Labor Party Winter 2024 Convention: Scranton PA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:49:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Winter 2024 Convention: Scranton PA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Labor Party Winter 2024 Convention: Scranton PA  (Read 2080 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2024, 05:07:15 PM »

Hereby endorsing both Pyro and Nerd for their current positions.
Proposing the next convention be in Plano.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2024, 07:31:04 PM »

I also endorse the retention of the party chair and vice-chair.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2024, 04:09:20 PM »

Leadership & Host City Elections Now Open

The window for leadership and host city nominations is now closed, and we will now commence a period of voting. Myself and Nerd have declared for our positions of Party Chair and Vice Chair, respectively. The position of General Secretary is presently vacant and shall be open for write-in proposals. If it remains vacant, the duties will fall to the Party Chair. The voting period shall last 72 hours, and is open to all delegates.

Delegates, please fill out the ballot below with your preferences.

Chair

[  ] PyroTheFox of New York
[  ] Write-in: ___________

Vice Chair

[  ] Nerd73 of New York

General Secretary

Next Convention Host City

[  ] Plano, Texas

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2024, 05:05:01 AM »

Pyro
Nerd
Pyro
Plano
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2024, 08:32:12 PM »

Chair

[ X ] PyroTheFox of New York
[  ] Write-in: ___________

Vice Chair

[ X ] Nerd73 of New York

General Secretary

Next Convention Host City

[ X ] Plano, Texas

nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2024, 08:33:40 PM »

Chair: Pyro
Vice Chair: nerd73
General Secretary: Abstain
Next Convention Host City: Plano, Texas

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2024, 06:11:05 PM »

Leadership Election Results
& Senate Vacancy Nominations

With the allotted time expired, the votes shall be certified and counted. All votes cast by a delegate to this convention have been accepted.

PyroTheFox is elected Chair & General Secretary.

Nerd73 is elected Vice Chair.

Plato, TX, will be the site of the next convention.

With the re-election of the party leadership now confirmed, we will proceed to one final item for our agenda. As TimTurner was elected to the presidency as well as Congress, this party is entrusted with the responsibility to fill the newly-created Senate vacancy. As party chair, it is my duty to appoint a replacement to the Senate. However, following precedent with the December vacancy and to reiterate my commitment to open democracy, I shall allow the delegates of this convention to choose the nominee.

Therefore, the floor is now open for nominations for the Senate vacancy.

This shall follow a similar procedure to that of candidate endorsements (Bylaws, VI). Delegates to this convention and members of the Labor Party will appear on the ballot upon their declaration of interest. Non-party candidates may also declare interest, however they must have a Laborite second the nomination in order to be placed on the ballot. Following 72 hours, the nomination period shall end, and voting will commence.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2024, 09:34:44 PM »

Running for Senate.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2024, 11:40:50 PM »

I second YE for our Senate nominee.
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2024, 11:46:57 PM »

Thirding YE.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2024, 03:29:54 AM »

Fourthed!
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2024, 04:44:36 AM »

Fifthed
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2024, 10:45:42 AM »

With the allotted time expired, the votes shall be certified and counted. All votes cast by a delegate to this convention have been accepted.

With the re-election of the party leadership now confirmed, we will proceed to one final item for our agenda. As TimTurner was elected to the presidency as well as Congress, this party is entrusted with the responsibility to fill the newly-created Senate vacancy. As party chair, it is my duty to appoint a replacement to the Senate. However, following precedent with the December vacancy and to reiterate my commitment to open democracy, I shall allow the delegates of this convention to choose the nominee.

This shall follow a similar procedure to that of candidate endorsements (Bylaws, VI). Delegates to this convention and members of the Labor Party will appear on the ballot upon their declaration of interest. Non-party candidates may also declare interest, however they must have a Laborite second the nomination in order to be placed on the ballot. Following 72 hours, the nomination period shall end, and voting will commence.

I would be honoured to be considered by the Labor convention's delegates for their party's appointment to the Senate seat being vacated by incoming president Tim Turner. It would be a privilege for me to serve in the Senate for the first time.

I think appointing me to the Senate would be a good reflection of the will of the voters in the federal election earlier this month, as I only lost the seat to Tim by three-thousandths of a vote.

I share points of commonality with each of Atlasia's main parties, but I think my overall worldview aligns fairly closely with Labor's on a number of key issues facing our country today. However, I would like to be upfront with the fact that, if appointed, I will not change my legislating style to more closely match Labor's political philosophy. If I am fortunate enough to receive this convention's blessing for the seat, I intend to serve exactly as I would if I had been elected to it—by always staying true to whatever I judge to be in the best interests of the constituents I represent. I campaigned on a promise to be an independent voice in the Senate, and I will never compromise on my core values regardless of the outcome of this vote.

I also will not lobby for the appointment, as I am opposed to interfering with another party's internal business.

Once again, thank you to all the delegates considering me for this position. I know I could never live up to Tim's legacy of historic accomplishments on behalf of the people of Atlasia, but I would nonetheless commit myself to filling the shoes he has left behind, one step at a time.
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2024, 04:49:06 PM »

I would be honoured to be considered by the Labor convention's delegates for their party's appointment to the Senate seat being vacated by incoming president Tim Turner. It would be a privilege for me to serve in the Senate for the first time.

I think appointing me to the Senate would be a good reflection of the will of the voters in the federal election earlier this month, as I only lost the seat to Tim by three-thousandths of a vote.

I share points of commonality with each of Atlasia's main parties, but I think my overall worldview aligns fairly closely with Labor's on a number of key issues facing our country today. However, I would like to be upfront with the fact that, if appointed, I will not change my legislating style to more closely match Labor's political philosophy. If I am fortunate enough to receive this convention's blessing for the seat, I intend to serve exactly as I would if I had been elected to it—by always staying true to whatever I judge to be in the best interests of the constituents I represent. I campaigned on a promise to be an independent voice in the Senate, and I will never compromise on my core values regardless of the outcome of this vote.

I also will not lobby for the appointment, as I am opposed to interfering with another party's internal business.

Once again, thank you to all the delegates considering me for this position. I know I could never live up to Tim's legacy of historic accomplishments on behalf of the people of Atlasia, but I would nonetheless commit myself to filling the shoes he has left behind, one step at a time.

Why do you keep deleting your post and reposting it?
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2024, 08:10:41 PM »

Why do you keep deleting your post and reposting it?

Sorry about that! I was receiving a lot of conflicting advice last night. Tongue
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2024, 12:49:42 AM »

This is just sad at this point
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2024, 01:45:26 AM »

This is just sad at this point

What do you mean?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2024, 08:24:56 PM »

Senate Vacancy Results & Closing Address

As per the conditions referenced in the preceding bulletin, the candidate nomination period is now closed. I thank my fellow delegates for their expressions of support in the nominating process, too bid welcome our most recent visitors. HL23/Cherry Mandarin is likewise recognized and commended for their enthused statement of interest; I wish them well in their Atlasian career. However, as no member of Labor has seconded their statement, Former President YE is the only eligible candidate for the Senate vacancy. As such, we shall skip the uncontested race and proceed right to the appointment.

YE is appointed to the Senate Vacancy.

I wish a heartfelt congratulations to YE on their ascension to Congress. I am looking forward to our work together in the Senate.

Now, alas, it is time that we close the doors to these joyous halls in the Electric City (Can you believe we made it to the end without a reference to The Office?). This has been a splendid experience, and you have my sincerest gratitude once more for putting your faith in me as Chairman of this great and historic party. We shall reconvene once it is time for our Summer Convention in Plato.

This convention is now adjourned. Long live the Labor Party!

cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2024, 12:47:19 AM »

Senate Vacancy Results & Closing Address

As per the conditions referenced in the preceding bulletin, the candidate nomination period is now closed. I thank my fellow delegates for their expressions of support in the nominating process, too bid welcome our most recent visitors. HL23/Cherry Mandarin is likewise recognized and commended for their enthused statement of interest; I wish them well in their Atlasian career. However, as no member of Labor has seconded their statement, Former President YE is the only eligible candidate for the Senate vacancy. As such, we shall skip the uncontested race and proceed right to the appointment.

YE is appointed to the Senate Vacancy.

I wish a heartfelt congratulations to YE on their ascension to Congress. I am looking forward to our work together in the Senate.

Now, alas, it is time that we close the doors to these joyous halls in the Electric City (Can you believe we made it to the end without a reference to The Office?). This has been a splendid experience, and you have my sincerest gratitude once more for putting your faith in me as Chairman of this great and historic party. We shall reconvene once it is time for our Summer Convention in Plato.

This convention is now adjourned. Long live the Labor Party!

Congratulations to YE! I’m sure you’ll do a great job in the Senate. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies