ME-Citizen Data: Gideon +8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:51:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  ME-Citizen Data: Gideon +8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-Citizen Data: Gideon +8  (Read 2133 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« on: September 14, 2020, 01:33:18 PM »
« edited: September 14, 2020, 01:39:27 PM by Alben Barkley »

Collins' only hope is to either go full-on MAGA or full-on Never Trumper (lol), because being a fake moderate certainly isn't cutting it anymore.

I think she’s damned no matter what she does. Going full on MAGA isn’t really viable in a state like Maine; Trump is not going to win the state, and if she does that there won’t be enough Biden/Collins voters for her to win. But there are enough Trump voters in the state that going full on Never Trumper isn’t viable either; then for every Biden voter she picks up, she likely loses several Republican Trump voters. Oh, and neither side would fully trust her if she pivoted hard in one direction or the other at this point. So all she really can do is continue this ridiculous tightrope walk act, trying desperately to pretend there’s still any viable way to run as a “moderate Republican” anymore if your name isn’t Mitt Romney or Charlie Baker. And they can only do it because of the unique positions their states are in. Collins doesn’t have the luxury of running in a state full of Republicans who don’t really like Trump (Utah) or Democrats who are happy to vote for a RINO (Massachusetts). Or independents who are happy to split tickets, as Maine once was. Her state is as polarized as any now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies