CA-GOV 2022: SD Mayor Kevin Faulconer to run?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 10, 2021, 01:58:45 PM

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, Gass3268, Virginiá)
  CA-GOV 2022: SD Mayor Kevin Faulconer to run?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]
Author Topic: CA-GOV 2022: SD Mayor Kevin Faulconer to run?  (Read 12865 times)
PizzaGaetz
Fubart Solman
Concerned Citizen
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: April 07, 2021, 12:31:20 PM »

Caitlyn Jenner may run for governor of California, according to new report

A report from Axios states that Jenner has been privately consulting with political advisors about being a candidate, making her incumbent Gov. Gavin Newsom's biggest opponent yet, if the rumors are true.

lol
leecannon_
leecannon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #451 on: April 07, 2021, 01:19:34 PM »

A report from Axios states that Jenner has been privately consulting with political advisors about being a candidate, making her incumbent Gov. Gavin Newsom's biggest opponent yet, if the rumors are true.

lol

She’d probably be the least embarrassed/fascistic Republican the party can put forward
MR. KAYNE WEST
olawakandi
Atlas Legend
Jamaica

Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #452 on: April 07, 2021, 01:25:38 PM »

The polls already showed that D's are gonna win the Recall
Pink Panther
Rookie

« Reply #453 on: April 07, 2021, 01:28:45 PM »

lol

I wonder how Evangelicals are reacting to this news?
PizzaGaetz
Fubart Solman
Concerned Citizen
United States

« Reply #454 on: April 07, 2021, 01:30:03 PM »

lol

She’d probably be the least embarrassed/fascistic Republican the party can put forward
The problem with her is that being a transgender woman is a great way to alienate Republicans and being a Republican is a great way to alienate Democrats.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

P P P

« Reply #455 on: April 07, 2021, 02:34:06 PM »

lol

Buckle up, buckaroos!
Oryxslayer
Concerned Citizen

« Reply #456 on: April 07, 2021, 02:48:56 PM »

lol

The problem with her is that being a transgender woman is a great way to alienate Republicans and being a Republican is a great way to alienate Democrats.

All I see is a fourth semi-serious GOP'er attempting to enter a field already too divided to allow the party to walk the narrow tightrope to victory.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -1.91

« Reply #457 on: April 07, 2021, 03:11:19 PM »

But the game here is not to win outright, it's to make enough people prefer one of the alternatives to Newsom. If there is a subset of people who would otherwise vote No who will vote Yes/Jenner, that is a good thing for all the other candidates, because the big hurdle is getting the first question under 50%. If that happens, then someone can win with 15% or whatever.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #458 on: April 07, 2021, 03:35:08 PM »

lol
Fascistic probably not but she would definitely be embarrassing. Jenner is a joke within the queer community for endorsing people like Ted Cruz and caring more about her personal image than speaking out against violations of LGBTQ rights. Not to mention she literally killed a man in a SUV accident. The only people that like her are people who see her as inoffensive and she would definitely face increased scrutiny if she actually got elevated to elected office somehow.
May he Rest in Peace
LordRichard

« Reply #459 on: April 07, 2021, 11:16:55 PM »

lol

All I see is a fourth semi-serious GOP'er attempting to enter a field already too divided to allow the party to walk the narrow tightrope to victory.
This, though I've got a hunch the House members are gonna try to line behind Faulconer, having gotten that vibe from Mike, it won't matter, if dems have only one person running, they'll win
Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas)
Interlocutor
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #460 on: April 07, 2021, 11:30:24 PM »

Been almost a week and still no juicy revelation or Sacramento Democrat entering the race.

A week (Or two) later and still radio silence.

I don't think either are gonna happen.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Concerned Citizen

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #461 on: April 07, 2021, 11:41:51 PM »

Seems like the BIG REVELATION was the affair thing. Any Democrat who's smart, especially Villa, is going to hold their fire until closer to the election when we can see if Gavin is touchable or not.
Interlocutor
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #462 on: April 07, 2021, 11:45:28 PM »

Seems like the BIG REVELATION was the affair thing. Any Democrat who's smart, especially Villa, is going to hold their fire until closer to the election when we can see if Gavin is touchable or not.

The only outlet I saw bring up the story was that Cerritos one. And is there a deadline for when replacement candidates can qualify for the recall? I guess it depends when the recall qualifies, but doesn't it have to be voted on in like 120 days?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Concerned Citizen

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #463 on: April 08, 2021, 03:13:04 AM »

The only outlet I saw bring up the story was that Cerritos one. And is there a deadline for when replacement candidates can qualify for the recall? I guess it depends when the recall qualifies, but doesn't it have to be voted on in like 120 days?

Basically what I gather is that somewhere in the grand Sacramento game of telephone, someone misinterpreted “Los Cerritos Times” or whatever as something slightly different, which wasn’t an actual outlet but also wasn’t debunkable as a hack outlet. And this led to the rumor mill spinning out of control.

No idea when people have to qualify for the recall and I’m too tired to look it up
President Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #464 on: April 08, 2021, 03:49:38 AM »

south dakota mayor kevin faulconer
PizzaGaetz
Fubart Solman
Concerned Citizen
United States

« Reply #465 on: April 09, 2021, 05:58:46 PM »

Basically what I gather is that somewhere in the grand Sacramento game of telephone, someone misinterpreted “Los Cerritos Times” or whatever as something slightly different, which wasn’t an actual outlet but also wasn’t debunkable as a hack outlet. And this led to the rumor mill spinning out of control.

No idea when people have to qualify for the recall and I’m too tired to look it up

Yeah, I have no idea either. Not holding my breath at this point in regards to the potential scandal.
Interlocutor
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #466 on: Today at 04:49:21 AM »

Feels like this thread is on life support until the recall verification (+ "Here we go" & "It's on" posts).

And even after that, I feel this is gonna be a very uneventful recall unless COVID recovery goes down the toilet in the next 2 months.
CalamityBlue
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

« Reply #467 on: Today at 12:17:30 PM »

Feels like this thread is on life support until the recall verification (+ "Here we go" & "It's on" posts).

And even after that, I feel this is gonna be a very uneventful recall unless COVID recovery goes down the toilet in the next 2 months.

B-b-b-but what's going to happen to all the cons who blew their loads fantasizing about Gavin Mussolini being recalled for personally going around strangling small business owners with reusable plastic bags?
PizzaGaetz
Fubart Solman
Concerned Citizen
United States

« Reply #468 on: Today at 12:35:16 PM »

Yeah, things are on track for a decent recovery imo. Covid rates are low and vaccination rates are going nowhere but up.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies