AAPIData: Biden +24 among Asian voters (n = 1527, 14% Undecided) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:16:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  AAPIData: Biden +24 among Asian voters (n = 1527, 14% Undecided) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AAPIData: Biden +24 among Asian voters (n = 1527, 14% Undecided)  (Read 6000 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« on: September 15, 2020, 09:30:25 PM »

I would imagine that most of the undecideds will end up voting for Biden. According to AALDEF (which is more reliable than mainstream exit polls because they conduct interviews in various Asian languages), Hillary got 79% of the Asian vote.

Also, according to AALDEF, Asian voters overwhelmingly voted for Democratic candidates in the 2018 midterms (in the 75-81% range). Joe Biden will receive about the same level of support.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 03:28:57 PM »

That AALDEF exit poll has Biden winning 100% of the Pakistani and Arab vote in Michigan. I know that Biden won the overwhelming majority of the vote among Pakistani-Americans and Arab-Americans but there's now way that Biden got 100% lol. I can understand 90% but not 100%.

I think that there might either be a sampling error or they entered the numbers wrong lol. Regardless, it does go to show that exit polls (especially this year) are not the best way to measure support for certain candidates and they should be taken with a grain of salt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies