Reuters/Ipsos: Peters +6 in MI, Cunningham +4 in NC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:51:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Reuters/Ipsos: Peters +6 in MI, Cunningham +4 in NC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reuters/Ipsos: Peters +6 in MI, Cunningham +4 in NC  (Read 284 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2020, 02:16:07 PM »

MI
Peters 49%
James 43%

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2020-09/topline_reuters_michigan_state_poll_w1_09_22_2020.pdf

NC
Cunningham 48%
Tillis 44%

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2020-09/topline_reuters_north_carolina_state_poll_w1_09_22_2020.pdf
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 02:19:19 PM »

Very interesting. Continuing to keep my eye on the senate race in Michigan. James has money and is on the air and has an active campaign. Peters is not really "entrenched" in Michigan, and is less charismatic and certainly less telegenic than James. Still lean D given the national environment and the fundamentals of Michigan, but only lean imo.
Tiger08
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 02:58:56 PM »

If James and Trump were to hypothetically come from behind in MI and win (which will probably not happen), would their paths to victory be any different? I know Toomey overperformed Trump in SE PA and underperformed Trump in rural PA in '16 and both won. Would that be the case in MI?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 03:17:53 PM »

Very interesting. Continuing to keep my eye on the senate race in Michigan. James has money and is on the air and has an active campaign. Peters is not really "entrenched" in Michigan, and is less charismatic and certainly less telegenic than James. Still lean D given the national environment and the fundamentals of Michigan, but only lean imo.

Peters has money and is on the air and has an active campaign too. I don't understand the framing here.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 03:32:26 PM »

September 11-16

MI
637 likely voters
MoE for likely voters: 4.4%

Some other candidate 1%
Would not vote 0%
Not sure/prefer not to answer 6%

NC
586 likely voters
MoE for likely voters: 4.6%

Some other candidate 2%
Would not vote 1%
Not sure/prefer not to answer 6%
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 03:55:24 PM »

Peters has money and is on the air and has an active campaign too. I don't understand the framing here.

Oh absolutely. I'm just saying James, though an underdog, has some things going for him in a way that, say, the candidates in NH and MN don't.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 03:57:35 PM »

Lights out for Tillis.
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 04:00:05 PM »

If James and Trump were to hypothetically come from behind in MI and win (which will probably not happen), would their paths to victory be any different? I know Toomey overperformed Trump in SE PA and underperformed Trump in rural PA in '16 and both won. Would that be the case in MI?

Probably something similar. Upscale suburbanites in Oakland County or Grosse Pointe who are still sort of split but increasingly favoring Dems and feel comfortable voting for the mainstream Biden could support James.

I'm less familiar with the rural parts of the state, but I could imagine low information Trump voters (not an insult) supporting Trump while not having much of an opinion on the Senate race supporting the incumbent.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 05:47:04 PM »

I can't adequately put into words how badly I want Collins and Cunningham to win so dems can expand SCOTUS by 4 seats. Greenfield, Harris, Bullock, Osoff and Warnock as well, but Collins and Cunningham get us to 50 is my point.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies