Office of Siren (Retiring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:57:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Siren (Retiring)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Siren (Retiring)  (Read 1414 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2020, 12:00:26 AM »
« edited: April 20, 2021, 03:15:09 PM by Anna Komnene »

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Hello Fremont! Welcome to my new office in Coeur d'Alene, the city with a heart in northwest Idaho. I'd like to thank First Minister Harry Truman for appointing me to Parliament. It's an honor to serve you all in Denver. It has been a whirlwind few days in Atlasia, and I think everyone is a little bit exhausted. I can't say I was expecting to be serving in office so soon, but I think that sometimes the unexpected things can be the most fulfilling.

If you elect me to fill the remainder of the term, I pledge to be a rock of stability during my time in office, to work together with everyone in parliament to enact common sense policies, and to advocate for those of us who are down on their luck. Fremonters should never have to rely on lady luck, but instead enjoy a free and just society with the opportunity to pursue their dreams. My office is always open to your ideas and concerns if you have any. I've always enjoyed sponsoring citizen legislation in congress, and I will always be open to it in parliament too. I serve you after all.

That's all for now. I hope to introduce some legislation in the coming days and am excited to get to work. As Diana Prince says, only love can save the world. Let's live up to that ideal together.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 12:04:51 AM »

Welcome to Denver, and best of luck on your campaign!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 12:43:27 AM »

Endorsed!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 12:51:37 AM »

Endorsed! Congrats on the appointment and good luck.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 01:58:19 AM »

I don't normally endorse people running in regions outside my own. I know I will actually have make an expectation in this case. All the best with your campaign Siren!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 08:35:33 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2020, 09:02:37 AM by KoopaDaQuick »

Welcome to the legislature! I'm on my political vacation in Pine Bluff, but I will still say that I have faith that you will serve my birthregion well! Good luck in Denver, Siren!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 11:46:12 PM »

Endorsed, obviously. Siren has been a superb public servant in every office she's been in and I highly look forward to working her these next few months. Smile

Let's keep B&B in that second Parliament seat!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 03:31:01 AM »

The election is underway everyone!

Since I was appointed, I've been working hard on legislation with my fellow MPs. I was happy to recently pass OBD's bill to respond to our regional wildfire crisis. I've also recently proposed legislation to protect the privacy of sexual assault and stalking victims to make sure they never have to fear their attacker when they register to vote or participate in public programs. If you elect me, I will continue to ensure good and just governance for all Fremonters, always be open to your ideas for legislation, and advocate for those of us who need it the most.

Thanks for all of your support.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 07:52:18 AM »

Congratulations for having totally curbstomped me in the by-election!

All the best.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 01:06:15 PM »

Thanks to everyone who came out to vote in the election and for putting your trust in me to serve in parliament. Looking forward to serving you for the next couple months.

All the best to you too Battista. It takes a lot of courage to run for the first time in a head to head race. I hope you don't get discouraged by the result. I've had my share of big losses and big wins. You never know what might happen when you keep trying!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 02:09:59 AM »

I'm happy to announce that Frémont's covid-19 vaccine rollout was passed and signed into law by the First Minister today. In combination with federal efforts, this will streamline distribution of the vaccine in our region to ensure a safe and orderly rollout for all Frémonters.

Although much progress has been made combatting against the pandemic, I know many are still struggling with a second wave, especially in California and my former home state of Nevada. My heart goes out to all of you and all that you do to persevere. While a vaccine cannot erase that suffering, it will be a huge step in the right direction, providing much needed relief and protection for all of us. As more vaccines become available, eventually everyone will be able to get one. And I encourage everyone to do so. Until then, continue staying safe and looking out for your neighbors. We will get through this together my friends.

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2021, 08:22:37 PM »

All the best to you too Battista. It takes a lot of courage to run for the first time in a head to head race. I hope you don't get discouraged by the result. I've had my share of big losses and big wins. You never know what might happen when you keep trying!

Cheesy

Four months later, I know what has happened, and I can only say that it's been a pleasure to work with you during this 18th Parliament, Madam Speaker!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2021, 01:04:50 AM »

Hello there Frémonters! I'm running for re-election to Frémont Parliament. Thanks to contributions from everyone in parliament, we've accomplished some amazing things together the last term. Freeing up billions of dollars in the budget allowed us to respond to the pandemic. Vaccines are rolling out, we're pioneering sustainable agriculture, we're connecting more people with public transit, more efficiently than ever before, and much more.

Still, there's more to do. Lots of disadvantaged people, who have known struggle for years, now feel like their dreams are further away than ever before. Local businesses are struggling to make ends meet in an increasingly challenging environment, decimated by multinationals and online shopping. To top it all off, more and more people are disillusioned with what I can only describe as politicians being jerks.

The last one is easy enough from my perspective. Don't be a jerk! But there is no one magic bullet to solve most of these problems. I promise to always listen and consider the perspective of the helpless. Who are the people who need help the most, who are we forgetting, and how can we do it or fix it? There's no place I'd rather be than in Denver, working together with new and old friends alike, to answer those questions and build a world where dreams are realized. With your help, we can do it together.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 02:02:11 AM »

Endorsed, Madam Speaker! Keep carrying on that B&B legacy!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2021, 11:12:06 PM »

Endorsed again!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 12:51:26 AM »

Endorsed, from the 15th Speaker of the Parliament to the 16th! Keep doing the good work here in Frémont Smiley!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 03:19:19 PM »

Thanks Scott, Sev, and OBD for the endorsements and nice words and to all the lovely people who recommended my campaign post. You are all glorious! Thank you!

I also want to give a big shout out to all the wonderful new/new-ish candidates running for parliament like Battista Minola, Amanda Huggenkiss, FDB, and Lakigigar. Having so many promising candidates like them means our region has a bright future. I hope everyone will consider casting your votes for them this weekend.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 03:21:27 PM »

Endorsed!!!
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 03:22:46 PM »

Endorsed!
Dac10
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 08:38:19 PM »

Endorsed!
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2021, 08:47:18 PM »

endorsed
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2021, 11:01:42 PM »

Endorsed!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 04:12:22 PM »

Hi everyone. After thinking it over the past few weeks I decided I'm going to retire at the end of my term in May. It just feels like it's time for me to pass the torch to the next person. It's been fun representing frémonters and leading parliament as Speaker for the past 7+ months. We came up with some pretty interesting and innovative legislation together and hopefully provided a good atmosphere for debate and learning the ropes for new players.

I'm really glad I got to serve the region that jumpstarted my national career all those years ago in this different role. Sometimes the regional governments are kind of overlooked, but that can also be a blessing in disguise. It can be pretty rewarding if you give it a chance. Thanks for everything. Glory, glory, blessed Frémont!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 10:02:16 PM »

Thank you for your service! We'll miss you.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 10:07:31 PM »

Thanks Siren, great tenure as MP and Speaker!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies