CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:55:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread  (Read 123992 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: March 23, 2021, 10:49:56 PM »

I’d vote for Tom Steyer over Newsom.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 09:38:19 PM »

Can’t the GOP just wait for Hispanics to become more GOP-friendly than this charade? I mean I fail to see what this accomplishes other than p!$$ing off the Libs in a very expensive fashion.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 03:11:18 PM »

There definitely should be a recall option no matter what, and in fact it should be made much more easier for the benefit of the people. Representative government is supposed to represent all people after all, I don’t see why the elite should have the luxury to be able to just mount a recall campaign.

I’m sorry, but some people in this thread are getting too emotionally invested over a recall that is sure to fail. Something that can be positively spun as Republicans are wasting your taxdollars and state resources during a pandemic. Unless the recall results in strengthening R’s downballot in key races, there’s no reason to fuss over this.

You think I’m not angry that Kshama Sawant is being most likely recalled over trumped-up charges. I am, but I know that emotionally getting invested and being a victim of uselessly exhausting my emotional energy isn’t going to affect much. The solution here or there is to make recalls easier to occur so that scandalous Republicans can be more easily ran out of office. Anyway...

Can’t the GOP just wait for Hispanics to become more GOP-friendly than this charade? I mean I fail to see what this accomplishes other than p!$$ing off the Libs in a very expensive fashion.

So what’s the deal here? Is there a major downballot race coming up soon for the GOP to exploit or is this a sad, last-ditched attempt at getting attention?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 12:13:41 AM »

There’s at least one ASP and SWP candidate each running. I’m still mad that the PFP is so cucked out that they bowed down from running for California Dems to not remove them from the Ballot.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 01:32:42 AM »

Guess I’ll go with Dan Lopelovitz.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 12:41:52 PM »

Both the Medicaid expansion along with recalls should have gone through. The current Federal system is not built up to actually let necessary changes democratically decided by the people to go through.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2021, 10:25:12 AM »

As a viable progressive choice, Dan Kapelowitz and Dennis Richter seem like good choices for California.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2021, 01:04:30 PM »

As a viable progressive choice, Dan Kapelowitz and Dennis Richter seem like good choices for California.
Nah, the only viable choice for good governance, which is what matters, is Kevin Faulconer, loath as I am to say that considering his recent salt over trailing Larry Elder.
Arnold Schwarzenegger as a moderate Republican failed to do any governing. Given that both candidates mentioned have adequate executive experience and are not as gross as a suburban R, it’s clear what the sane choices are.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 11:14:30 AM »

Cowardly given the race is safe D.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 12:17:28 AM »

A lot of Californians will be very angry during the midterms from this, I expect several swing seats in the house to trend blue, making an incoming R house rely on a slim few seats majority.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 11:24:31 PM »

WOW! Gavin celebrating his victory in the recall by signing a bill that will effectively abolish single-family zoning in California. Thank you SIR!

https://twitter.com/hknightsf/status/1438638420889276422

BIG MANDATE ENERGY!

Next stop soviet apartment blocks!
Please god, I need to move out of my current crapper
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies