L.C. 8.7: Lincoln Small Business Administration Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:54:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  L.C. 8.7: Lincoln Small Business Administration Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: L.C. 8.7: Lincoln Small Business Administration Act  (Read 329 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2020, 12:27:01 AM »

Lincoln Small Business Administration Act
To establish a Lincoln Small Business Administration

Be it enacted by the Government of the Region of Lincoln

1. A department shall be established called the "Lincoln Small Business Administration"
2. The Lincoln Small Business Administration shall have a budget of $250 million dollars each year.
3. The Lincoln Small Business Administration shall give grants and loans under $50,000 for small businesses that have under $100,000 dollars of net revenue each year.
4. The Lincoln Small Business Administration shall start on tbd.

Sponsor: Ninja0428

Debate on this has begun and shall last for at least 72 hours
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 12:28:17 AM »

I'm going to be frank here, I don't think we'll be able to afford this, but I'll wait for the scores to come in before deciding how to deal with this.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 01:09:28 PM »

I don't believe that 250 million will be too big of a deal for something that will ultimately end up stimulating our economy.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 07:56:58 PM »

I don't believe that 250 million will be too big of a deal for something that will ultimately end up stimulating our economy.

I think this is a good point, however this bill still needs to be amended anyways, for instance I think tiering the grants and loans based off of net revenue is a much better system for figuring out how to loan out money, and this also needs a starting date. So, this can't be passed in its current form, if I have time, I will write up an amendment tonight
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 01:13:10 PM »

Where is the amendment?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 01:57:01 PM »

I said if I had time, and I'm still waiting on the CG to figure out a rough estimate for this, I sent him a reminder a few days ago, hopefully I hear back

But anyways, I'll do it right now, since I have a few minutes:

Lincoln Small Business Administration Act
To establish a Lincoln Small Business Administration

Be it enacted by the Government of the Region of Lincoln

1. A department shall be established called the "Lincoln Small Business Administration"
2. The Lincoln Small Business Administration shall have a budget of $250 million dollars each year.
3. The Lincoln Small Business Administration shall give grants and loans under $50,000 for small businesses that have under $100,000 dollars of net revenue each year.
3a. Business with an income below $25,000 shall receive a loan of $50,000
3b. Business with an income between $25,000 and $50,000 shall receive a loan of $35,000
3a. Business with an income between $50,000 and $75,000 shall receive a loan of $20,000
3a. Business with an income between $75,000 and $100,000 shall receive a loan of $10,000
4. The Lincoln Small Business Administration shall start on tbd December 31, 2020.

This seems like a good preliminary fix, again this is just to show more or less what I was thinking
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 02:02:24 PM »

The language of the amendment confuses me, it implies that all small businesses are receiving a certain loan depending on their size? At what rate? Are needs accounted for? I understand the idea of a sliding scale for this but it doesn't quite seem right. I would prefer for this not to be adopted, but that we don't hold a vote on it until a counter amendment is proposed, if that is possible.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 06:41:23 PM »

The language of the amendment confuses me, it implies that all small businesses are receiving a certain loan depending on their size? At what rate? Are needs accounted for? I understand the idea of a sliding scale for this but it doesn't quite seem right. I would prefer for this not to be adopted, but that we don't hold a vote on it until a counter amendment is proposed, if that is possible.

No one objected, so it's added to the bill, so when we do have a counter proposal, the vote on it will effectively be a vote between this and the counter proposal, also this amendment wasn't meant to be final
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 07:52:41 AM »

No one objected, so it's added to the bill, so when we do have a counter proposal, the vote on it will effectively be a vote between this and the counter proposal, also this amendment wasn't meant to be final

Shouldn't the Administration decide?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 08:11:43 PM »

Not sure what to do here honestly, a competing proposal would be nice
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »