2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:33:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread  (Read 167733 times)
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« on: September 03, 2020, 03:34:54 PM »

What's interesting is there seems to be more of an urban/suburban vs rural breakdown as to the counties with the highest %, rather than Democrat vs Republican.

Wasn't this also the case in the Supreme Court race this spring?

I think so. It makes sense that people in urban areas would request a ballot with long lines and busy schedules.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 03:28:55 PM »

I mean were are seeing the same sort of enthusiasm as GA in SC among black voters.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 01:02:40 PM »

Why because they using voter suppression? Voter suppression isn't something new in GA and people here will act accordingly. Now, look at what voter suppression got the NCGOP. They lost the state Supreme court and are endangered of the Democrats sweeping all row offices and losing their majorities in both chambers.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 01:29:03 PM »

This what annoys me so much about the right-wing in this country. It is this idea that if it does not happen to me personally it doesn't exist and everybody else experience is overblown. So to my blue avatars on here if you do not have to wait in 4+ hour-long lines if you never had your ballot rejected, or if you never had your polling location changed for an undisclosed reason then good for you. But do not use your sole personal experience as a means to discredit what is clear and credible evidence of voter suppression. 
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 01:42:15 PM »

This what annoys me so much about the right-wing in this country. It is this idea that if it does not happen to me personally it doesn't exist and everybody else experience is overblown. So to my blue avatars on here if you do not have to wait in 4+ hour-long lines if you never had your ballot rejected, or if you never had your polling location changed for an undisclosed reason then good for you. But do not use your sole personal experience as a means to discredit what is clear and credible evidence of voter suppression. 
I waited for 3 hours in July to vote for Trump in a primary against nobody.  Don’t throw me into your biased perceptions.
Then I expected better from you. Voting should not be hard in a democracy.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 01:07:05 PM »

There is a sort of mystery around Texas because its' voter turnout has been so historically low that we do not what Texas electorate may look like. But given Abbott's actions, I don't think Republicans want to know.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 05:02:29 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2020, 05:14:15 PM by Michelle O' »

My sister said she receives her ballot today so we should start seeing ballots in Richland county SC come in soon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies