St Charles, Illinois
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:54:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  St Charles, Illinois
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: St Charles, Illinois  (Read 658 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2020, 01:57:51 PM »

Hey there, has St Charles ever voted Democratic? Or has this city always voted Republican?
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 02:27:30 PM »

St. Charles Township narrowly voted for Trump and McCain (despite the latter losing statewide by 25%). Given how Republican the Collar counties were prior to 2008 it seems unlikely that a Democratic presidential candidate carried it for at least the past century. If you take away the precincts in St. Charles Township from Wayne and South Elgin, the results are virtually the same (McCain won by the skin of his teeth and Trump by a little more than a percent). If your definition of "St. Charles" includes parts of the once unincorporated Campton Township, then its election results would be even more Republican and the answer would undoubtedly be no.

Despite the city's closeness in recent presidential elections, there is a sharp divide between the modestly Democratic downtown core and the more Republican affluent residential areas in the north and east. Given the ongoing Democratic trend in suburban areas both in Illinois and around the country, it wouldn't surprise me if Biden ends up becoming the first Democratic presidential candidate to win it this year.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 09:59:02 PM »

Does anyone know how St. Charles voted this year?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 10:29:54 PM »

Biden def won.  Kane swung Dem and I'm sure Aurora/Elgin were static based off national trends, so it probably came from a big swing in St Charles/Geneva/Batavia.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies