Labor Party Convention Fall 2020 - Portland, Maine (voting on convention site) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:23:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Convention Fall 2020 - Portland, Maine (voting on convention site) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Convention Fall 2020 - Portland, Maine (voting on convention site)  (Read 5988 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: September 09, 2020, 04:39:23 PM »

Ishan for Chair Speech

I will turn Labor into a LaRouchite Party with Natural Lawite characteristics and I will rename the party to the Pericles Party because he hasn't gotten any consequences for what he did.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 05:43:20 PM »

Ishan for Chair Speech

I will turn Labor into a LaRouchite Party with Natural Lawite characteristics and I will rename the party to the Pericles Party because he hasn't gotten any consequences for what he did.

Bro that was mad funny. Thanks for posting that.
I posted that because Labor doesn't get any consequences for what they do. So I'm running for chair even if I am not part of Labor and doing whatever because nobody would care if I won.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 05:59:05 PM »

Ishan for Chair Speech

Don't feel the troll.
Good to see that FalterinArc felt me
I expected nothing and I got something, also you should write in me for chair.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 06:08:53 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2020, 12:26:00 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Ishan for Chair Speech

Don't feel the troll.
Good to see that FalterinArc felt me
I expected nothing and I got something, also you should write in me for chair.

I did this because I was bored and to make a point that Pericles hasn't gotten any consequences for what he did.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 03:56:05 PM »

I know you all have some "peaceful" demonstrations in mind but it is a really wrong idea to ban tear gaz. Like you know, when the nazi were demonstrating in Virginia, tear gaz would have been quite useful!

So much for wanting to prosecute George W Bush and other people for war crimes when a influential member is willing to be a war criminal.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 09:31:49 AM »

I know you all have some "peaceful" demonstrations in mind but it is a really wrong idea to ban tear gaz. Like you know, when the nazi were demonstrating in Virginia, tear gaz would have been quite useful!

The idea of reserving tear gas, something banned under international law as a war crime, only for one's political opponents seems like an incredibly slippery slope.
How would you stop a KKK riot that could lynch blacks then?
We didn't use tear gas in the LA Riots in 1992, why should we do it today?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 12:30:28 PM »

The idea of reserving tear gas, something banned under international law as a war crime, only for one's political opponents seems like an incredibly slippery slope.

Well, first of all, if there is such a significant insurrection that the KKK (or any group) is showing up en masse with the legitimate ability to "lynch blacks" then a state of emergency would be declared and the national guard would be brought in--they're not going to try to disperse those people, they're going to try to arrest those people. That is no longer a law enforcement issue, it's a national security issue.

Second of all, the job of our intelligence community is to (allegedly) monitor events such as the one you're describing and stop them before they even get there--so many of these people would be arrested for inciting terrorism before such an event would even take place.

Third of all, if international law dictates that it is a war crime to use tear gas on foreign enemy combatants, no matter the circumstance, then we should not allow an exception for domestic terrorism either--no matter how heinous and vile their ideology may be. Because when the tide inevitably turns and fascists come to power, they will use it against people who believe that, yknow, it's BAD to "lynch blacks."

We didn't use tear gas in the LA Riots in 1992, why should we do it today?

And then this is me who is a "war criminal". You are giving up on the state's duty to maintain peace.
A state's duty to maintain peace could mean genocide or death or ending of human rights.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 04:28:56 PM »

I'll run for Chair.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 05:57:42 PM »

I ran for Chair of Labor/Feds/DA and forgot to for the Peace Party and I'm not doing it for the Liberals.

You should run for something, General Secretary Dwarven Dragon sounds good.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 07:10:32 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2020, 12:16:33 PM by Councilor Ishan »

The best ticket to me:
Chair: Tedbessel
Vice chair: OBD
General Secretary: Sev
MB is running for Vice Chair and OBD is running for General Secretary...

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 08:49:07 PM »

Ballot

Chair
[] TedBessell
[X] Write In: Ishan