KaiserDave AMA: with Philist Characteristics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:30:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  KaiserDave AMA: with Philist Characteristics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: KaiserDave AMA: with Philist Characteristics  (Read 1082 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2020, 06:50:44 PM »

Recently passed 4,500 posts here, and I'm bored and it's been a while since I've done one of these.

Shoot.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 07:28:10 PM »

How did you react to Colleen Hanabusa coming in third place in the mayoral primary?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 07:30:39 PM »

Favorite NYC neighborhood?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 07:33:00 PM »

Favorite type of Ice Cream?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 07:36:22 PM »

So, if I'm remembering my map of NYC right, you live Nydia Velazquez's district?

What is your opinion of her as your Congressperson?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 07:59:33 PM »

1. Why does everyone underrate Senator Peters?

2. Are you from VT?
1. They either are ignorant of his raw political talent and unbelievable charisma, or they are paid to undermine him. Either way, I believe in the beard.

2. I am not, though I spent a lot of time there and plan to perhaps study there.

How did you react to Colleen Hanabusa coming in third place in the mayoral primary?

Tears, copious tears.

Mine is up there, but I don't want to release that so I will omit it. I will speak of Brooklyn exclusively because I know it best. I like Ditmas Park, Red Hook, and Gowanus. Also even though it's not in Brooklyn, gotta say Flushing Meadows for all the mets memories.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 08:00:36 PM »

Mint Chip, preferably Ben & Jerry's. Also Raspberry Sorbet is great.

So, if I'm remembering my map of NYC right, you live Nydia Velazquez's district?

What is your opinion of her as your Congressperson?

My Atlas location is fake.

I like her though. She's alright.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 12:34:43 AM »

We know your thoughts on Phil Scott, but what's your opinion on his moderate GOP brethren: Charlie Baker & Larry Hogan?
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 02:15:31 AM »

When did you fall in love with Phil Scott?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2020, 10:20:45 AM »

We know your thoughts on Phil Scott, but what's your opinion on his moderate GOP brethren: Charlie Baker & Larry Hogan?

Good question. I like them, Hogan and Baker have also hit it out of the park through COVID. Their anti-Trump credentials are strong, and I'd say they are true moderates. However I do not like them as much as I like Scott. I think they are both to the right of him, and I think Hogan in particular is someone who would modify their beliefs if he wanted to get competitive on the national level. But that is still speculation. Baker I like, and I think he's a good Governor although I don't love all of his education policy. Unrelated, but Marty Walsh is cool.

1. Scott
2. Baker
3. Hogan

I'll direct you to my signature as to why, but as to when that is a good question. My first encounter with Governor Scott was watching an attack ad against him by his primary opponent in the summer of 2016 while I was in Vermont. Being far less politically educated, I guessed that the the Democrat would naturally win in a landslide. But Phil won comfortably that year. But I really became a fan of Phil when he signed a gun control package after a near school shooting in Vermont, and despite it being a bad political calculation, he did the right thing. I did more research into him, and the rest is history.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2020, 10:23:21 AM »

I'll direct you to my signature as to why, but as to when that is a good question. My first encounter with Governor Scott was watching an attack ad against him by his primary opponent in the summer of 2016 while I was in Vermont. Being far less politically educated, I guessed that the the Democrat would naturally win in a landslide. But Phil won comfortably that year. But I really became a fan of Phil when he signed a gun control package after a near school shooting in Vermont, and despite it being a bad political calculation, he did the right thing. I did more research into him, and the rest is history.

I have read your "why" post. I asked you the "when" specifically because you did not mention any time frame there. Interesting story anyways!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020, 10:24:40 AM »

Since you like Phil Scott: What is your opinion of Charlie Baker?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 10:25:07 AM »

Opinion of PVDA in Belgium?

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2020, 10:30:11 AM »

I have read your "why" post. I asked you the "when" specifically because you did not mention any time frame there. Interesting story anyways!

Oh but the when is there!
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2020, 10:39:19 AM »

Oh but the when is there!

Well, not in the way you reported it here, which is much more interesting.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2020, 11:05:38 AM »

Would you vote for Phil Scott over Ed Markey?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2020, 11:21:43 AM »

Since you like Phil Scott: What is your opinion of Charlie Baker?

Answered already but essentially, like him, don't love him
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2020, 11:22:43 AM »

I'm not a Marxist, or a communist so I will have to HP. But I give them credit for not being sectarian.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 11:24:45 AM »

Depends on the circumstances. In a presidential election, probably Markey. For governor of a state, more likely Scott. As I've illustrated before nationalizing things changes things, and while Phil has been on the right side of most national issues I've seen, that could change if he was put in a nationalized spotlight. So for that reason probably the liberal Democrat.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 11:35:06 AM »

Opinion of Atlasia? (If you don't really know you don't have to answer)

What do you think will win in the Lt. Governor's race and opinion of your congress person, (you don't have to tell your exact one but your exact and surrounding)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2020, 03:35:39 PM »

Have you always been a social democrat?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2020, 03:50:45 PM »

Opinion of Atlasia? (If you don't really know you don't have to answer)

What do you think will win in the Lt. Governor's race and opinion of your congress person, (you don't have to tell your exact one but your exact and surrounding)

My opinion is limited because my activity in Atlasia is next to nothing

In 2022? I'm really not sure. I'm not sure who's interested in the job. My congress person is alright, I had issues with them but they've been better as of late.

Have you always been a social democrat?

Pretty much. Maybe the labeling of myself has changed, but my opinions have generally been mostly the same, they've only become more informed, and they've adapted at times to life experiences and global affairs.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2020, 04:01:18 PM »

Depends on the circumstances. In a presidential election, probably Markey. For governor of a state, more likely Scott. As I've illustrated before nationalizing things changes things, and while Phil has been on the right side of most national issues I've seen, that could change if he was put in a nationalized spotlight. So for that reason probably the liberal Democrat.

Following-up on this: if Bernie were hypothetically appointed to Biden's cabinet & Scott were the Republican nominee in the special election, does this mean you'd likely support whoever the Democratic nominee is over Scott since it's a federal race?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »

If Phil Scott ran for Senate in 2022 would you support him? Also what are your thoughts on your current Governor, Andrew Cuomo?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2020, 04:11:39 PM »

Following-up on this: if Bernie were hypothetically appointed to Biden's cabinet & Scott were the Republican nominee in the special election, does this mean you'd likely support whoever the Democratic nominee is over Scott since it's a federal race?

Not necessarily. I don't see why Scott would pivot to the right here, if anything he'd have to pivot further left in order to take the seat, and would have to stake our maverick positions (such as opposing continued leadership of Cocaine Mitch) in order to win a Senate race in Vermont. What I think we'd be looking at is the most left version of Scott possible. Now in the Senate itself where he's in the same caucus as Tom Cotton and Rick Scott and off the campaign trail it's more tricky, but Phil has given me a lot of reasons to trust him.

If Phil Scott ran for Senate in 2022 would you support him? Also what are your thoughts on your current Governor, Andrew Cuomo?

See above for the first question.

Andrew is meh. He's done some good, like making SUNY free for New York's states poorer students, or legalizing same-sex marriage back in the day, responding (mostly) alright to coronavirus, or doing much to expand tourism upstate. But he's also an egomaniac who picks a fight on every little thing with de Blasio, openly muses about destroying public education, and is far too connected with the state's wealthiest.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies