2021 Seattle mayoral thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:07:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2021 Seattle mayoral thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2021 Seattle mayoral thread  (Read 855 times)
Seattle
United States

« on: September 16, 2020, 04:24:15 PM »

I'm sorry - Durkan has approximately a 0% chance of making it. She's triangulated herself.
Her support in the business establishment is gone. She has been extremely feckless and ineffective in almost everything she's done and that's something any opponent will easily be able to portray her as. The left hates her, the center-left has better candidates, and the center-right is ready for someone else.

One of Gonzalez or Mosqueda will run (they have a pretty close working relationship, I do not see both of them running) and win. I'd lean toward Mosqueda being the one if Gonzalez's eyes are still at the state level. She will be looking for a Biden victory > Inslee cabinet > Ferguson to Gov > open AG slot. Regardless of who of the two goes for it in 2021, I feel very confident in saying Mosqueda will make her way to the mayor's office in the next 10 years.

I would be pretty surprised if Sawant tried to run for mayor. I don't think she'd get anywhere.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies