Military Times/Syracuse University: Biden +6 among military troops (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:19:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Military Times/Syracuse University: Biden +6 among military troops (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Military Times/Syracuse University: Biden +6 among military troops  (Read 5397 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 03, 2020, 05:24:04 AM »
« edited: September 03, 2020, 02:17:07 PM by NOVA Green »

I believe a Military Times Poll in 2008 showed Obama winning the Military Vote... (From an Archived Atlas thread way back).

Additionally, County and Precinct Level data from '08 appears to confirm that fact.

Don't recall the exact breakdown of Officers vs Enlisted Men/Women from the poll, let alone breakdown by Military Branch...

What I do seem to recall is that the heavily Anglo Officer Corps swung hard DEM between '04 and '08 bcs of morale issues caused by the lies and BS which the Bush Jr Administration used to justify the War in Iraq.

Enlisted Men in Army & Marines tend to skew much more Black & Latino than Air Force & Navy (Last time I checked), but also tons of folks doing only a 1x contract or maybe 2x, but re-ups typically don't go that far unless you're looking at going career and/or maxing on the bennies...

Although I would not necessarily consider the Military Times Polls as Gospel, simply take a peak at precinct level results for the USMC Bases for 1st MEF and 2nd MEF.... roll around Military Precincts from Fort Campbell to Fort Hood... Fort Benning... etc...

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies