ME-Citizen Data: Gideon +8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:05:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  ME-Citizen Data: Gideon +8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-Citizen Data: Gideon +8  (Read 2096 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« on: September 11, 2020, 07:31:09 PM »

Yeah, the AARP Gideon +1 poll seemed like an outlier considering everything else we've seen has at least been like Gideon +4
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 07:46:10 PM »

But that one poster in the ME Sen thread is saying that Gideon blew it !!!! /s
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 08:50:24 AM »

But that one poster in the ME Sen thread is saying that Gideon blew it !!!! /s

A) Stop with the dramatics, it is very unbecoming. I said Gideon's debate prep team needs to do a better job, which they do. Gideon came across flat and her jabs at Collins did not land. She rarely went after Collins on policy and when she did, she was talking about an amicus brief. The average Joe at the diner (the people I encounter on a daily basis here) don't know what the hell that is. Collins was speaking in plain terms for the average person to understand and spoke of her record and endorsements from first responders. Thus, I thought she was more effective in the debate and came across more prepared (mind you, I do not support her).

B) This poll was not taken after the debate, it was taken before. Not saying that the debate will largely change things, but your pointing to a poll taken before a debate to prove that a candidate didn't perform badly in a debate is... a choice.

C) I asked you in the other thread but you did not respond, where are you from? Maine? What is the feeling on the ground where you are?

D) Do not come for me about anything Maine related. You can look at my history on here. While some people online were falling for Lucas St. Clair for environmental and self-funding reasons in the ME-02 primary in 2018, I continued to advocate for Jared Golden as the person who could flip the seat. And guess what? He did (and was the first person in a long time to knock off an incumbent in that seat). Also in 2018 during the governor's primary, I stated that Janet Mills would be a strong primary choice given her ME-02 roots and her work as a district attorney. She won. Not to mention, I mapped out the competitive state Senate districts- of which I had my finger on the pulse of those as well.

E) Do I believe Gideon can win? Yes. But she does not have the ideal profile for a statewide race so she needs to work harder for it. Instead of mocking the people who actually live in Maine and have witnessed for years what works here and what does not, perhaps be open-minded and receptive to what they have to say. 

My problem is that you weren't providing an objective review of the debate. You seem to be going out of your to way to find things that Gideon did bad, while at the same time only saying what Collins did right. So according to you, Gideon didn't do anything good, and Collins didn't do anything bad, which given the coverage, Collins was way more dinged for not answering about Trump than anything Gideon had to say about Roberts.

I'm not trying to down you as a Mainer and your perspective, but you seem to be a little biased here and not offering an objective review. Listening to you, it sounds like Gideon was a total flop and this was Collins best debate ever. Neither are true.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies