Opinion of J.K. Rowling (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:34:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of J.K. Rowling (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of J.K. Rowling?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: Opinion of J.K. Rowling  (Read 5566 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: September 16, 2020, 12:32:48 AM »

All transphobes are HP
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »

My views are my views. You deal with it. When Trump wins again, maybe he'll do something about it. See, I really don't care about it one way or another beyond about sticking it to people like you, that's about it. Really, at this point, my political views boil down to anything that upsets or causes a Communist pain or sadness is a good thing; The enemy of my enemy is my friend, basically. I watch the fireworks and eat my proverbial popcorn as the tears roll.

Higgins, mate, really suggest you try calling the Samaritans or something right about now. Engaging in these kinds of sinister threats against people on the internet isn't a good sign. Maybe just talking to someone willing to open an ear might put you on the right sort of path to getting the help you need.

Not sinister or a threat, more a statement of callous disregard at this point. At this point it's become a form of entertainment, like WWE, all fake. When election night happens, whoever wins, I'll enjoy the ensuing chaos. Maybe I'd care more if I wasn't told nonstop since approximately 2014 that I am a bad person simply for existing by the same side that preaches tolerance, love and peace for everyone else. You dig?

Don't cut yourself on that edge.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 04:26:05 PM »

My views are my views. You deal with it. When Trump wins again, maybe he'll do something about it. See, I really don't care about it one way or another beyond about sticking it to people like you, that's about it. Really, at this point, my political views boil down to anything that upsets or causes a Communist pain or sadness is a good thing; The enemy of my enemy is my friend, basically. I watch the fireworks and eat my proverbial popcorn as the tears roll.

Higgins, mate, really suggest you try calling the Samaritans or something right about now. Engaging in these kinds of sinister threats against people on the internet isn't a good sign. Maybe just talking to someone willing to open an ear might put you on the right sort of path to getting the help you need.

Not sinister or a threat, more a statement of callous disregard at this point. At this point it's become a form of entertainment, like WWE, all fake. When election night happens, whoever wins, I'll enjoy the ensuing chaos. Maybe I'd care more if I wasn't told nonstop since approximately 2014 that I am a bad person simply for existing by the same side that preaches tolerance, love and peace for everyone else. You dig?

You’re not a bad person for existing, you’re a bad person because of the hate you have in your heart and the way you treat other people.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 04:33:44 PM »

Also, a lot of people telling on themselves calling her a FF.

You can either be a trans ally or think she's a good person. Not both.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 05:06:24 PM »

Also, a lot of people telling on themselves calling her a FF.

You can either be a trans ally or think she's a good person. Not both.

Did you just unironically say "a trans ally"

Yes?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 06:59:33 PM »

I'm a straight white, nominally Christian American male. In your worldview, I am what's wrong with the world. I am responsible for every travesty that has befallen mankind. In the eyes of people like yourself, I have a "blood guilt" on my hands because of the actions undertaken by dead people who truly had hate (or more often, greed) in their hearts and who actually mistreated people, and I should not only "recognize" and "understand" this guilt 24/7, but live with and work into every aspect of my life.

Viewed through the lens of people like yourself, I should look at the entire history of my race, or even of all individual ethnic groups within that race, and see nothing but evil. I should hold no pride in anything, or else, somehow, I am a supremacist who would support slavery and things of that nature. I am personally responsible, as straight white male, for Jim Crow.

This point has been hammered home, or attempted to be hammered home, for many years now. The fact that it hasn't taken and that I do not feel guilt for things I am not guilty of, is your problem with me.

The co-founder of the Toronto chapter of the Black Lives Matter protest movement has come under scrutiny in recent days for an old Facebook post that declared white people were genetically inferior to their black peers.

“Whiteness is not humxness,” wrote Yusra Khogali, in a now-deleted post (using gender-neutral alternative spelling). “In fact, white skin is sub-humxn. All phenotypes exist within the black family and white [people] are a genetic defect of blackness.”

Stop with this victim complex.

Nobody considers you individually responsible for the ills of the world. As a member of an extremely privileged group, you benefit from these advantages.

All that's really being asked to simply acknowledge the massive advantage that you have for factors mostly out of your control, and to what you can to help lift others up and reduce this privilege gap.

Is that really so hard?

And one person's crazy Facebook post doesn't mean anything, so I don't know why you brought it up.

As for that Salon headline compilation that you have for some reason, most of those headlines are 100% correct, while some are admittedly inflammatory to grab attention.

Nobody hates you for existing (it would be strange for me to do that, considering I'm a straight white guy too), and I think you know that, so stop playing the victim.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies