Opinion of J.K. Rowling (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:28:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of J.K. Rowling (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of J.K. Rowling?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: Opinion of J.K. Rowling  (Read 5595 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: September 16, 2020, 12:37:04 AM »

I don't agree with her anti-trans crap, but FF for standing up to the mob.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 03:36:55 PM »

My views are my views. You deal with it. When Trump wins again, maybe he'll do something about it. See, I really don't care about it one way or another beyond about sticking it to people like you, that's about it. Really, at this point, my political views boil down to anything that upsets or causes a Communist pain or sadness is a good thing; The enemy of my enemy is my friend, basically. I watch the fireworks and eat my proverbial popcorn as the tears roll.

Higgins, mate, really suggest you try calling the Samaritans or something right about now. Engaging in these kinds of sinister threats against people on the internet isn't a good sign. Maybe just talking to someone willing to open an ear might put you on the right sort of path to getting the help you need.

Not sinister or a threat, more a statement of callous disregard at this point. At this point it's become a form of entertainment, like WWE, all fake. When election night happens, whoever wins, I'll enjoy the ensuing chaos. Maybe I'd care more if I wasn't told nonstop since approximately 2014 that I am a bad person simply for existing by the same side that preaches tolerance, love and peace for everyone else. You dig?

Higgins, you always have the option to adopt your views on the basis of your own conscience, rather than what other people are saying. That is my suggestion for everyone, in fact. It will ultimately allow you to be more independent and happier.

Believe it or not, not all of us who preach tolerance, love and peace think you are a bad person simply for existing. We may think you are a bad person based on your actions-- the content of your character. Or a good person. But if you use the words of a select minority of agitators to dictate your politics, it does not allow you to escape responsibility. If everyone does that, it is a race to the bottom, a race that can only be won by evil. The real distinction today is between those who engage in the race and those who do not.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 07:42:33 PM »

The Ferguson97 "New Racist" Perspective:

These racist anti-White screeds by Salon are completely correct. White people are literally killing us (I'm White so I'm killing myself). There is nothing wrong with viciously hateful headlines imposing collective guilt on an entire group of people who are entirely innocent in themselves solely on the basis of race and gender.

The Higgins "New Racist" Perspective:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Some people are anti-White racist, so it doesn't matter if Trans people are shown by evidence to have legitimate issues. There is nothing wrong with viciously hateful treatment of Trans people who are entirely innocent in themselves simply because a group of people I don't like sticks up for them. Like my opponents I impose collective guilt.

The Common Sense Perspective that Everyone Used to Agree On When I Was a Young Man, and That I Somehow Still Hold:

Everyone is an individual and should be judged based on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Racism is bad. As far as Trans issues, these should be resolved based on the weight of the scientific evidence as a matter of dispassionate debate and discussion in a free society.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies