WI - Pulse Opinion Research/Rasmussen Reports: Biden +8%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:21:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  WI - Pulse Opinion Research/Rasmussen Reports: Biden +8%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WI - Pulse Opinion Research/Rasmussen Reports: Biden +8%  (Read 2520 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2020, 09:03:16 AM »

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/wisconsin_biden_51_trump_43

September 1-2, 2020
1000 likely voters
MoE: 3%

Changes with the last Pulse Opinion Research/Rasmussen reports poll taken from August 5 to August 6, although that was an (R) poll of sorts as it was released by the American Greatness PAC.

Biden 51% (-4%)
Trump 43% (n/c)
Some other candidate 3% (+2% from Other with 1%)
Undecided 2% (+1%)
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 09:10:38 AM »

Getting some herding in WI right now, with Biden consistently at 50+ and about 6-8 point lead.

If Trump is really "triaging" Arizona, I wonder how long before he triages Wisconsin.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 09:17:20 AM »

"The gang erases Pennsylvania, again":

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 09:23:04 AM »

Finally, the RNC bump
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 09:26:38 AM »

Getting some herding in WI right now, with Biden consistently at 50+ and about 6-8 point lead.

If Trump is really "triaging" Arizona, I wonder how long before he triages Wisconsin.

Is there really a path to victory for him if both of these are gone? Unlikely he wins PA or MI without WI.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 09:26:39 AM »

Makes me wonder if Rasmussen is just making up numbers.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 09:29:45 AM »

Is there really a path to victory for him if both of these are gone? Unlikely he wins PA or MI without WI.

I don't expect it to be too clear until mid-to-late September, but PA seems significantly more winnable for Trump than MI, MN or WI at the moment and there are arguably more important short-term political differences between it and the other three than there are between any two of those three states.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 09:33:27 AM »

Trump might think he can flip Minnesota... but if he's lost Wisconsin then I doubt it.

Best case scenario is a 269-269 tie if he's really triaging WI/MI/AZ.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 10:37:32 AM »

He won’t because his whole strategy at this point is based on assuming white people in Wisconsin and Minnesota are all racist and thus will vote for him, the “law and order” candidate, because of the riots in those states, even if they won’t admit it to pollsters.

There are obviously several flaws in these assumptions, but seems to me that’s what they’re doing.
neostassenite31
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 10:53:08 AM »

He won’t because his whole strategy at this point is based on assuming white people in Wisconsin and Minnesota are all racist and thus will vote for him, the “law and order” candidate, because of the riots in those states, even if they won’t admit it to pollsters.

There are obviously several flaws in these assumptions, but seems to me that’s what they’re doing.

He doesn't seem to have a whole lot of options otherwise and he has less than 60 days left
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 10:55:44 AM »

He doesn't seem to have a whole lot of options otherwise and he has less than 60 days left

The incumbent has several significant advantages in attempting to change the state of a race if only they're prepared to consider changing their governance.
n1240

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 12:34:30 PM »

Rasmussen is terrible regardless of what results they show and I really do question whether they're actually polling or just using a random number generator to spout out results at this point. Asking about governor Tom Wolf twice now in Wisconsin is highly suspect, along with Trump doing abnormally well among minority voters consistently in their polling and this poll making no sense relative to their national polling, where they currently show Trump with 51% approval.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 12:40:49 PM »

Makes me wonder if Rasmussen is just making up numbers.

Looks like they made up the great state of Wisconsylvania.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 12:45:01 PM »

The polling evidence all along has indicated that there's a significant chance Trump wins PA without WI, despite the conventional wisdom early on.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 02:12:16 PM »

The polling evidence all along has indicated that there's a significant chance Trump wins PA without WI, despite the conventional wisdom early on.
Yeah it seems Trumps investments into PA have been working as it has gone from the second most republican state to the most republican state
If I was in Trumps campaign id put in all my efforts on holding WI PA NC and FL and I would also be spending in IA OH TX and GA and not taking those states for granted the only Clinton states I would have any investment in would be MN and ME (mainly for ME-2) but biden shouldn't take ME for granted it has the right demographics to swing toward Trump in my opinion theirs a good chance it votes to the right of MN. MI and AZ are essentially gone for Trump and its looking like WI could get to that category soon if Trump doesn't make a major play for the state
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 03:24:28 PM »

I think you hit the nail on the head.
That is exactly the trump campaign's thinking for WI and MN.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 03:28:58 PM »

The reason why WI flipped during Walker's tenure, wasn't because of racism, it was because of the Doyle scandals and Walker reformed schools to a Charter system, I lived in IL, I know; consequently, since schools, especially, Colleges, are going online, there is no need for Charter schools any longer.  Advantage, back to Evers and the Unions and the Dems
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 03:35:39 PM »

Sweet. Wisconsin looks all but locked up. Will the Biden team shift some resources to Georgia or Texas now?

*Awaits Biden announcement about increasing spending in Minnesota & Virginia*
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2020, 03:48:53 PM »

I just don't trust Rasmussen, regardless of whether I like or dislike the numbers.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 04:37:12 PM »

Sweet. Wisconsin looks all but locked up. Will the Biden team shift some resources to Georgia or Texas now?

*Awaits Biden announcement about increasing spending in Minnesota & Virginia*

Trump's gonna start getting pissed when he loses Minnesota and Virginia thinking he could get those.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 04:44:34 PM »

Trump has already triaged the Rust Belt Rack and the 278 friewall.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2020, 05:12:24 PM »

Trump has already triaged the Rust Belt Rack and the 278 friewall.
When this is all over you can stay a Democrat and try to straighten them out.   Do you our anyone in your family receive an income from  any Chinese entity? We do not need you back.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2020, 06:10:05 PM »

He is basically conceding the election at that point, especially if keeps Michigan and Pennsylvania triaged too. The Keystone state, contrary to expectations, has clearly shown by now that it is still the most tried-and-true battleground of the three Kerry-Obama-Trump states, and yet Biden still maintains a fairly consistent mid to high single digit lead there too.
forza nocta

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2020, 06:23:03 PM »

Apparently they only have Biden at 69% with black voters even though they have him up 8
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2020, 06:23:24 PM »

Apparently they only have Biden at 69% with black voters even though they have him up 8

Nice
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies