Why is China horrendously underrepresented in WWII discussion?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:24:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Why is China horrendously underrepresented in WWII discussion?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why is China horrendously underrepresented in WWII discussion?  (Read 1142 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »

Because very few Americans saw action in Chyna--relatively speaking--outside of a few flyboys. 

I'd say some of the coolest stories come out of China, Billy Mitchell's boys, John Birch, the Flying Tigers, and the Blacksheep Squadron.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2020, 07:52:53 PM »

Because very few Americans saw action in Chyna--relatively speaking--outside of a few flyboys.  

I'd say some of the coolest stories come out of China, Billy Mitchell's boys, John Birch, the Flying Tigers, and the Blacksheep Squadron.

Holy crap. You mean THAT John Birch?

I just googled him, and had no idea of the backstory.   To be honest, I never knew who the man was that the society was named after. 

You learn something new every day.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2020, 07:57:44 PM »

Holy crap. You mean THAT John Birch?

I just googled him, and had no idea of the backstory.   To be honest, I never knew who the man was that the society was named after. 

You learn something new every day.

Yea, it's insane to think about that the works of an American missionary have spawned that insane movement.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2020, 05:24:52 AM »

I think there are three primary reasons.

First, including the whole of the Second Sino-Japanese War in World War II means it begins before 1939.

Second, in many respects, the Second Sino-Japanese War is mainly part of the broad sweep of conflict in China that followed the 1911 Revolution rather than part of World War II. It only got tied into World War II because Japan decided to attack the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and the United States. Indeed, had Japan left alone the United States, they might well have not only succeeded in their attempt to secure the Southern Territories, but kept their conflict from being seen as part of World War II.

Third, there's not much film of the Second Sino-Japanese War.
There actually is a lot of fiction set in that period made by China as propaganda.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies