KaiserDave AMA: with Philist Characteristics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:24:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  KaiserDave AMA: with Philist Characteristics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: KaiserDave AMA: with Philist Characteristics  (Read 1083 times)
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 04:12:51 PM »

Favourite city or town in Upstate New York? And in the state of Vermont?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2020, 04:15:18 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Off the top of my head, Saratoga for NY and......Stowe? Putney? Maybe Montpelier I'm not sure. I also enjoyed Brattleboro and of course Burlington.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2020, 09:38:20 PM »

Shameless Disgraceful Bump Smiley
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2020, 07:05:40 AM »

Rank them:

Phil Scott
Bobby Scott
David Scott
Rick Scott
Tim Scott
Scott (the Atlas Politician)
ChrisMcDanielWasRobbed
KYtrader

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2020, 08:32:28 AM »

Best dem challenger to Phil Scott: Sue Minter, Christine Hallquist, or David Zuckerman?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2020, 12:19:37 PM »

Rank them:

Phil Scott
Bobby Scott
David Scott
Rick Scott
Tim Scott
Scott (the Atlas Politician)

Phil Scott
Scott
Bobby Scott
David Scott
Tim Scott

Rick Scott
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2020, 12:21:55 PM »

Best dem challenger to Phil Scott: Sue Minter, Christine Hallquist, or David Zuckerman?

In order of my liking them, well it's mostly the same. They all have their own issues. They are all middling, I suppose on the FF side rather than HP.

In order of challenger strength

David Zuckerman
Sue Minter
Christine Hallquist
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Off the top of my head, Saratoga for NY and......Stowe? Putney? Maybe Montpelier I'm not sure. I also enjoyed Brattleboro and of course Burlington.

Don't know how much time you've spent in the Burlington, but do you have a favorite restaurant/shop/spot in the Burlington area?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2020, 04:43:12 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Don't know how much time you've spent in the Burlington, but do you have a favorite restaurant/shop/spot in the Burlington area?

Hmmmm

Burlington Farmers Market I quite liked. But those are all across the state. But you know if I DO go to UVM I will be able to answer this question better in one year's time.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2020, 05:12:19 PM »

Since you've mentioned Putney, what are some of your impressions of the place?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2020, 05:33:40 PM »

You've spoken a little about your background, I was curious if you could expand on it? I believe you mentioned your dad or granddad is from Quebec.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2020, 07:11:45 PM »

Since you've mentioned Putney, what are some of your impressions of the place?

Loved the area! I have a friend there who had a lovely substantial garden/farm, solar powered too Purple heart

President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2020, 07:19:43 PM »

Thoughts on Phil Batt?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2020, 07:27:29 PM »

You've spoken a little about your background, I was curious if you could expand on it? I believe you mentioned your dad or granddad is from Quebec.

That's a good question. I won't go into too much detail for privacy's sake, but I will provide some detail.

My Dad's side of the family is Irish Catholic, and has lived in Quebec for some 150 years (and for longer for the side of my Dad's family that is French Québécois). My Dad is the only member of his family who lives in the United States. Everyone else lives in Quebec, with some in Alberta and Ontario. My family is English-speaking, some of my relatives speak French, even fluent, and my cousins all speak French to some degree. But my paternal grandfather for instance speaks no French at all. For political purposes, they are all Liberal voters, but I believe some protest voted NDP or Green in the most recent election. One of my relatives has political connections from when he was in a certain government related role, he may vote PC in the next election due to personal connections with the current PC leader.

My Mom's side of the family is Ashkenazi Jews originating from various parts of Eastern Europe (Russia, Romania, Poland, Germany, Lithuania?). My Mom's family has been in the United States I think for around 100 years. However, my family is highly assimilated into American life. Nobody in my family speaks any other language other than a few Yiddish phrases. My maternal family is smaller than my paternal family. For politics, they are mostly typical Democrats. My maternal Grandfather however hates most politicians, and his mother for instance only liked Adlai Stevenson II (or was it HHH I can't remember). Some of my Great-Great-Grandparents and great-Grandparents, I believe were in the CPUSA and were Marxist-Leninists.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2020, 07:28:19 PM »

It's cool that he plays the saxophone (yes I looked that up).
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2020, 01:51:41 PM »

There was a new poll that came out recently that asked Vermont voters if Phil Scott challenged Sen. Leahy in 2022, who would they vote for, and Scott led Leahy by a few points.

Do you think he'll run and why?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2020, 02:01:21 PM »

There was a new poll that came out recently that asked Vermont voters if Phil Scott challenged Sen. Leahy in 2022, who would they vote for, and Scott led Leahy by a few points.

That's an excellent question and I'll direct you to my extensive comments here

In short. I would bet that he doesn't. I would say he's more likely to seek a fourth and final term as Governor. However, it's not out of the question. Scott spent 10 years in the State Senate so he's not foreign to legislative as opposed to executive roles. He also is uniquely poised to do so, given that he's the most popular political figure in the entire state. The fact that the poll even asked the question makes me wonder if it's being considered.

So. If Leahy retires, and Democrats have a few seats of cushion for their majority, I could see it happening. But if Leahy runs for another term (keep in mind I do like him, he's a cool dude), or Democrats only have a 50-50 or 51-49 majority, I think it's highly unlikely.

Ultimately it's up to Phil. Does he want to retire when he's done as Governor like Jim Douglas did? Or does he have bigger plans? I don't know.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2020, 02:02:03 PM »

How do you feel about Lake Champlain? How about the areas around the Taconic State Parkway?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2020, 02:13:54 PM »

How do you feel about Lake Champlain? How about the areas around the Taconic State Parkway?

Love Lake Champlain! I've spent time in and around it, and in the lakes nearby in Vermont and Quebec.

The Taconic is one of the nicest places to drive. Little traffic (well at least the last time), and good views.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2020, 02:17:20 PM »

I don't know much about the Vermont GOP these days, but do you believe that they have a path forward post Phil Scott?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2020, 02:22:47 PM »

I don't know much about the Vermont GOP these days, but do you believe that they have a path forward post Phil Scott?

From a glance...no not really. I can't see the future, maybe they have another young moderate in the mold of Phil or Jim Douglas coming down the pipe, but I'm not sure. The current Chairwoman is a crazy person who thinks Biden has advanced dementia, and many of the voters are right wing. I don't know. I know that when Scott doesn't run again, the governorship is flipping without a doubt. I hope T. J. Donovan (D-Chittenden) gets it.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2020, 02:50:42 PM »

In short. I would bet that he doesn't. I would say he's more likely to seek a fourth and final term as Governor. However, it's not out of the question. Scott spent 10 years in the State Senate so he's not foreign to legislative as opposed to executive roles. He also is uniquely poised to do so, given that he's the most popular political figure in the entire state. The fact that the poll even asked the question makes me wonder if it's being considered.

So. If Leahy retires, and Democrats have a few seats of cushion for their majority, I could see it happening. But if Leahy runs for another term (keep in mind I do like him, he's a cool dude), or Democrats only have a 50-50 or 51-49 majority, I think it's highly unlikely.

Ultimately it's up to Phil. Does he want to retire when he's done as Governor like Jim Douglas did? Or does he have bigger plans? I don't know.

Perhaps he could be in the cabinet of a...Nikki Haley administration?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2020, 03:01:49 PM »

Perhaps he could be in the cabinet of a...Nikki Haley administration?

Potentially. But I don't see Haley becoming President.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2021, 03:00:17 PM »

Bumping for 8k posts! Woot!

Joined the Blog in September 2018, and I don't regret it Smiley
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2021, 03:04:50 PM »

Since there was never a formal ending, do you know what an epilogue to your Weimar game would have said?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies