Opinion of J.K. Rowling (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:28:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of J.K. Rowling (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of J.K. Rowling?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: Opinion of J.K. Rowling  (Read 5585 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: September 15, 2020, 05:38:00 PM »

FF. It's heartbreaking when a person who has unwittingly enabled left-identitarianism suddenly realizes the damage they've done, but at least she's making efforts to undo that.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 09:41:26 PM »

I'm a fan of Harry Potter, but...politically I'd now support schools banning Harry Potter books because Rowling is a TERF.

What a dumb thing to say.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »

I will never understand this thinking. If a person was of the sincere belief that they were the reincarnation of so and so, and ought to be treated such and such, would we indulge them, or medicate them? If someone went around saying they fully in their heart believed they were not a human, but an animal, and behaved as an animal would, would they end up in therapy or not? Trans people are not "imposters", but they are mentally unwell all the same. It is an abberation of the brain for there to be such a disconnect between mind and body in the same way that there is an abberation of the brain in Autistic child - and we use therapy to treat those with Autism and make life easier for them. It doesn't mean Trans people should be mistreated, but it also doesn't mean their delusions should be indulged, either. If Jack feesls he is Jane, let him or her, but why should the public foot the bill for his transition? Why does he or she deserve a parade for cutting their penis off, you know?

You are basically implying that trans persons need a conversion therapy, similar to those therapies aimed at curing homosexualism and bisexualism. Should a trans conversion therapy include electroshock or not? Which medication would be the more appropriate to treat that disease?

The typical English curriculum includes Dante Alighieri? Lol

(which would be less strange than it including J. K. Rowling by the way)

Dante is like Shakespeare and Cervantes. He is not only an Italian medieval author, but a heritage of humanity

That's not what he said. For example, I have every right to put a Ferrari logo on my 1998 Ford Taurus and tell people that I drive a $250,000 supercar, but I don't have the right to scream at them when they point out that the prancing horse badge is affixed with duct tape. Pointing out obvious truths should never be taboo.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 02:39:35 PM »

My views are my views. You deal with it. When Trump wins again, maybe he'll do something about it. See, I really don't care about it one way or another beyond about sticking it to people like you, that's about it. Really, at this point, my political views boil down to anything that upsets or causes a Communist pain or sadness is a good thing; The enemy of my enemy is my friend, basically. I watch the fireworks and eat my proverbial popcorn as the tears roll.

Ah, yes. I believe it was Socrates who invented the "You're all just brainwashed cucks" method of argumentation.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 02:59:35 PM »

HP. Rick Riordan has always been better.

This is the most offensive post in this thread.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 04:35:02 PM »

Also, a lot of people telling on themselves calling her a FF.

You can either be a trans ally or think she's a good person. Not both.

I fight for the trans axis, not the trans allies.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 02:06:57 PM »

If you support JK Rowling, you're on the same side as the person who made this. And do you really want that?

Better that than being on the side of the person who created Assigned Male.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 01:06:43 AM »

If he has a Y chromosome, he's a man. If she doesn't, she's a woman. Gender is a nonsensical social construct.
Really? So someone born with female genitalia, a female hormonal system, is a man if they* has a Y chromosome? A person could be a “man” their* whole life under this definition and not know it.

*I use a singular they because the term of gender is in dispute, hence why I also use it alongside a singular verb; also applies to singular adjective their with a singular noun, life.

You're talking about a statistical outlier that has literally no bearing on this issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies