51 days left, 51 EV prizes, A Bagel Analysis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:16:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  51 days left, 51 EV prizes, A Bagel Analysis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: 51 days left, 51 EV prizes, A Bagel Analysis  (Read 12318 times)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 10:47:37 PM »

I'm going to be rather interested in the swing state prihections. Especially ones like Florida, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc...
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2020, 05:12:41 AM »

I'm going to be rather interested in the swing state prihections. Especially ones like Florida, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc...

ill give u little previews Wink. As of now im planning on mapping around +4 biden in mn +2 biden in wi, +1 Trump in fl
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2020, 06:54:21 AM »

Please forgive my god awful spelling of predictions. I was at a bar and in my phone while typing that, and probably at least somewhat tipsy. I'm honestly amazed that was the only misspell
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2020, 07:42:11 AM »

It is questionable whether Colorado is even a swing state this cycle, Biden will win it almost without a doubt. He should also see a decent improvement in the whole swath of heavily populated area not only in the Denver Metro area, but surrounding population zones ie. Weld, larimer, etc. Trump may improve a smidge in the rurals, if anything just on third party right wing votes being less this year. Despite this, following the western state trend, Colorado should probably cast more third party ballots than the national average again. The ski resort counties may swing a little bit towards Biden, but nothing crazy. There were not too many hard calls in the state, and should also provide a nice senate gain for democrats this year as well.

A bit of a late reply, but I think Douglas County is a very likely flip. It's basically Loudoun copy-pasted into Colorado.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2020, 05:18:34 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2020, 07:57:27 PM by Co-Chair Bagel23 »

Connecticut is unlikely to move massively in either direction, although it should be expected that Biden swing it back a little bit margin wise from 2016. Fairfield county is the largest and only growing county in the state, and its near inevitable left swing this time should be considered the centerpiece of the reason why the state will be a bit better for Biden than Hillary. Trump can possibly continue to mildly improve in some areas, most notably Litchfield and Windham counties, but the former of which is substantially bigger, is bleeding population at among the highest rates in the state. Trump may also continue to mildly gain in the mill towns surrounding new haven, but they are also hemorrhaging population as well. The only shade changes from 2016 are Tolland and Hartford counties, which may not mean a large improvement for Biden, as Hillary was so close to 50 and 60 respectively, and it is likely that less third party vote this year manages to at the very least nudge Biden right into those new shadings.

+13.64 Clinton to +15.72 Biden (2.08 margin swing dem)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2020, 05:20:09 PM »

It is questionable whether Colorado is even a swing state this cycle, Biden will win it almost without a doubt. He should also see a decent improvement in the whole swath of heavily populated area not only in the Denver Metro area, but surrounding population zones ie. Weld, larimer, etc. Trump may improve a smidge in the rurals, if anything just on third party right wing votes being less this year. Despite this, following the western state trend, Colorado should probably cast more third party ballots than the national average again. The ski resort counties may swing a little bit towards Biden, but nothing crazy. There were not too many hard calls in the state, and should also provide a nice senate gain for democrats this year as well.

A bit of a late reply, but I think Douglas County is a very likely flip. It's basically Loudoun copy-pasted into Colorado.

Maybe years later on down the line, but even Polis lost it by well over 15 points as he was winning by well over 10 points statewide.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2020, 02:07:16 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2020, 07:58:46 PM by Co-Chair Bagel23 »

There has been some talk of Delaware moving to the right, and that can be debated back and forth, however that must be tossed aside this election for reasons I do not even need to state. Biden will see a substantial swing across the state and manage to flip back Kent county with ease. Pretty much every part of the state will move towards him from 2016, especially when aided by running with a strong ticket up and down the ballot in the state (and a crazy qanon opponent for senate), democrats are set to outperform usual numbers in the state in 2020.

+11.37 Clinton to +19.92 Biden (8.55 margin swing dem)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2020, 02:55:04 AM »

Dee Cee should be so obvious that all that anyone can say  that might be of some slight dispute is the magnitude of the overwhelming margin. As I say when predicting how the District of Columbia will vote, "Don't be stupid".
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2020, 06:24:14 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2020, 07:59:53 PM by Co-Chair Bagel23 »

Florida, you are a disappointing heartbreaker, and I refuse to let you do that to me again with that level of magnitude, so I am indeed giving you to Trump again. Miami Dade county will be better for Trump than last time, and much of the panhandle should continue its slow and depressing march to the right. Can we please just give Matt Gaetz's congressional district to Alabama and call it a day? Regardless, Biden should be able to modestly improve in much of the rest of the state, specifically in red leaning counties that are not as blood red as the panhandle. I however would not be surprised if Biden wins the state, and I am really hoping that this map is wrong come election time.

+1.20 Trump to +0.19 Trump (1.01 margin swing dem)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2020, 07:03:27 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2020, 08:00:56 PM by Co-Chair Bagel23 »

Georgia will be a close but hard state as always, and Biden does still have a chance of winning it. However, undecideds in the south tend to break republican, and it is still a lean R state that has been an incredibly tough nut, so with that, I will give it to Trump again. Despite this, the gap should continue to close even further, and this is a prime target for now and especially the future. Biden will continue the substantial gains in the Atlanta metro area as well as a few smaller others ie. Augusta, Savannah, Athens, etc. however, Trump should see moderate movement in his direction in almost all other parts of the state, probably enough to keep it in his column. I really want to place emphasis on the high likelyhood that Biden will romp in the Atlanta area, and likely carry GA 6th and 7th, and they should vote democrat for congress as well. Not to sound too deranged, but the Georgia GOP will do everything they possibly can to keep a grip on the state, and a flip will not be a walk in the park.

+5.09 Trump to +2.52 Trump (2.57 margin swing dem)
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2020, 11:46:54 PM »

Florida, you are a disappointing heartbreaker, and I refuse to let you do that to me again with that level of magnitude, so I am indeed giving you to Trump again. Miami Dade county will be better for Trump than last time, and much of the panhandle should continue its slow and depressing march to the right. Can we please just give Matt Gaetz's congressional district to Alabama and call it a day? Regardless, Biden should be able to modestly improve in much of the rest of the state, specifically in red leaning counties that are not as blood red as the panhandle. I however would not be surprised if Biden wins the state, and I am really hoping that this map is wrong come election time.

Florida gives me the biggest brainfart in my predictions. Literally the last 3 times I changed my prediction, all I did was flip Florida, and I still can't make up my mind about who's winning it.

This could really turn into another Bush vs Gore scenario, and I always thought North Carolina was gonna be the closest state in the election.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2020, 11:50:37 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2020, 11:55:21 PM by Alben Barkley »

Strongly disagree about Florida (especially) and Georgia.

I thought we had gotten past the "Florida is Titanium Tilt R that will definitely vote for Trump by 0.000127%" stage?

And is this really gonna end with the boring 2016+AZ+MI+PA+WI map people have been predicting for four years? Despite the fact that polls now show it's more likely Biden wins more swing states than that? I mean statistically, it's practically guaranteed at this point that he'll win at least one more if he wins all that. Probably Florida, and at least one of GA/NC/TX/IA/OH I think. Very well could win all of them depending on how big he wins nationally.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2020, 12:24:11 AM »

Strongly disagree about Florida (especially) and Georgia.

I thought we had gotten past the "Florida is Titanium Tilt R that will definitely vote for Trump by 0.000127%" stage?

And is this really gonna end with the boring 2016+AZ+MI+PA+WI map people have been predicting for four years? Despite the fact that polls now show it's more likely Biden wins more swing states than that? I mean statistically, it's practically guaranteed at this point that he'll win at least one more if he wins all that. Probably Florida, and at least one of GA/NC/TX/IA/OH I think. Very well could win all of them depending on how big he wins nationally.

No we have not. I want to see Florida break it before I move it again, either that or a large polling lead. Yes, that is the plan.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2020, 07:22:20 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2020, 08:02:29 PM by Co-Chair Bagel23 »

Biden is poised to win Hawaii and its 4 electoral votes this November. He should also improve a little from Hillary due to the large third party share that will be narrowed this time, but still higher than the national average. There really isn't much else to say about this race other than Biden getting to sport around a lei as the winner of the Aloha state.

+32.52 Clinton to +34.36 Biden (1.84 margin swing dem)

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2020, 06:36:13 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2020, 08:04:00 PM by Co-Chair Bagel23 »

Idaho is also one of the harder states for me to guess. Biden may improve just a smidge on Hillary's loss margin due to the national environment, state trend, as well as him being a good fit for Idaho while Trump is not, but there was just so much third party right wing vote in 2016 that will be less this year, and a lot of it is bound to go to Trump, so that kind of should mute things out a lot. Trump should improve quite a bit in the southeastern rurals due to this, though Biden will probably improve a bit in the Boise area to hold fairly even.

+31.77 Trump to +30.78 Trump (0.99 margin swing dem)
UncleSam

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2020, 06:48:47 PM »

Any chance you could add the 2016 margin to these daily analyses? Would help a bit.

Thanks for doing this!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2020, 07:43:34 PM »

Any chance you could add the 2016 margin to these daily analyses? Would help a bit.

Thanks for doing this!

Yeah, I'll do that for ya Smiley, np
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2020, 07:50:19 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2020, 07:57:11 PM by Monstro »

Texas will be a close but hard state as always, and Biden does still have a chance of winning it. However, undecideds in the south tend to break republican, and it is still a lean R state that has been an incredibly tough nut, so with that, I will give it to Trump again. Despite this, the gap should continue to close even further, and this is a prime target for now and especially the future. Biden will continue the substantial gains in the Dallas metro area as well as a few smaller others ie. Austin, San Antonio, etc. however, Trump should see moderate movement in his direction in almost all other parts of the state, probably enough to keep it in his column. I really want to place emphasis on the high likelyhood that Biden will romp in the Dallas area, and likely carry TX 24th, and it should vote democrat for congress as well. Not to sound too deranged, but the Texas GOP will do everything they possibly can to keep a grip on the state, and a flip will not be a walk in the park.

Did the Texas analysis for ya Wink
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2020, 07:55:13 PM »

Texas will be a close but hard state as always, and Biden does still have a chance of winning it. However, undecideds in the south tend to break republican, and it is still a lean R state that has been an incredibly tough nut, so with that, I will give it to Trump again. Despite this, the gap should continue to close even further, and this is a prime target for now and especially the future. Biden will continue the substantial gains in the Dallas metro area as well as a few smaller others ie. Austin San Antonio, etc. however, Trump should see moderate movement in his direction in almost all other parts of the state, probably enough to keep it in his column. I really want to place emphasis on the high likelyhood that Biden will romp in the Dallas area, and likely carry TX 24th, and they should vote democrat for congress as well. Not to sound too deranged, but the Texas GOP will do everything they possibly can to keep a grip on the state, and a flip will not be a walk in the park.

Did the Texas analysis for ya Wink

Haha thanks, and usually you would be right, but considering it is my home state, I'm going to go a little more all out on it
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2020, 06:47:07 PM »

IL should be a fairly boring state really. It is losing population and will be losing electoral votes next time too. Biden will see modest improvements in the chicagoland suburbs, and also in places like McLean county, where he is a good fit for and Trump is meh. Trump should improve in most of the rest of the state though that is not blue leaning already. The topline should be really stagnant, as it barely budged from 2012 to 2016, though as talked about already, there will be further polarization.

+17.07 Clinton to +17.31 Biden (0.24 margin swing dem)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2020, 06:56:04 PM »

IL should be a fairly boring state really. It is losing population and will be losing electoral votes next time too. Biden will see modest improvements in the chicagoland suburbs, and also in places like McLean county, where he is a good fit for and Trump is meh. Trump should improve in most of the rest of the state though that is not blue leaning already. The topline should be really stagnant, as it barely budged from 2012 to 2016, though as talked about already, there will be further polarization.

I am surprised that a mega city like Chicago is losing people. It should be a Midwestern hub drawing in young people from rural areas in the Midwest and downstate IL.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2020, 07:08:19 PM »

I am surprised that a mega city like Chicago is losing people. It should be a Midwestern hub drawing in young people from rural areas in the Midwest and downstate IL.

It's just a rule of math that once an area gets so big the growth eventually slows down and even starts going negative. You just cannot maintain massive growth forever. That's why America's megacities of NY, LA, Chicago are not even growing that much anymore, and countries like China are starting to stall out.

Same thing goes for working out and building muscle too haha. Limits just exist.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2020, 07:21:38 PM »

I think a lot of young people are turned off by the cold and high-crime reputation. I loved going to school in the city, and a lot of my friends have stayed on, but I can see why young people from other places might be apprehensive and opt for somewhere like Austin.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2020, 09:02:14 PM »

Hi Bagel---

Just saw this thread and popped in to take a peak...

1.) Really like what you're doing here man.... clearly a massive investment of labor hours and work on this project.

2.) Also Gotta say---  As a poster when you first jointed Atlas / TE you caught a lotta flack from tons of folks for various reasons, but this is clearly an *effort thread*, and shows how regular Atlas posters gradually evolve over several years of posting history, even though many of us when we first joined the Forum might have been a bit too keen to establish "street cred" early on as part of establishing our own "brand"....

3.) Haven't had a chance to more fully peruse your extensive posts in detail on this thread, but I like the format and visuals in terms of how you present your analysis /data, and will likely be replying here and there.

4.) Overall the concept reminds me a bit of those "X-Mas" calendar things from when I was a kid, where we would open up one box at a time on a day as part of the "countdown"...

Awesome concept--- fun as well for all of us Atlas Geeks!

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2020, 12:13:43 AM »

Hi Bagel---

Just saw this thread and popped in to take a peak...

1.) Really like what you're doing here man.... clearly a massive investment of labor hours and work on this project.

2.) Also Gotta say---  As a poster when you first jointed Atlas / TE you caught a lotta flack from tons of folks for various reasons, but this is clearly an *effort thread*, and shows how regular Atlas posters gradually evolve over several years of posting history, even though many of us when we first joined the Forum might have been a bit too keen to establish "street cred" early on as part of establishing our own "brand"....

3.) Haven't had a chance to more fully peruse your extensive posts in detail on this thread, but I like the format and visuals in terms of how you present your analysis /data, and will likely be replying here and there.

4.) Overall the concept reminds me a bit of those "X-Mas" calendar things from when I was a kid, where we would open up one box at a time on a day as part of the "countdown"...

Awesome concept--- fun as well for all of us Atlas Geeks!

Thanks, lol, nice, yes that is actually where I got the concept from lmao.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies