NM-Research and Co: Biden +15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:57:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NM-Research and Co: Biden +15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NM-Research and Co: Biden +15  (Read 1878 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: September 06, 2020, 01:13:38 AM »

Confirmation of what we already knew, that New Mexico is Safe D. Like I said elsewhere, I think Biden will ultimately win by a margin comparable to those of Barack Obama in 2008 and Michelle Lujan-Grisham in 2018. Why the Trump campaign ever thought that they had a chance here is perplexing to me.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 06:42:18 PM »

Wow! That's actually a pretty big margin. Obviously New Mexico is safe D and was always going to swing back to how it voted in both of Obama's elections, but I was under the impression that Democrats had a ceiling of 12% or so here as states like Colorado and Virginia would surpass it as far as them voting Democratic by more. I guess not! Good news for bellwether Valencia County, hopefully.

Michelle Lujan-Grisham lost Valencia County in 2018 while winning statewide by 14%, though I think it's possible that Steve Pearce had something of a "native son" boost there, considering that most of Valencia County is located within his old congressional district (NM-02). Most other statewide Democrats, including Martin Heinrich and Hector Balderas, carried the county.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 08:52:02 AM »

Excellent news for XTS as this poll implies Trump is up by no more than 4 points in NM-02.

You are correct!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies