York vs. Lancaster Counties, SC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:57:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  York vs. Lancaster Counties, SC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: York vs. Lancaster Counties, SC  (Read 498 times)
walleye26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2020, 07:55:33 AM »

Both of these are exurbs of Charlotte and growing fast. Are there any major differences between the two? I know York is much larger, but both still voted by Trump by 20+ points. Are these going to trend in one way or the other this November like other suburbs might, or are these going to stay deep red?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 08:17:24 PM »

My parents live in Indian Land (northern tip of the Panhandle of Lancaster).  As a general rule I would say York and the Panhandle of Lancaster are more tied closer to Charlotte while the deeper you go into Lancaster is more exurban/ rural and less connected  (the bulk of the growth in Lancaster is in the Indian Land area)

Overall I think both will trend marginally Democratic, but not enough to make them anything other than solidly Republican.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 10:43:51 PM »

Lancaster in particularly is not heavily built up yet. I'd imagine it will continue to mushroom out, as it's location in Charlotte's favored quarter makes it fairly attractive. If anything that might mean it'll get more R.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies