S.20.3-13: Fair Workweek Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:20:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.3-13: Fair Workweek Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.3-13: Fair Workweek Act (Law'd)  (Read 1500 times)
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« on: September 06, 2020, 11:51:12 PM »

My understanding for part of why a 40 hour work week was adopted was because 8 hours a day neatly translates to 3 shifts a day for companies that operate 24/7.

I think a move to 7 hours a day would complicate that structure. I suppose in theory a 6 hour work day could work, but I think a 30 hour work week is too dramatic of a change.

I support the status quo, and will probably be opposing this legislation
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 02:21:18 PM »

I'm open to the idea of workweek flexibility - though I still don't like the idea of a shift to a 35 hour workweek for reasons previously stated. Proposing this amendment.

AN ACT
to give families more time to spend with their children and increase productivity

Section 1 (Title & Definitions)
i. The title of this act shall be, the “Fair Workweek Act."

Section 2 (Workweek reduction)
i. The workweek for regional government employees shall be reduced from 40 hours to 35 hours.
ii. Unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for hours worked over 35 in a workweek at a rate not less than time and one-half their regular rates of pay.
iii. Non-exempt employees shall have their hourly wage adjusted to reflect the same gross pay amount as previously.

Section 3 (Gov't employee five-day workweek flexibility)
i. All government employees of the Southern Region who work five (5) days in a week shall have the option to choose between three (3) plans determining which days of the week they work.
   a. The first plan shall be called Workweek A. Workers who choose this plan must go to work on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
   b. The second plan shall be called Workweek B. Workers who choose this plan must go to work on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
   c. The second plan shall be called Workweek C. Workers who choose this plan must go to work on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
ii. If a regional government employee who works five (5) days in a week requests a different combination of days, whether it be for religious or personal reasons, the government of the Southern Region may permit the employee in question to work on a plan that best fits.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall come into effect on January 1, 2023.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 07:21:50 PM »

aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies