CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:09:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 100
Author Topic: CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread  (Read 124069 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: August 18, 2021, 05:58:50 AM »

NEWSOM  is gonna win anyways, the state is done flirting with Larry Elder
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #876 on: August 18, 2021, 09:56:22 AM »

Faulconer goes on the offensive last night at the debate at Elder who wasn't at the debate
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #877 on: August 18, 2021, 10:01:30 AM »

Doubt it matters much; Faulconer won't finish 1st among the GOP candidates I think. Which would be kind of embarrassing for a recent SD mayor.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #878 on: August 18, 2021, 10:41:36 AM »

Reposting b/c it messed up before.

45K ballots returned so far.

Dems 27,118
Ind/Other 9,717
Rep 8,748

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #879 on: August 18, 2021, 10:53:10 AM »

Lets say Newsom gets recalled, what could a Republican Governor do with a Democratic state legislature with veto-proof super majorities?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #880 on: August 18, 2021, 12:12:31 PM »

Lets say Newsom gets recalled, what could a Republican Governor do with a Democratic state legislature with veto-proof super majorities?

Cut ribbons & not much else.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #881 on: August 18, 2021, 12:21:45 PM »

Appoint a couple offices, which was actually the focus of the speech that Larry gave to the Orange County GOP on Monday night.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #882 on: August 18, 2021, 12:24:34 PM »

If Larry Elder becomes the next California governor, wouldn't he necessarily lose in 2022 as and be a lightning rod that could endanger suburban Republicans?
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #883 on: August 18, 2021, 12:47:27 PM »

If Larry Elder becomes the next California governor, wouldn't he necessarily lose in 2022 as and be a lightning rod that could endanger suburban Republicans?
Nah, every other Californian will win, or more likely, lose, on their own, Larry won't matter.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #884 on: August 18, 2021, 01:47:52 PM »

Appoint a couple offices, which was actually the focus of the speech that Larry gave to the Orange County GOP on Monday night.

Could the legislature overrule a governor and impose a mask mandate?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #885 on: August 18, 2021, 02:51:19 PM »

About the only thing I could possibly see Falcouner being good as for governor is maybe a springboard to bring the VP nominee in 2024. I doubt it though cause that’d be too smart for republicans
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #886 on: August 18, 2021, 02:56:05 PM »

I saw the following post yesterday from an older person I'm acquainted with online:

Have you guys seen the recall ballot?

what a cluster! I was looking around for Newsom’s name and filled in "yes," which actually means in favor of the recall! I’m glad that I didn’t send it right off (because I wanted to stare at the absurdity of it all for a bit…and then saw a news item on the constitutionality of it, which led to me reviewing it again, fortunately).

The point here is not that Democratic voters are going to get confused and vote en masse to recall (I do not think that will happen); the point is that people do not know what this election is about or why it is happening. Posters on this forum should take this into account when they forecast the race rather than assuming that all voters have perfect knowledge or know who Larry Elder is.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #887 on: August 18, 2021, 03:09:07 PM »

Competently or incompetently manage the executive branch, respond to emergencies, oversee FEMA and the national guard through fire season, etc.

Which is why it's actually so important that Faulconer beats Elder or Paffrath on question two. The mechanisms of state government could absolutely melt down with someone that stupid at the top.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #888 on: August 18, 2021, 03:39:49 PM »

Competently or incompetently manage the executive branch, respond to emergencies, oversee FEMA and the national guard through fire season, etc.

Which is why it's actually so important that Faulconer beats Elder or Paffrath on question two. The mechanisms of state government could absolutely melt down with someone that stupid at the top.
Noooooo, we stan Larry in this house.
But Democrats, unless you want people like me getting sudden control of the executive branch, y'all need to vote Faulconer. Moderate, sensible, and successful, he's honestly the right choice to be governor.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #889 on: August 18, 2021, 03:40:46 PM »

Could the legislature overrule a governor and impose a mask mandate?
Oh I have truly no idea, that'd go to the courts I imagine, and considering the recent results, I imagine the legislature would lose.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #890 on: August 18, 2021, 04:20:26 PM »

You voted for him.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #891 on: August 18, 2021, 04:40:21 PM »

You voted for him.

He also voted "No" on the recall.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #892 on: August 18, 2021, 04:54:38 PM »

You voted for him.

He also voted "No" on the recall.

Which doesn’t invalidate his vote on the second question.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #893 on: August 18, 2021, 06:23:35 PM »

John Cox was served a subpeona over unpaid bills from his 2018 campaign at the debate.

A process server interrupted California's gubernatorial debate Tuesday night, throwing papers at a GOP candidate who's been ordered to pay nearly $100,000 to a consultant for work from 2018.

The odd scene unfolded at the Guild Theater in Sacramento as Republicans faced off in the race to unseat Gov. Gavin Newsom in next month's recall election.

As the debate began and San Diego businessman John Cox was introducing himself, private investigator Aman Choudhry walked to the stage, tossed papers at the candidate's feet and shouted: "John Cox, you've been served; San Diego Superior Court order by the judge."

A San Diego judge has ordered Cox to pay $97,587.43 to Sandler-Innocenzi, an Alexandria, Virginia, company that makes political ads.

The judgement stems from an original $55,000 bill that Cox's campaign didn't pay Sandler-Innocenzi for television spots it produced for his 2018 gubernatorial run, founding partner Jim Innocenzi told NBC News on Wednesday.

An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #894 on: August 18, 2021, 11:23:21 PM »

Still trying to decide who to vote for in the second question. Kinda leaning toward Angelyne tbh. Completely nuts, but with no base, so the legislature could just impeach her immediately.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #895 on: August 18, 2021, 11:32:19 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2021, 11:46:47 PM by brucejoel99 »

Still trying to decide who to vote for in the second question. Kinda leaning toward Angelyne tbh. Completely nuts, but with no base, so the legislature could just impeach her immediately.

I've advised my Californian friends - who are all for "No" on recall, for what it's worth - to vote for Faulconer if they care about having (as much) good government (as possible), or Paffrath if they well-&-truly just can't bring themselves to vote for somebody with an "(R)" next to their name, while having made clear that the former should be a significantly more important factor to be taken into consideration than - if not the only factor to be taken into consideration over - the latter.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #896 on: August 18, 2021, 11:38:46 PM »

So whoever I vote for in the second question will be the first person I ever vote for in the US, and I don’t think I want that person to be Paffrath or any of the other losers on the ballot, so I just might not vote for a replacement.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #897 on: August 18, 2021, 11:51:34 PM »

So whoever I vote for in the second question will be the first person I ever vote for in the US, and I don’t think I want that person to be Paffrath or any of the other losers on the ballot, so I just might not vote for a replacement.

If you're voting for "No" on the first question, then Newsom will technically be the first person whom you ever vote for in the U.S. (& congrats on your first time voting here, btw!). In this instance, consider your vote on the second question as less of a vote for somebody - since you voted for Newsom - & more of an "in case of emergency"-type insurance policy.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #898 on: August 19, 2021, 12:40:03 AM »

If you're voting for "No" on the first question, then Newsom will technically be the first person whom you ever vote for in the U.S. (& congrats on your first time voting here, btw!). In this instance, consider your vote on the second question as less of a vote for somebody - since you voted for Newsom - & more of an "in case of emergency"-type insurance policy.

Kind of, I mean I’m not voting to elect Newsom but rather keep him on the first question, and also maybe I’m so dissatisfied with the recall that I don’t even want to bother giving anyone in the clown car my vote.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #899 on: August 19, 2021, 03:27:12 AM »

My ballot showed up in the mail today, which was the first reminder in several months that a recall is even happening.

Here are my favorite non-Angelyne candidates in the Voter Information Guide For Confused & Very Concerned Californians:

Might as well install an actual Tankie to run Commiefornia.  I'll bet his managers at Walmart are very interested in his extracurricular activities.  They probably put up a sign in the break room saying "Don't talk to Dennis, and tell us if he tries talking to you about ANYTHING".

"I used to be addicted to drugs, but then I stopped!  I had a great job, but drugs.  Here is my education history as well: I earned a PhD in DRUGS."

And then everyone stood up and clapped.

And now the "A for Effort" gang:

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 100  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies