Midterm Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:41:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Midterm Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Which type of game do you prefer and which year?
Simulated presidential election and subsequent midterm with national PAC's, etc. and multiple districts to choose from (My original idea)

Midterm and subsequent played presidential election with national PAC's, etc. and multiple districts to choose from (NYE's idea)

Pick a single CD and have everyone run it (Del Tachi's idea, if this is picked we'll also need a vote on CD, based on the year that was picked)

2022 (simulated 2020)

Other year, please specify below

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Midterm Game Thread  (Read 5010 times)
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2020, 02:49:02 PM »

George Allen Interview on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace
Image from Wikimedia Commons

Wallace: Joining us now is Virginia Senator George Allen. Senator Allen, thank you for coming on.
Allen: Always a pleasure, Chris.
Wallace: Let’s delve right into the big issue of the day, President Bush’s nomination of Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. Some of your Republican colleagues have already come out saying they will vote in favor of President Bush’s nomination, do you share that sentiment?
Allen: We’ve got a very delicate process for Supreme Court and any presidential appointments that require Senate confirmation, and part of that process is confirmation hearings. So, I have heard concerns about Mr. Alito’s position on certain things. He is incredibly qualified, I don’t think that’s being doubted. I’m not going to be making a decision on his nomination until his confirmation hearings.
Wallace: Another pressing issue right now is the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Some have called for a complete withdrawal from both middle-east nations. In 2002, you voted for the Iraq War. Have you had a change of thought?
Allen: No, I haven’t George. From the beginning, I’ve said that I don’t want these wars to be endless wars. I don’t support a complete withdrawal. We have to have strong and bold leadership in the face of our adversaries. When the time is right, we ought to withdraw, but I do not believe that time is now. I support staying in Afghanistan for the time being, because we have to do our level best to make sure that the Taliban does not have a resurgence.
Wallace: In your successful 2000 bid for the U.S. Senate, you were endorsed by the National Rifle Association. Recently, you helped pass the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which restricts lawsuits against gun manufacturers. Can you explain your support for this?
Allen: I’m a firm believer that we should be holding the criminals responsible not the manufacturers. If you get rear-ended, you don’t sue the car manufacturer, you’d sue the driver of the car behind you. It’s the same situation here. We need to hold criminals accountable taking innocent lives and making sure that guns are in the hands of the right people.
Wallace: Do you support universal background checks?
Allen: I don’t know anybody that doesn’t support a background check for a gun. But I think the assault weapons ban shouldn’t be renewed, that takes it a step too far.
Wallace: There’s been a dispute at the Virginia Military Institute, about whether women should be allowed to learn at the institute. Who do you side with here?
Allen: I don’t like the label of a “feminist,” however I don’t see why women shouldn’t be allowed to learn there. I’ve met with several qualified and hardworking female service-members and veterans. They do a fine job and this is just unnecessary that we even have to debate on this topic.
Wallace: Let’s move to the topic of unions and right-to-work laws. Your likely opponent, Mark Warner, is against them. You’re in favor of them. Why are you right and why is Governor Warner wrong?
Allen: It’s my firm belief that the purpose of unions are to make sure that work conditions are up to the standards set by the government and to make sure everyone gets a fair chance. Unfortunately, in recent years, unions have become job killers. They march in, protect workers from termination even when they rightfully deserve termination, and those on the other side want to force workers into unions. That’s a violation of civil liberties and if I’m in the Senate, I’ll make sure it doesn’t pass.
Wallace: Let’s talk about abortion. This is another area of disagreement between you and your opponent, Governor Warner. Governor Warner wants to protect Roe v. Wade, you are against that Supreme Court decision.
Allen: I was raised to preserve life. I’ve always held the position that life begins at heart beat. When I was Governor of Virginia, I worked with the Democratic General Assembly to reach a compromise, where we required parents of minors to consent to their daughters abortion. We can reduce teen pregnancy and make sure women have health care while still preserving the right to life. I’m proud to have a 0% rating from NARAL. I think this pro-life message will resonate with Virginians and carry us to victory in November.
Wallace: One more question after this one. In 2001 and 2003, you voted in favor of the Bush tax cuts. Do you stand by that vote?
Allen: Yes I do, Chris. The bill isn’t perfect, no bill or tax cut is perfect, but these cuts were the right thing to give our hardest working Americans a break. Time and time again, I’ve heard the argument from people like Governor Warner that say that all Republicans want to do is cut taxes for rich people. And that is just nonsense. I’ve heard that talking point from the other side of the aisle over and over again. I feel like President Reagan when I say, “There you go again” and that’s what I say to the other side.
Wallace: Final question, Senator. I think you’re expecting this one, so here it comes. You’ve been on the top of the list of many Republicans as potential presidential candidates in 2008. Set the record straight, are you considering running for president in 2008?
Allen: I’m not considering a presidential run at this time. It’s far too early to even think about running. As I’ve said countless times, my focus is Virginia. The future of our commonwealth is at stake this November, and hopefully Virginians will make the right decision.
Wallace: Thank you for coming on, Senator. Come back any time.
Allen: Thanks, Chris.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2020, 03:33:12 PM »

Turn 2 (This turn will end Saturday September 26, since you have less time than normal, PM, if you need an extension, otherwise I'll probably check this around 9 PM Saturday)

September 2005 to December 2005

Updated ratings:

Senate:

Ratings Change:

VA-SEN: Safe R----->Tossup
VT-SEN: Lean D----->Tossup

House:
Arizona       1      Likely Republican
California       11      Likely Republican
California       26      Likely Republican
California       50      Likely Republican
Colorado 3     Leans Democratic
Colorado 4 Leans Republican
Colorado 7 Toss-up (TIED 42-42)
Connecticut       2 Leans Republican
Connecticut       4 Leans Republican
Connecticut       5      Likely Republican
Florida 22 Leans Republican
Georgia 3 Toss-up (DEM lead 43-42)
Georgia 12 Leans Democratic
Iowa 1 Toss-up (DEM lead 46-38)
Iowa 3 Leans Democratic
Illinois       6      Likely Republican
Illinois 8 Toss-up (REP lead 44-40)
Indiana     2       Likely Republican
Indiana 8 Toss-up (REP lead 45-43)
Indiana 9 Leans Republican
Kansas       3      Likely Democratic
Kentucky       3      Likely Republican
Louisiana 3 Toss-up (DEM lead 45-44)
Louisiana 7 Leans Republican
Minnesota 2 Leans Republican
Minnesota 6 Leans Republican
Nevada       3      Likely Republican
New Mexico 1 Leans Republican
New York       1       Likely Democratic
New York       27     Likely Democratic
New York       29     Likely Republican
North Carolina   8      Likely Republican
North Carolina   11 Leans Republican
North Dakota    AL     Likely Democratic
Ohio 2      Likely Republican
Ohio 6 Toss-up (REP lead 45-39)
Ohio 18 Leans Republican
Pennsylvania 6 Toss-up (DEM lead 45-35)
Pennsylvania 8 Leans Republican
Pennsylvania      10    Likely Republican
South Dakota AL Leans Democratic
Tennessee   4      Likely Democratic
Texas 17 Leans Democratic
Texas 22 Leans Republican
Utah 2 Leans Democratic
Vermont AL Leans Democratic
Washington       2      Likely Republican
Washington 8 Leans Republican
Wisconsin 8 Leans Republican

Governor:

Polling for Key Senate Races

Arizona-Senate

Jon Kyl (R): 49%
Generic Dem: 42%

Florida-Senate

Bill Nelson (D): 51%
Generic R: 39%

Maryland-Senate (OPEN)

Generic D: 55%
Generic R: 39%

Minnesota Senate (OPEN)

Klobuchar (D): 47%
Generic R: 43%

Montana-Senate

Burns (R): 51%
Generic D: 41%

North Dakota-Senate

Conrad (D): 57%
Generic R: 30%

Nebraska-Senate

Nelson (D): 50%
Generic R: 35%

New Jersey-Senate

Menendez (D): 50%
Generic R: 40%

Ohio-Senate

DeWine (R, inc.): 43%
Brown (D): 40%

Pennsylvania-Senate

Eachus (D): 45%
Santorum (R, inc.): 39%

Rhode Island-Senate

Chafee (R): 46%
Generic D: 38%

Tennessee-Senate (OPEN)

Generic R: 51%
Ford Jr.: 42%

Virginia Senate

Warner (D): 44%
Allen (R, inc.): 39%

Vermont-Senate (OPEN)

Douglas (R): 45%
Sanders (D): 45%

Washington-Senate

Cantwell (D): 55%
Generic R: 35%

West Virginia-Senate

Bryd (D): 56%

Senate Primary Polls

CA-SENATE

Feinstein (inc.): 45%
Harris: 32%

Since, we don't have someone actively using a Governor's race or committee other than NY for this update, I'll only provide public polling for NY GOV, also a lot of the races would just be generic trial heats, and it would be nice if the Governor's races weren't ignored so if someone would like to take them up, that would be nice. Also if we don't get anyone for next update, I'll start using IRL nominees for public polling, and maybe weaker candidates, if the recruit was really strong, since we don't have anyone doing recruiting.

New York Governor D Primary

Eliot Spitzer: 54%
Tom Suozzi: 26%

New York Governor GE (OPEN)

Generic D: 55%

Directions are the same as the first turn, with the caveat about fundraising, and if you want to schedule a debate PM me and I'll post questions in the thread (wondering if we'll need a debate thread, since we'll have several going on at once). Also slight tweak to the rules, to avoid insanely large totals, house race extra fundraising for leading in seats only applies to lean or tossup seats, and since we've had little action on the House front, the seats are mostly staying in the status quo. Also old ad rates, internal rates, etc. still apply

Lastly the candidate and credit balances

Candidate Balances (how much you have to begin this turn):

Hillary Clinton: 4,500,000

Doug Jones: 3,570,000

Tom Suozzi: $3,800,000

George Allen: $5,100,000

Jim Douglas: $5,200,000

Bernie Sanders: $5,275,000

Kamala Harris: $4,000,000

John McKinney: $4,000,000

Harold Ford Jr.: $4,000,000

Committee Balances (how much you have to begin this turn):

DSCC: $44,350,000
DCCC: $41,000,000
NRSC: $39,000,000
NRCC: $47,000,000

Credit Balances (how much you have to begin this turn):

Hillary Clinton: 7

Doug Jones: 8

Tom Suozzi: 8

George Allen: 9

Jim Douglas: 7

Bernie Sanders: 8

Kamala Harris: 8

John McKinney: 6

Harold Ford Jr.: 7

DSCC: 8

DCCC: 12

NRSC: 12

NRCC: 12
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2020, 03:40:35 PM »

I didn't want to add on another race earlier because I didn't feel like I had enough time to make another schedule before September 12 but now with no one playing specific house candidates, would you prefer if some people added an extra race?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2020, 07:48:39 PM »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton, October 2005

October 1, 2005

Rally on behalf of Bernie Sanders, Rutland, Vermont

Now, Bernie Sanders and I may not agree on most issues, but there is no denying the passion and drive that he has to make America a better place. He shown this passion in the House, and he will continue to show it in the Senate. For this reason, we should elect Bernie Sanders to the United States Senate.

Rally on behalf of Carol-Shea Porter, Portsmouth, New Hampshire

Carol Shea-Porter is exactly the type of person Congress needs. She's bright, energetic, and she's a proud activist in our party. This is what we need to thrive, people.

Rally on behalf of Paul Hodes, Granite State College, Concord, New Hampshire

Paul Hodes is a proud Democrat from right here in Concord. He'll be a trustworthy vote for positions New Hampshire voters support. Charles Bass on the other hand, supports the Hyde Amendment, a policy that prohibits federal funds from going to places that assist women from making choices about their own bodily autonomy. He's just out of touch.

Rally on behalf of John Lynch, Laconia, New Hampshire

I don't know if your Governor really needs my help to win reelection. By my account, he looks rather safe. I don't even think he has an opponent yet. But that doesn't mean complacency is a good thing. One bad day, and everything could come crashing down. So, my message to you next November, is go out and vote. Just because it's a safe race, doesn't mean you should assume anything.

October 2, 2005

Rally against Olympia Snowe, Caribou, Maine

Olympia Snowe says she's a moderate, right? A moderate wouldn't have voted for John Roberts to be Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. A moderate certainly wouldn't vote for whoever President Bush nominates to replace Sandra Day O'Connor, as that person will not be a moderate. That person will be a conservative idealouge. I am proud to oppose any person President Bush nominates, and Senator Snowe should too.

Rally on behalf of John Baldacci, Husson University, Bangor, Maine

John Baldacci's done, quite honestly a wonderful job. He did what my husband's administration could not do, pass a health care plan that provides affordable health care to Maine residents. He's dramatically overhauled Maine's Community College System, to the point where it is now one of the best in the country. Best of all, he did all of this, without raising your taxes.

October 3, 2005

Rally on behalf of Charlie Melancon, Houma, Louisiana

The Louisiana Coast, and New Orleans are uniquely vulnerable to Hurricanes. Hurricanes Katrina and Rita proved that this summer. However, when faced with that challenge, this administration was paralyzed with cronyism and shoddy management. Indeed, the head of FEMA at the time's previous job before joining FEMA was being in charge of Arabian Horse Association. While the new head of FEMA has a background in emergency management, what happens if the Republicans win the White House again in 2008, and appoint someone completely unqualified again? We can't let that happen.

Rally on behalf of Gene Taylor, Waveland, Mississippi

Just over two months ago, Hurricane Katrina devastated the Mississippi Coast. Now, rebuilding isn't easy, but it's important. What's also important around here, especially now, is a sense of continuity. This is why you need to reelect Gene Taylor to the House of Representatives.

October 4-6

Senate Duties, Washington D.C

October 7, 2005

Rally on behalf of Doug Jones, Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Alabama

So, think about this for a minute. One of Doug Jones's opponents in the Democratic Primary, Don Siegelman has already been indicted for corruption once. Now, I believe that prosecution might be politically motivated. However, that doesn't mean we should nominate someone who has been indicted, regardless of why. There's just too much risk involved.

October 8, 2005

Rally against Trent Lott, Itta Bena, Mississippi

Quite frankly, Trent Lott is a homophobe, a racist and above all someone who helped try to remove my husband from office. Back in 1998, he put party over country when he tried to remove my husband from office on dubious grounds by using impeachment as a weapon. It's time to turn the tables on him.

Rally on behalf of Harold Ford Jr, Mount Juliet, Tennessee

Harold Ford Jr. is the perfect Democrat for Tennessee. He's a moderate, who represents am important political community. There are three possible Republicans he could face. Bob Corker, like Ford, a moderate, Ed Bryant, one of the men who tried to remove my husband from office, Van Hilleary, a strident conservative. I think we can win this seat, especially with the candidate we have running. 

October 9, 2005

Appear on Meet the Press, from Mount Juliet, Tennessee

So, Senator, since the last time we've spoken, you've made your first trip to New Hampshire. Is this any indication that you're seriously considering a Presidential campaign?
Well, if you ask me today whether I see myself competing in the New Hampshire Primary in 2008, the answer is, yes, I do. But that's over two years away. That's an eternity in politics. Another candidate could catch fire, for example. I could lose reelection. I could suffer a major accident or illness. There's a lot that could happen in two years, so it's still premature to assume I'll be running for President then.
President Bush plans to announce his pick to replace Sandra Day O'Connor soon. Is there any candidate that he may name that you would support.
Tim, there really isn't one. President Bush has chosen for most of his Cabinet positions, and now in choosing John Roberts as Chief Justice, he picked ideological warriors. I was in the Senate the day of the vote to confirm John Roberts, and I voted No, because he was an ideologically driven pick. I'll be voting no on whomever President Bush picks to replace Justice O'Conner as well.
There's been some discussion in Senate circles about how you dislike Minority Leader Harry Reid. Is that accurate?
It's not that I dislike him, It's that I think he's an ineffective Minority Leader. We really should be compromising less with Republicans in the House and Senate, let alone with President Bush. That was Tom Daschle's mistake, and if we win the majority, Harry Reid needs to be careful not to let it become his mistake as well.
Is there any particular issue you're looking forward to tackling in the next Congress?
Yes. It's long past time for us to withdraw from Iraq. Every day our troops and Iraqi civilians die in a spiraling sectarian conflict, that seems to have no end. Iraq is already a failed state. It's time we left it to it's fate, and acknowledge that our attempt to introduce Democracy was a failure.

October 10, 2005

Rally against Mike Castle, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Look, in order to provide a check on the Republican Party, we need as many Democrats in Congress as possible. That means defeating Republicans across the country, especially those in states and districts favorable to us, like Mike Castle.

Rally on behalf of John Spratt, Winthrop Coliseum, Rock Hill, South Carolina

John Spratt is someone who South Carolinans can trust. He's a bridge to Republicans, and a true moderate, something that is sorely lacking in this day and age.

October 11-30

Bus Tour across New York, Buffalo to Montauk.

October 31, 2008

Hand out candy to local Trick or Treaters, Chappaqua, New York.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2020, 08:30:07 AM »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton, November 2005

November 1-6

November 7, 2005

Fundraiser, The Coral House, Baldwin, New York ($1,000 a plate, expecting between 75 and 100 people)

November 8, 2005

Vote for local offices, Chappaqua, New York

November 9, 2005

Rally against Phil English, Corry, Pennsylvania

Iraq is burning. In order to fix our problems there, we must defeat Republicans at home, like Phil English.

Rally on behalf of Ed Rendell, Jerry Uht Park, Erie Pennsylvania

Look, we need to keep the Governor's mansion here. Ed Rendell isn't the perfect Democrat Moveon.org types want, but he's a good fit for a battleground state.

Rally for Todd Eachus, Erie Civic Center, Erie, Pennsylvania

They call Rick Santorum Senator Man-on-Dog, because he compared homosexuality to beastiality. He's compared pro-choice Americans, to Nazis. He's compared positions taken by the Democratic Party, to the the Catholic Church's priests sexually abusing children. These are not the comments of a United States Senator. These are the comments of a right wing fanatic, and they are wrong for Pennsylvania.

November 10-22

November 23-26

Thanksgiving with the Troops, Baghdad

November 27-30

Campaign across the Finger Lakes Region of New York

VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2020, 05:59:26 PM »

"Trusted"
30-second ad for Senator George Allen

Allen appears on the screen in his house, speaking to voters

"Hi, I'm George Allen. For the last 15 years, I've had the honor to serve my home state in the House of Representatives, as Governor, and for the last few years, as a United States Senator. For my entire career I've been a champion for low taxes, a better education for our children, and a safer, stronger Virginia. That's why I helped protect our Second Amendment rights by passing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. That's why I voted for the President's tax cuts. And it's why, I've voted to keep education in the hands of Virginians, not in the hands of Washington bureaucrats. I'm Senator George Allen, I approve this message, and I ask for your vote this November."

Logo made myself
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »

Allen October 2005 Schedule
Logo made myself

October 1-3: Barnstorm Loudon
October 4: Open campaign office in Loudoun County
October 5-10: Door-knock and barnstorm Prince William County
October 11: Hold town hall at George Mason University with college students to bolster youth enthusiasm
October 12-18: Senate duties
October 19: Hold roundtable with suburban moms to discuss education and safety issues in Henrico County
Mark Warner spent 4 years as Governor trying to let violent criminals roam free. As a US Senator, I've spent the last 6 years keeping Virginian families safe from criminals. And you have my word that if I am re-elected, I will push for legislation for criminal justice reform while still prioritizing safety.
October 20-25: Barnstorm and door-knock in York County
October 26: Hold a town hall at William and Mary University with college students and teachers
October 27-30: Barnstorm and door-knock in Rappahannock County
October 31: Spend the day with family at home in Earlysville, VA
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2020, 10:06:46 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 10:14:46 PM by KaiserDave »

Douglas for Senate Strategy

December will be primarily spent raising money. It will be important to spend time accumulating substantial funds for the coming campaign. It Douglas can maintain a funds advantage over Sanders, he may be able to dominate the airwaves well up to election day. His campaign activities will be mostly limited to radio and TV appearances (one of which is outlined earlier) where he will continue to define himself as a common sense moderate, and the effective Governor who has become very popular.

December 2005 Schedule

All items are interspersed between day to day Governing duties, all unmentioned days are rest or day to day governing duties

December
December 3: Public Funds Drive on Burlington Main Street
December 10: Public Funds Drive on Burlington Main Street
December 12: Yard Sign Distribution in Burlington
December 14-16: Radio Tour, one radio interview a day
December 18: Fundraiser with major statewide GOP donors, 1,000 Dollars a Plate (32 attendants)
December 22: Fundraiser with major statewide GOP donors, 1,000 Dollars a plate (35 attendants)
December 24: Public Funds Drive on Burlington Main Street
December 25: Christmas Speech as Governor, urging togetherness and good cheer
December 27: Joining the Sugarbush Resort Grooming Team on the Mountain for an (early) morning of mountain adventure, questions from the press at 8 AM

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2020, 06:16:45 PM »

Fall Schedule for Doug Jones
October 2: Attend NASCAR race in Talladega
October 3-6: Unveil campaign logo and begin selling merchandise for the campaign.
Campaign Logo:

October 7: Rally with Senator Hillary Clinton in Mobile, Alabama
October 8-15: Male a targeted appeal appeal to Black Voters by holding campaign events in black neighborhoods in Mobile and meeting with local community leaders.
October 16: Interview with WTVM 13 News in Alabama.
Interviewer: You've been very critical of the Alabama Republican party. What would you say is the main problem with the state party?
Doug Jones: I think the main problem with Alabama Republicans is they have been trying to trying
Theyv'e pushed the state in such a radical direction that you have Roy Moore, a complete wacko is considered a serious candidate for governor. We need to kick this extremism to the curb.
Interviewer: The typical winning strategy for southern Republicans is to pain their opponents as liberals-in-disguise. How do you plan to fight those charges?
Doug Jones: I trust that the Alabaman people will see throught those lies. I'm not here to infringe on the second amendment or force the state to have gay marriage or anything. I'm a common-sense Democrat who will reach across the aisle with the legislature to get positive results for Alabama.
Interviewer: Do you have any comment on Don Siegelman's conduct in office?
Doug Jones: Here's the thing, I don't know whether the charges were politically motivated or not. The point is, it's bad either way. On the one hand, if they are true we'll be nominating someone guilty of fraud, on the other hand, if they're not, we'll be nominating someone who's been accused of fraud and weakened as a candidate. I fail to see why Governor Siegelman would do any better after being accused than before.
October 17: Release internal polling for the campaign
Results:
Siegelman: 40 Jones: 35 Baxley: 25
Crosstsabs:
Whites:
Siegelman: 65 Jones: 20 Baxley: 15
AA:
Jones: 55 Baxley: 40 Siegelman: 5
Female:
Baxley: 60 Jones: 30 Siegelman: 10
Male:
Siegelman: 60 Jones: 25 Baxley: 15

October 18: Spend 4 credits to get an endorsement from Bud Cramer
October 19-30: Campaign across Cramer's district and spend 100,000$ to get ads on the radio highlighting his endorsement
October 31: Hand out candy to local trick or treaters in Alabama
November 1-7: Campaign in Birmingham with family
November 8: Host an election night party with campaign staff
November 8-11: Take a weekend off campaigning
November 11: Drive to Montgomery with staff.
November 12-14: Go door to door to meet voters in Montgomery
November 15: Debate with Baxley and Siegelman in Montgomery
November 16: Travel to Huntsville
November 17-23: Campaign across Hunstville
November 24-29: Take a couple days off campaigning to celebrate Thanksgiving.
November 30: Conduct an internal three-way poll between Baxley, Siegelman and Jones
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2020, 12:01:52 AM »

This is coming back, now that I have time, so let me know if you want to play via PM, I will let people take over characters mid game since I have simmed elections so far, also if you just want to continue, post your turn here.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2020, 07:17:15 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2020, 08:41:04 AM by NewYorkExpress »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton, December 2005

December 1, 2005

Rally on Behalf of Bernie Sanders, Bennington College, Bennington Vermont

Bernie Sanders don't agree on much, but what I do know is that he has the passion and drive for everything he believes in. That's what we need in a United States Senator. Bernie Sanders is my choice in this race, and I hope he will be your choice too.

Rally on behalf of Deval Patrick, Yarmouth, Massachusetts.

Deval Patrick served my husband's administration as an Assistant Attorney General, so I know he's got the qualities needed to be an effective Governor here in Massachusetts. He's got the interests of everyone in Massachusetts at heart, unlike Governor Romney, who decided not to run for reelection, so he could mount a Presidential bid, or at least that's what I'm hearing...

Rally in New London, Connecticut, against Joe Lieberman

The fact of matter is, we were wrong to invade Iraq. However, while some of us in the Senate at the time of the vote, like myself and Senator Edwards have acknowledged our error, Senator Lieberman has doubled down on the belief that the only solution was a war, that has cost us more in American blood and treasure that we can afford. Should any Democrat wish to Primary Lieberman, they have my endorsement.

December 2, 2005

Rally on behalf of Mark Warner, Galax, Virginia

Look, we need someone who will be a check on President Bush in his final two years in office. That someone, is Mark Warner. George Allen has voted with President Bush's position on almost every major issue. That isn't the record of someone who will be a check on the Bush Administration. It's the record of someone who will rubber stamp his agenda every step of the way.

Rally at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at Virginia Beach, against Thelma Drake

Republicans like Thelma Drake have dishonored our troops, by sending them into Iraq with no support, no plan for victory, and without the tools needed to get the job done, and now, when we find we can't win, they refuse to bring our troops home. Do we want thousands of American soldiers dead at the hands of terrorists, because Republicans refuse to listen to reality? I don't think you do, and I certainly don't.

December 3, 2005

Attend the ACC Championship Game, Alltel Stadium, Jacksonville, Florida (Virginia Tech @ Florida State)

December 4, 2005

Appear on Meet the Press from Jacksonville, Florida

So, Senator, let's begin with your attack on Joe Lieberman. Do you think that's conducive to helping Democrats win the Senate race in Connecticut?

Senator, at this point, I essentially consider Joe Lieberman a Republican in name if not fact. He's carried water for the Bush Administration on so many issues, Iraq being just one, that I'm wondering why he hasn't switched parties.

Some on the left, have suggested that should Democrats do well here and in 2008, that Democrats should seek to impeach and remove Chief Justice Roberts and Associate Justice Alito, should he be confirmed. Would you support such an action?

Given what my husband went through as President, I'm loath to support impeachment as a political weapon. If we're going to remove Supreme Court Justices for any reason, we should start by looking at Associate Justice Thomas, who has been accused of sexual harassment, rather than targeting Justices for purely political reasons.

Moving ahead to a potential 2008 President bid, is there any Democrat whose entry into the race might cause you to say "I'm not running for President"?

Probably Senator Obama. He's got a young, passionate group of supporters, and it would very hard to defeat him in a nomination battle in my opinion. If Obama wanted to run, I think the nomination would be his to lose, no matter what other Democrats were running.

I also notice you've come out more strongly against the Iraq War than you have in the past. Why?

Quite simply, we've wasted almost three years, with an increasing death count in Iraq on completely phony pretenses. On top of that, we've let ourselves get distracted from the real goal, which is bringing Osama Bin Laden to justice, in favor of President Bush's personal vendetta against Saddam Hussein.

But you voted for the war.

A lot of Democrats did, Tim. And each and every one of us was suckered by the Bush Administration. This, in my opinion, is an impeachable act for both President Bush and Vice President Cheney, for outright lying to Congress and to the American people so they could have their war and oil.

Rally in Mexico Beach, Florida, on behalf of Bill Nelson.

We need Democrats in the Senate, to fight against the worst excesses of the Republican Party, such as their illogical intervention to keep Terri Schiavo alive, when all of the evidence said there was no chance at recovery from her.

December 5-20

Senate duties, Washington D.C

December 21-28

Christmas with the troops, Iraq and Afghanistan

December 29-30

Rest, Chappaqua, New York

December 31

Take Part in the New Year's eve celebration, Times Square, Manhattan, New York.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2020, 09:08:03 PM »

only returning if @GotFan does
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2020, 07:45:29 PM »

I do not have time but someone should play Trump in New York, possibly challenge Hillary for Dem nomination, or someone play Bloomberg or Chafee.

Steven Colbert lol
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2020, 08:04:07 PM »

I do not have time but someone should play Trump in New York, possibly challenge Hillary for Dem nomination, or someone play Bloomberg or Chafee.

Steven Colbert lol

As Hillary Clinton, I assure you that I would not expect Trump to win a Senate race for a Safe D seat.

Bloomberg might be more realistic in that regard.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2020, 12:04:30 AM »

Steven Colbert lol

As Hillary Clinton, I assure you that I would not expect Trump to win a Senate race for a Safe D seat.

Wait a minute... you’re Hillary Clinton?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2020, 08:37:56 AM »

Steven Colbert lol

Yes. There's no other NewYorkExpress on the forum, right?
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2020, 06:54:13 PM »

Steven Colbert lol

PM me Hillary
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2020, 07:05:14 PM »

Steven Colbert lol

PM me Hillary

I was referring to in the context of the game, genius. I'm obviously not Hillary Clinton IRL (though I wish I was at times.)
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2020, 08:59:27 AM »

Oh I thought you meant you were the actual Hillary Clinton
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2020, 09:15:58 AM »

To be fair, I've played as Hillary Clinton in election games often enough that I'm starting to think like her.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »

To be fair, I've played as Hillary Clinton in election games often enough that I'm starting to think like her.

Can I dm?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2020, 10:05:42 AM »

Can I dm?

I'm not the GM (that's S019), so I can't answer that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies