirot
Former Vice President Kingpoleon
Former Senator Mike Wells
Former Member of Parliament Ishan
Mr. smoltchanov
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 05:44:07 PM »

LIBERAL BY-LAWS

Section 1. Party Officers
a. Bylaws and procedures shall be enforced by three elected officers.

The Chair shall be the leader of the party and be responsible for planning, opening, closing, and running conventions, writing new platforms and bylaws when needed, and representing the party.

The Vice Chair shall be deputy leader of the party and take the role of Interim Chair when the Chair is unable to fulfill his or her duties.  He or she shall be responsible for membership recruitment, candidate recruitment, and assisting the Chair.

The Whip shall be the official vote counter for the party.  He or she shall be responsible for counting votes (both on bylaws, platforms, and leadership elections) at conventions.

b. Party leadership shall be selected each February, June, and October of the year during the third day of the conventions.

c. Members interested in running for a leadership position may declare their candidacies at any time before conventions to appear on the ballot.

d. Terms for party leaders shall begin immediately after the elections are certified by the Whip.

e. Party leaders may be recalled if 1/4 of party members sign a petition for recall of that official(s) within a week of the day that the petition is posted on the Atlas Fantasy Elections board.

f. If a vacancy for any of the three leadership positions shall appear, a special election will be held at the following convention.  If the Chairmanship becomes vacant, the Vice Chair shall assume the role until a new Chair can be selected, and the Vice Chair shall temporarily appoint someone to fill their former position.  If the office of the Whip becomes vacant, the Chair shall temporarily appoint someone to fill their position.  All vacancies must be filled by members of the party.

Section 2. Membership & Privileges
a. All party members that have been registered for at least 48 hours shall be allowed to vote in all primaries and conventions.

b. Members of other parties and unaffiliated voters are not permitted to vote in primaries, conventions, or other party matters.

Section 3. Conventions
a. Conventions shall take place each February, June, and October of the year, at least one week before the general elections.  During these conventions, members may discuss general business and platforms, propose amendments to the platform and bylaws, deliver speeches, and vote for leadership and rule changes.  Elections for party leadership and platform/bylaw changes shall be held on the third day.

b. The Chair will be obligated to plan the time and location of party conventions.

c. All conventions must run for at least three days.  If a member feels that convention time shall be extended, he or she may motion to extend and have the motion seconded by at least two other members.  Conventions cannot be extended to more than three additional days.

d. Emergency conventions shall be called if at least 1/4 of party members petition to do so within one week of the petition being posted on the Atlas Fantasy Elections board.  If a sufficient number of party members sign, an emergency convention shall be held the following week.

Section 4. Primaries
a. In the event of multiple party members declaring their candidacy for an office that does not elect multiple people, there shall be a primary election. The voting method in the primaries shall be first past the post. The winner shall receive the automatic endorsement of the party for that office.

b. The Chair shall then notify the SoFE that the winner of the primary shall appear as the official Liberal candidate and that if the others refuse to drop out after the primary they shall be considered as "Independent Liberal" on the ballot.

Section 5. Endorsements
a. The Liberal Party may choose by majority vote to cross-endorse candidates from other parties running for federal offices, assuming no Liberal candidate is already in the race.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 05:45:07 PM »

(The by-laws are edited for modern context, of course)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 05:48:49 PM »

x Poirot
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 05:49:11 PM »

x Ishan
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 08:22:42 PM »

There are so many opportunities for roles. They can be official or not. You can make your own role.

bookworm: likes to develop policy
ghost: does nothing, shows up to vote from time to time
techie: helps with multimedia, campaign ads
pitbull: defends the party and members if they are attacked
mastermind: plans electoral strategy and support from other parties
social butterfly: gets along and talk to everyone, builds relationships
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 08:56:34 AM »

I am running for Vice Chair and Whip? Any Objections?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 06:48:43 PM »

I am running for Vice Chair and Whip? Any Objections?

Not from me.
I will run for Chair. If elected I will continue to offer the Poirotism philosophy. (I don't know exactly what it is but it sounds deeply thought and sophisticated)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 06:54:15 PM »

When we reach 5 members we can travel by minivan but since it's a virtual convention we won't need it. It is nice to indicate we have reached that threshold.

Members will also drink alone. I guess it's safe and won't be accused of spiking drinks. I had apple juice.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 12:58:22 PM »

If you offered free alcohol maybe you'd get more members Wink
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 09:05:44 PM »

Chair
Poirot
Vice Chair
Ishan
Whip
Ishan

If you have any objectios write in.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 07:09:15 AM »

Since there are no objections, Poirot's elected Chair and I'm elected Vice Chair and Whip.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 06:21:36 PM »

I propose that this become the Liberal Platform or Mission/broad statement.

The Liberal Party will fight for, democracy, equality, and to help the average person in their everyday lives, to fight for the Atlasian and our freedoms.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 09:38:54 PM »

Since there are no objections, Poirot's elected Chair and I'm elected Vice Chair and Whip.

I wish all elections were easy like that!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »

Since there was no objection to the broad statement, can we consider it as adopted.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2020, 11:23:00 PM »

I propose that this become the next logo.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2020, 04:23:49 PM »

Just a question about the color. I think the party used to be associated with a dark blue. Now with more than one party blue, some put us with a lighter blue. I'm wondering if we are going with a new kind of blue.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2020, 04:26:14 PM »

Members running for office are automatically endorsed by the party.

Ishan for Lincoln council
Poirot for Lincoln Senate

There is still time to have more.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2020, 04:30:49 PM »

Section 4. Primaries
a. In the event of multiple party members declaring their candidacy for an office that does not elect multiple people, there shall be a primary election. The voting method in the primaries shall be first past the post. The winner shall receive the automatic endorsement of the party for that office.

I don't have a problem with more than one member running for the same office. It's probably not common for Atlasian parties but I don't want to stop people from running and it helps to have competitive races. It doesn't mean we can't discuss and plan candidacies. Do we keep the primary rule ?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2020, 09:04:55 AM »

The logo I proposed is the official logo of the Liberal Party

Section 4. Primaries

I don't have a problem with more than one member running for the same office. It's probably not common for Atlasian parties but I don't want to stop people from running and it helps to have competitive races. It doesn't mean we can't discuss and plan candidacies. Do we keep the primary rule ?
I think we should keep the primary rule.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies