FL-16 - Data Targeting (R): Trump at 47%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  FL-16 - Data Targeting (R): Trump at 47%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-16 - Data Targeting (R): Trump at 47%  (Read 896 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2020, 06:36:43 AM »

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/364421-poll-vern-buchanan-leads-margaret-good-by-double-digits-in-cd-16

August 27-29
400 likely voters
MoE: 4.9%

Trump 47%
Biden Huh

Trump got 54% here in 2016.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 06:41:09 AM »

It is completely unknown what Trump's topline number is from that release. All it says is he gets 47% of the senior vote.

His lead holds across most demographics, with voters over 65 preferring the eight-term Congressman over Good by a 51-38 margin. His majority share outpaces that of President Donald Trump, whom 47% of CD 16 seniors say will be getting their vote.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 06:44:31 AM »

Not terribly shocked by that CD topline.  

This district encompasses the whole of Manatee County - - pretty much a textbook example of Florida retiree-country.   
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 07:16:55 AM »

Does anyone familiar with this district know what Trump's standing here would be with less than 50% of the 65+ vote?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 07:32:54 AM »

Does anyone familiar with this district know what Trump's standing here would be with less than 50% of the 65+ vote?

My family had a House on AMI. My guess is that this collaborates the environment. LBK, in Sarasota, has probably quite a few NeverTrumpers. My guess is that Trump might only win Sarasota by like 7 or 8 but might do about as well in Manatee as he will in Pasco. Biden might actually win Sarasota.l the city.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 07:37:16 AM »

My family had a House on AMI. My guess is that this collaborates the environment. LBK, in Sarasota, has probably quite a few NeverTrumpers. My guess is that Trump might only win Sarasota by like 7 or 8 but might do about as well in Manatee as he will in Pasco. Biden might actually win Sarasota.l the city.

Outside of Sarasota proper, it's pretty conservative retiree-heavy like Manatee, right?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 07:54:43 AM »

Outside of Sarasota proper, it's pretty conservative retiree-heavy like Manatee, right?

Pretty much. Especially when you are on 41. LBK is unique in that it is sort of the Beverly Hills of the Gulf Coast. Maybe even more so than Naples.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 08:20:22 AM »

Not terribly shocked by that CD topline.  

This district encompasses the whole of Manatee County - - pretty much a textbook example of Florida retiree-country.   

Yes, this would be ground zero for a Biden bump with seniors vs. a generic 2010's Dem.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 09:00:46 AM »

Wouldn't Trump only getting 47% of the senior vote in a FL district like this be.... not good?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 09:46:46 AM »

Wouldn't Trump only getting 47% of the senior vote in a FL district like this be.... not good?

Yes, this explains why Biden is polling better than Clinton in Florida, even relative to the national polls.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 09:47:57 AM »

There are presumably undecided voters who will break his way in this poll. I hope we get a full release.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies