CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:13:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 100
Author Topic: CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread  (Read 123618 times)
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2021, 08:50:07 PM »

Lol what SoCal Assemblymen (assuming they’re men) have the juice to try something like this
She used "he" pronouns, said "a couple" more than once, and said they took the plane with her, at least once. If anyone could figure it out based off that, please, have at it.

You know what, I’m gonna play this. So Assemblywoman Martinez Valladares lives in Santa Clarita, so I’m guessing she’d be using either LAX or perhaps more likely, Burbank.

Chris Holden, Adrin Nazarian, and Ed Chau are my prime suspects. They’ve all been in office since 2012. The first two would be especially likely to use Burbank.

Looking online, Chris Holden has specifically said he opposes the recall. Nazarian and Chau have both praised Newsom really highly on social media recently. Obv that doesn't rule out a No On Recall, Yes On Bustamante situation, but given how this is breaking down on pro-and-anti-Newsom lines, might suggest something.

So far (halfway through the 20 SoCal Dem Assemblymen) the most likely person is Richard Bloom of Santa Monica.

I had thought about Bloom, but he seems like he would be far more likely to use LAX. Now, that doesn’t mean that Assm. woman M-V doesn’t use LAX, but I would bet that she uses Burbank because LA area traffic is of course infamous.
Bloom seems to have a relatively active Wikipedia page as well, lots of edits the last few months.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2021, 08:56:49 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2021, 09:02:10 PM by Mike Thick »

I think you guys are reading a little too much into the airport thing? Like, the vast majority of people just use LAX regardless of traffic.

I ruled out people who oppose the recall or recently praised Newsom publicly, and people who are currently in their first term in the Assembly. I got this list:

Richard Bloom
Freddie Rodriguez
Eduardo Garcia
Tom Daly

Rodriguez and Garcia both endorsed Villa in 2018, for what that's worth. Daly isn't on social media so I couldn't really pin him down.

EDIT: Bloom stated opposition to the recall and praised Newsom in this piece. So we can rule him out.

EDIT2: Forgot to put Al Muratsuchi on the list.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #427 on: March 24, 2021, 09:08:36 PM »

I think you guys are reading a little too much into the airport thing? Like, the vast majority of people just use LAX regardless of traffic.

I ruled out people who oppose the recall or recently praised Newsom publicly, and people who are currently in their first term in the Assembly. I got this list:

Richard Bloom
Freddie Rodriguez
Eduardo Garcia
Tom Daly

Rodriguez and Garcia both endorsed Villa in 2018, for what that's worth. Daly isn't on social media so I couldn't really pin him down.

EDIT: Bloom stated opposition to the recall and praised Newsom in this piece. So we can rule him out.

This is Atlas though. We thrive on “Rain in NoVA means Dems are going to lose” types of tea leaf reading.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #428 on: March 24, 2021, 09:09:45 PM »

Richard Bloom
Freddie Rodriguez
Eduardo Garcia
Tom Daly

Perhaps, just gave us an area of connection.
Well well well, Mr. Garcia here had his page updated yesterday.
Daly has a long one, though that may be virtue of his long career. Being that he's from Orange, and Newsom barley carried the county, that could be an interesting angle for a base.
Rodriguez had his page edited yesterday too, but it was by the same guy as Garcia, so I don't think that actually matters anymore.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #429 on: March 24, 2021, 09:18:10 PM »

SNIP

This is Atlas though. We thrive on “Rain in NoVA means Dems are going to lose” types of tea leaf reading.
So for Al Muratsuchi, we have an edit that changed his personal life section, from

"Muratsuchi grew up in Okinawa, then administered by the United States military, and his father was a civilian employee of the United States Army. Due to his father's job he was raised on various military bases overseas.[1] He attended the University of California, Berkeley and UCLA School of Law."

to
"Muratsuchi grew up in Okinawa, then administered by the United States military. His father, a 2nd-generation Gifu descent, was a civilian employee of the United States Army, and his mother came from Tochigi Prefecture. Due to his father's job he was raised on various military bases overseas. He attended the University of California, Berkeley and UCLA School of Law. He is married to Hiroko Higuchi (樋口博子), a columnist from Ashiya, Hyōgo."

In addition, both of his twitter accounts, have, logically, been filled with tweets about Asian hate crimes. Combine this with someone increasing all of the Asian references in his bio, seems like up to something, though this is a stretch. He also has a tweet that seems kinda weird, saying that the State of State isn't the same during Covid, just felt kinda off to me.
https://twitter.com/AMuratsuchi/status/1369548587458170880
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #430 on: March 24, 2021, 11:07:16 PM »

He also has a tweet that seems kinda weird, saying that the State of State isn't the same during Covid, just felt kinda off to me.

That is something of an odd tweet, I will say.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #431 on: March 24, 2021, 11:28:53 PM »

He also has a tweet that seems kinda weird, saying that the State of State isn't the same during Covid, just felt kinda off to me.

That is something of an odd tweet, I will say.
I'm not sure it means anything, but, along with the update, his utter lack of denunciation of recall, it seems like he could be our guy.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #432 on: March 24, 2021, 11:33:47 PM »

On another tangent, oh God
https://twitter.com/rpyers/status/1374935649787121664
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #433 on: March 24, 2021, 11:35:55 PM »

Elsewhere in that piece: VILLA and Steyer are the main two Dems being watched to jump in.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #434 on: March 25, 2021, 12:11:17 AM »

I hope Steyer jumps in
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #435 on: March 25, 2021, 12:17:43 AM »

That would be hilarious and something I’d expect from 2020. But who knows what tomorrow will bring...
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #436 on: March 25, 2021, 01:36:46 AM »

Digging into twitter more, I found this site which claims that Newsom is having an affair with a staffer.

I would consider this unverified until a better source comes along, but this could be it.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #437 on: March 25, 2021, 09:25:16 AM »

iirc he slept with a staffers wife or something before, so wouldn't be out of his wheelhouse.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #438 on: March 25, 2021, 01:41:42 PM »

I’m honestly kind of underwhelmed? Like I thought this was going to be “Gavin groped a staffer” or “Gavin made up the metrics he used to reopen the state early”
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #439 on: March 25, 2021, 02:07:00 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2021, 02:46:20 PM by Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas) »

I’m honestly kind of underwhelmed? Like I thought this was going to be “Gavin groped a staffer” or “Gavin made up the metrics he used to reopen the state early”

Based on how overblown folks are making it in the last 24 hours (Whatever "it" even is right now), it was never gonna be as juicy as the suspense made it seem.

Also, haven't seen anything juicy outside of that one Cerritos site. And with the announcement of eligibility requirements being lifted in 3 weeks, I'm sure it'll be buried today (Though I'm sure the timing will bring about conspiracies).

Though that also makes me wonder where this rumor mill started in the last 24 hours. Random Twitter? "Anonymous sources"? Just seems like typical forum overreaction (Not even getting into the airport & Wikipedia edits discussion).
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #440 on: March 25, 2021, 03:25:02 PM »

Based on how overblown folks are making it in the last 24 hours (Whatever "it" even is right now), it was never gonna be as juicy as the suspense made it seem.

Also, haven't seen anything juicy outside of that one Cerritos site. And with the announcement of eligibility requirements being lifted in 3 weeks, I'm sure it'll be buried today (Though I'm sure the timing will bring about conspiracies).

Though that also makes me wonder where this rumor mill started in the last 24 hours. Random Twitter? "Anonymous sources"? Just seems like typical forum overreaction (Not even getting into the airport & Wikipedia edits discussion).

From what I’m hearing, it started in the Capitol.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #441 on: March 25, 2021, 04:08:14 PM »

Well, that's for trying to find the two people I've been told are interested
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #442 on: March 31, 2021, 05:37:06 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2021, 12:41:45 PM by Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas) »

Been almost a week and still no juicy revelation or Sacramento Democrat entering the race.

While we wait, the latest PPIC poll was published in the last few hours:

PPIC poll (March 14-23,  last poll was Jan 21-31)
1706 residents & 1174 likely voters, MoE +/- 3.3, English/Spanish

Newsom job approval

All Adults
Approve          
54%  (Unchanged since last poll)
Disapprove     36%  (Unchanged)
N/A                  10%  (Unchanged)

Likely Voters
Approve          
53%  (+1)
Disapprove     42%  (-1)
N/A                    5%  (Unchanged)

"If a special election to recall Governor Newsom were held today, would you vote yes to remove Newsom as governor or no to keep Newsom as governor?" (Wasn't asked in the last poll)
Yes
                       40%
No                         56%
N/A                         5%

All adults crosstab
Likely voters crosstab
LA Times article
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #443 on: March 31, 2021, 09:06:19 AM »

Just realized there's Wikipedia election article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_California_gubernatorial_recall_election
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2021, 12:06:24 PM »

Tom Steyer could definitely win against an INCUMBENT Gov, of Newsom is recalled though
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #445 on: April 01, 2021, 03:37:54 PM »

I think it’s pretty new. I don’t recall there being one last week when I was trying to look it up.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #446 on: April 07, 2021, 12:31:20 PM »

Caitlyn Jenner may run for governor of California, according to new report

A report from Axios states that Jenner has been privately consulting with political advisors about being a candidate, making her incumbent Gov. Gavin Newsom's biggest opponent yet, if the rumors are true.

lol
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #447 on: April 07, 2021, 01:19:34 PM »

A report from Axios states that Jenner has been privately consulting with political advisors about being a candidate, making her incumbent Gov. Gavin Newsom's biggest opponent yet, if the rumors are true.

lol

She’d probably be the least embarrassed/fascistic Republican the party can put forward
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #448 on: April 07, 2021, 01:25:38 PM »

The polls already showed that D's are gonna win the Recall
Pink Panther

« Reply #449 on: April 07, 2021, 01:28:45 PM »

lol

I wonder how Evangelicals are reacting to this news?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 100  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies