AAPIData: Biden +24 among Asian voters (n = 1527, 14% Undecided) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:04:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  AAPIData: Biden +24 among Asian voters (n = 1527, 14% Undecided) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AAPIData: Biden +24 among Asian voters (n = 1527, 14% Undecided)  (Read 5949 times)
SInNYC

« on: July 12, 2021, 09:53:42 AM »

It looks like Koreans shifted heavily from 2016 - they must have liked the Kim Jong-Un talks and/or believed that the talks actually accomplished something.

Those who fled Communism (Vietnam, Cambodia) also shifted. Probably they didnt consider Biden militaristic enough, unlike Hillary. I suspect Hmong would also have fallen into this group.

The choice of Harris doesn't seem to have helped much (or any) with Indians, especially considering Trump's attempts to link with the Modi types.

I also find it odd that they didnt separate out Japanese in 2020 even though they are a fairly large group. Presumably they fall into other Asian, with a good mix of multi Asian.
SInNYC

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 11:26:36 AM »

It looks like Koreans shifted heavily from 2016 - they must have liked the Kim Jong-Un talks and/or believed that the talks actually accomplished something.

My spidey senses tell me it wasn’t cause of Kim Jong-un. Honestly I think the KorAm electorate is a better demographic fit for the GOP coalition than some folks want to admit. For example, Trump allegedly won GA Koreans while losing GA Indians, Chinese, and Viets.

Its true that Koreans can be conservative, especially among Christians. But the issue here is that they had a 55 point swing from 2016, and I dont think you can explain that without something specific to the issues, whether Kim or something else.

Those who fled Communism (Vietnam, Cambodia) also shifted. Probably they didnt consider Biden militaristic enough, unlike Hillary. I suspect Hmong would also have fallen into this group.

Also true for Chinese. I think a huge (if not most important) part of the R swings among non-Chinese groups was due to 45’s anti-China rhetoric.

Although we officially dont allow economic immigrants, most mainland Chinese seem to immigrate for economic reasons (jobs, higher education for those not at the very top of their class) and really couldnt care less about communism or capitalism. ...as opposed to Vietnamese who really did flee Communism, whether because they worked with South Vietnam/USA or they no longer had their mini-fiefdoms to rule over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies