Liberal Party NPC Elections September 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:59:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal Party NPC Elections September 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Liberal Party NPC Elections September 2020  (Read 1338 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 09:43:10 AM »

I'm in Harlem in New York. Social housing is a way to provide affordable housing to low income earners and housing is a basic human need. However it is not enough to have housing projects and not take care of them afterwards. You don't let people live in buildings with problems, like mold or pest. We will monitor living conditions in social housing projects, evaluate the building infrastructure and fix problems. It can be renovate part of the building, the plumbing, isolation, ventilation, and then do a better job at keeping them at good living standards. There needs to be better upkeep of buildings and we will do it. It's not  because your rent is low that you have to live in a bad environment.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 09:15:34 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2020, 09:52:01 PM by Poirot »

I'm at Pennsylvania station in New York City. I'm here with top legislative candidates and candidate for Governor. If elected they will push for the project of high speed train from New York to Montreal. The train trip takes around 10 hours 30 minutes now and it takes 7 hours by car. If we want drivers to leave their cars it must be for an advantage. It needs to take less time. Let's speed it up.

The investment needed is about for half of the distance. There is a small part over the Canadian border that canadians will pay for. We will need the help of the federal government to coordinate the project with another country. The part from New York to Albany is already under construction if it's not completed. The LincolnRail Act of 2017, signed by Governor Mike Wels, builds a high speed rail system with a route from New York, to Albany and then Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo and then out of state. So the missing link that needs to be build is the part from Albany to the border and have it be a compatible system of trains. Since it's mainly a New York project we will ask for a proportion of  state made content and we will get jobs from it and the biggest economic benefits. One beneficiary could be the rail car manufacturing plant in Plattsburgh. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 09:34:52 PM »

During the night a new sign shows up all across New York state. It's put on commercial advertising places like the side of buses, along highways etc. and also on busy street intersections. It is meant to attract curiosity and make people speculate on what it is, get people to notice and talking.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2020, 06:15:26 PM »

I have arrived in Charlotte Amalie in St Thomas in the Virgin Islands. oh, it's warm and people are relaxed here. This is my first time in the Virgin islands. It's a forgotten place in Lincoln (and I didn't even know it was part of Lincoln). Looking at the census statistics there are not many people living in this state, it's underpopulated. It's true that is not an easy place to move to coming from mainland Atlasia. Do you have to ship your belongings and furniture by boat or by plane. It's an obstacle. To help people of Atlasia moving to this state and help population growth, if elected we will pay half of the moving costs (with a reasonable maximum of course) for new residents coming to live in the state. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2020, 07:58:19 PM »

I'm still on the Virgin Islands. This name can be confusing since there are also the British Virgin Islands. Maybe it,s time for a unique, distinct name to help define the state, a name not shared with another territory. Also I almost had an accident. It seems people drive on the left here. That can be dangerous with the many tourists visiting.

To give the choice to the people, we are proposing to organize a referendum with two questions. The first is to drive on the right or left side. The second is about a name change with a choice of status quo. There will be a citizens commission group formed before to evaluate name suggestions and select the best choices which will be submitted to the public.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2020, 04:41:59 PM »

On the island of Saint Croix, Virgin Islands, in Frederiksted. I am presenting the campaign logo for the Virgin Islands.

It's pure. Almost all white because it's virginal, only the name of the party in small character. An alternative explanation is the white is for whte sand beaches and the colour is for turquoise water.

The official song is Like a virgin by Madonna.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkSxhG4cbPo
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2020, 08:09:21 PM »

I'm in Christiansted, St Croix in Virgin Islands. Many people rely on the tourism industry for their livelihood. We will develop tourism and going forward we want to propose this vision. We don't want tourism to be high rise buildings on the beach and tourist stay there. That is not what Virgin islands needs. We want more eco and social tourism. Tourism should try its best to be respectful of the environment, on land and sea. Tourism activity should benefit the local people and its culture. We will promote our history and traditions so visitors have an enriching experience, not just sun and sea. So we will favor more contact with the local people and activities and businesses offered by locals. This will help fight poverty. We will showcase the local biodiversity, culture and crafts. It's important to preserve our heritage and our environment. Our state will become an even more interesting travel destination.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2020, 10:45:42 AM »

I'm in Cruz Bay, Saint John in the Virgin islands.
We will help establish an annual boat race between the three main islands of the state. It should be a sailboat race, it's better for the environment. Race experts will decide if the race is three stages between the islands or one race with buoy located near the coasts so people can see the boats pass by.  It will be an event that will bring visitors and it unites the three main islands.

Vote for us, vote for sustainable development.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2020, 09:55:20 PM »

I'm in Greenwood in Mississippi. The state played a great role in blues music. Many children like music so we would like for all children to be able to learn music in school. It's not always offered so we will give funding to certify teachers in music and for schools to buy instruments (this is in the future when students will be able to use the same instruments after the pandemic). Schools sometimes leave out the artistic side of personal development to focus more on academic. Different people have different interests and gifts and we hope to contribute to the development of musicians and maybe even musical career.

The official logo has a music them. It's blue for the party color and for blues music. There are many letters s, i and p. They can be seen as dancing letters with different shades of blue but it's also because I never know how many are in the state name and I ordered many and they are the leftovers.

The official song is Mississippi Rolling Stone by Nanette Workman because she comes from Mississippi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xdS5B9R1no
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2020, 03:27:55 PM »

I'm in Harmony in North Carolina. I am in this state to talk about the need to build a more reliable infratsructure for the transmission of electricity. I know some people every time there is a big storm have long power outages. That is not acceptable. If a household is out of electricity for too many hours they will lose the food in the fridge and freezer, and workers working from home or who have a home business could lose income. Even politicians can be unable to do their job. It has happen and must not happen again. We will fix this long standing problem.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2020, 08:16:00 PM »

While in Raleigh in North Carolina, I made the presentation of the state campaign banner. It tries to use the state flag colors. In the upper right corner, a compass to accentuate it is North Carolina and not the other Carolina.

The official song is Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQCDeO31gUs
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2020, 10:20:32 PM »

In Jacksonville. North Carolina near the Marine Corps Camp Lejeune. This is a place where we will have a special sign.

Following on an ad in last month's campaign, we this sign is based on a Marine ad. Liberals are few in numbers. Liberals are proud and have courage to defend their party and face parties much bigger. We fight for the greater good. This sign is to attract military votes of all branches, National Guard, veterans, their families and communities. Signs will be up in locations with military bases and institutions in all states, like in North carolina also near Fort Bragg, West Point Academy in NY, camp Shelby in Mississippi to name a few.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2020, 07:53:37 PM »

On September 14, a sign with veto braille written on it appeared all across New York state. After the speculation on who put this and what does it mean, the goal was to get people's attention. Now it is time for the second phase and change the sign so in the morning people will see a sign vote liberal and realize veto braille was an anagram.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2020, 09:38:09 PM »

I'm in Massena in northern New York state.

Are you hungry? Back in the days I tried to have an official campaign food in my personal campaigns. For New York we have official foods. It's the Michigan hot dog.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_hot_dog
And to offer more than one choice on the menu (you know, some have allergies or just personal taste), it is also the bagel, maybe more for New York City.

We are close to the border. Most people crossing the border use the custom checkpoint and follow the law. The Akwasasne reserve is on both sides of the border so things and people transiting there are more difficult to control. It is a territory that can be used for contraband. Drugs, guns, cigarettes, people can change country illegally on land or by water. To check that the law is respected and followed the state will put more police patrol in the area. Since the border is a federal issue we will also ask the federal government to also increase border and custom surveillance. Let's have a secure state.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2020, 08:51:39 PM »

I'm in Rome, New York. When in Rome do as the Romans do. To achive that you need to know Romans to adapt. We will offer financial support to welcoming committees all across the state.

Welcoming committees are composed mainly of volunteers to welcome and integrate people moving in the town of the welcoming committee. New residents in the area can be a bit lost and it helps to know people. Volunteers in a local welcoming committee can show the place to new resident, they can organize social activities for residents to make new friends, give referrals, maybe help with problems, talk about the history of the place, or just be there for people feeling isolated who need to build a social circle. Most of this is volunteer work. The state will support financially the organization of the welcoming committee network and some money for basic office keeping like a phone line, a small room to gather. Welcoming new people in the community strenghten our communities. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2020, 05:04:58 PM »

I'm in New City in New York, the Empire state.

This is the campaign banner for New York. It borrows some Star Wars with The Empire State Strikes Back. After covid, New York is ready to bounce back and the best way to do that is by electing the Liberal Party. The dog is a sausage dog and it goes with the idea of the official camapign food.

The Official song is Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ydMlTassYc

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2020, 09:37:52 PM »

I'm in Rochester in New York. The working world has changed and more people have small businesses or are self-employed. We are offering grants to groups that want to set up non-profit community spaces for working. It will offer an alternative working environment for self starters, small professional services businesses and entrepreneurs.

Coworking community spaces offer flexibility in work space and reduced fixed costs. It breaks the loneliness of working from home for example, and gives the opportunity to connect with other people and network professionally. It can help projects of entrepreneurs grow.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2020, 08:55:07 AM »

This morning I'm at the International Peace Garden in North Dakota, along the Manitoba border. I planned to be here yesterday for the International Day of Peace but I had a schedule problem. Anyway peace should not be celebrated only one day a year. Life is better in a world where peace exixts. We want to develop a culture of peace and share the ideals of peace within and among all nations and peoples.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2020, 07:57:30 PM »

I'm in Syracuse in New York and I announce a plan to create a fund for Black entrepreneurs. It will offer loans to Black business owners to help the growth of theses businesses. We will also create an online platform to index and promote Black owned businesses.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2020, 11:57:06 AM »

I'm in Buffalo in New York. Sahlen Field needs some upgrade to be at the standards of Major League Baseball. The city could host some major league games in case some teams need to find a place to play during the pandemic, like if the situation in New York City is very bad and a team prefers to play elsewhere. It could also be for exhibition games or it will be good for local minor league baseball as well. We will help with getting new lighting, for evening games and for having a standard for television. We will favor DEL lights so it's better for the environment. 
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2020, 12:11:24 PM »

I'm in Morgantown, West Virginia. I want to talk about accountability, today. The reason why is because if you vote for a Liberal candidate, you vote for someone accountable for your community and for you. If you vote for a Liberal candidate, you vote for someone that doesn't have a higher force because the Liberal Party is a small party. If you want your state representative or Senator to be accountable, vote for the Liberal Party!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2020, 05:33:21 PM »

I'm in Elmira in New York, in front of the animal shelter. The different shelters, SPCA and humane society do amazing work to help animals, all across the state. They have different missions like adoption of pets, rescuing animals, taking care of them, neutered pets, give some vetenary care. All these organizations do fantastic work to improve the lives of injured or lonely animals. That is why we will give a basic funding to these organizations, to help them in their mission. Pets don't vote but it's not a reason to not take care of them.

As you probably have seen our first ad in this campaign was being underdogs. Images of dogs were seen on most of our campaign banners. Here is the list od dogs on banners:

Los Angeles: chihuahua
West Virginia: doberman
Massachusetts: poodle
Idaho: St Bernard
Iowa: irish setter
Kansas: golden retriever
North Dakota: wire fox terrier
Mississippi: bulldog
North Carolina: spotted pointer hunting dog
New York: dachsund   

Meeting ends with music playing, Who let the dogs out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sLR0vgpeWI
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2020, 09:49:07 PM »

I'm in Cortland in New York. I was speaking with some voters and when they learned it was my birthday, they said they would vote for Liberal candidates in a few days. What a birthday gift! I encourage everyone who wants to give a terrific birthday present to do like these people and vote Liberal in this election. It is possible to have your cake and eat it too.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2020, 10:44:57 AM »

I'm at the Statue of Liberty in New York City. I'm at the top and shout liberty while raising my arm to imitate the statue's posture.

Fifteen minutes later I am at the base. I explain that many parties, like the regional parties, don't really compete in the elections and support other parties. That decreases competition. It is better to vote for the Liberal Party because it has the liberty to support policies or parties when we feel it is better for the citizens. We are not a shell party. We have the liberty of action and freedom of thought. Vote for the Liberal candidates!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2020, 03:30:16 PM »

I'm in the historic district in Hudson in New York. This area has a special charm because it is well preserved. We are committed to support preservation efforts. We want to protect old buildings and historic locations from being demolished to build a modern building. We must protect our architecture and history. We will look at giving a historic value designation to more buildings so the original aspect needs to be kept and not just change or renovate the building in a free for all. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies