CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:02:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 100
Author Topic: CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread  (Read 123928 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: April 23, 2021, 08:49:17 AM »

She is going to fail spectacularly.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #476 on: April 23, 2021, 08:51:04 AM »

I really dunno why the GOP is putting so much effort into this and why there are multiple candidates seeking a run in a Titanium blue state with a gov who has his party united behind him. Do they think it's still 2003 or what?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #477 on: April 23, 2021, 09:25:47 AM »

I really dunno why the GOP is putting so much effort into this and why there are multiple candidates seeking a run in a Titanium blue state with a gov who has his party united behind him. Do they think it's still 2003 or what?

A state as big as California will naturally have more divisions, less communication, and offer a platform for those with ambition elsewhere. There is a reason why four GOP'ers are now gonna run, each offering something a little different.

There's also the thought that the GOP now understands the recall will fail spectacularly, so the clown car is showing up because the goal has now shifted from victory to secondary benefits.
Pink Panther

« Reply #478 on: April 23, 2021, 09:38:33 AM »

This is going to make things worse for the GOP. Jenner is a joke, with a good chunk of the base having beef with her due to her being transgender. However, some potential GOP voters are going to vote for her over other GOP candidates, splitting the base,  while the recall effort looks to fail.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #479 on: April 23, 2021, 11:02:24 AM »

Dead on arrival
CityofSinners
Rookie

« Reply #480 on: April 23, 2021, 11:32:56 AM »

There will be a million comparison to Arnold Schwarzenegger. Arnold was a much better candidate

He had higher name-id and a better image. Schwarzenegger was active in (GOP) politics including ballot measures.
Jenner is really untested.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #481 on: April 23, 2021, 12:00:46 PM »

Endorsed
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #482 on: April 23, 2021, 12:06:49 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2021, 05:15:20 PM by We Made PA Blue Again! »

There will be a million comparison to Arnold Schwarzenegger. Arnold was a much better candidate

He had higher name-id and a better image. Schwarzenegger was active in (GOP) politics including ballot measures.

Also: California is a much bluer and inelastic state today than it was back in 2003.

Not to mention that no Democrats are going to vote for her because she's a Republican, and a very large chunk of Republicans aren't going to support her simply because she's trans. I honestly don't understand how she thinks she even has a chance.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #483 on: April 23, 2021, 12:35:49 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2021, 02:50:39 PM by Monstro Doesn't Say Anything Interesting »

Both of these may as well be describing the recall.

Also, the GOP now has an establishment-backed politician who half the base can't stand, a Trump-backed official who half the base can't stand, their previous gubernatorial loser, a former Congressman who hasn't held office since Schwarzenegger's first term & now a transgender celebrity. All fighting over a base constantly in a tug-of-war between the moderate or MAGA platforms.

I'll be shocked if the party comes out of this unscathed. I know they were gonna look schizophrenic during this year, but it could exceed even my expectations.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #484 on: April 23, 2021, 01:02:02 PM »

So the GOP vote is gonna be split 4 ways Doug Ose Kevin Faulconer John Cox Caitlyn Jenner and meanwhile the Democrat candidates have yet to announce. Pelosi did a really smart move by saying that we only need one democrat in the race because if the recall passes the gop vote is split a lot already its really smart politics. I don't see the recall passing though but its a good idea to keep the democratic vote consolidated.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #485 on: April 23, 2021, 01:04:10 PM »

I honestly hope the CAGOP doesn’t have a debate cause I’m sure one candidate would constantly misgender her on purpose
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #486 on: April 23, 2021, 01:10:14 PM »

I honestly hope the CAGOP doesn’t have a debate cause I’m sure one candidate would constantly misgender her on purpose

I've been reading comments on RRH Elections and City Data, and unsurprisingly, the main objection which they (Republicans or conservatives) have with Jenner is that she is transgender. Although not everyone within a single group shares the same views (obviously), I'm still somewhat perplexed by the increasing prominence of LGBT Republicans, at least as they have been publicized within the media. And as the vote on the Equality Act, as well as the "transgender sports" and "transgender bathroom" bills that have been introduced at the state level, make clear, the Republican Party as a whole remains hostile to their issues and concerns.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #487 on: April 23, 2021, 01:28:36 PM »

I've been reading comments on RRH Elections and City Data, and unsurprisingly, the main objection which they (Republicans or conservatives) have with Jenner is that she is transgender. Although not everyone within a single group shares the same views (obviously), I'm still somewhat perplexed by the increasing prominence of LGBT Republicans, at least as they have been publicized within the media. And as the vote on the Equality Act, as well as the "transgender sports" and "transgender bathroom" bills that have been introduced at the state level, make clear, the Republican Party as a whole remains hostile to their issues and concerns.

As a gay, don’t get me started on LGBT republicans.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #488 on: April 23, 2021, 01:49:23 PM »

Also: California is a much bluer state today than it was back in 2003. Partisanship is also through the roof.

And Ahnuld was a pretty moderate Republican.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #489 on: April 23, 2021, 02:29:30 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2021, 04:39:48 PM by NerdyBohemian »

If she’s the nominee it’s gonna be great seeing all these Republicans sing her praises as if they haven’t been targeting trans people over the last three months.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #490 on: April 23, 2021, 02:47:19 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2021, 02:52:28 PM by Monstro Doesn't Say Anything Interesting »

I'm expecting it at this point. This is gonna be an embarrassing year for the CA GOP (Before what could also be an embarrassing 2022 for them)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #491 on: April 23, 2021, 03:43:50 PM »

In a VBM Election, Rs weren't gonna win anyways, unless it's a celebrity candidate
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #492 on: April 23, 2021, 03:45:07 PM »

Also: California is a much bluer state today than it was back in 2003. Partisanship is also through the roof.

And Ahnuld was a pretty moderate Republican.

What would happen if Jenner called her opponents "economic girlie men"?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #493 on: April 23, 2021, 05:51:23 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2021, 11:24:17 PM by It Was Predetermined That You Would Read This Username »

Endorsed. California did so well under the Terminator, I can only imagine we'd do even better under a Transformer.

(Have a sense of humor YE, for god's sake)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #494 on: April 23, 2021, 06:27:25 PM »

Dead on arrival

Rather like the elderly woman she hit while speeding.

For that reason alone, she's not going anywhere.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #495 on: April 23, 2021, 06:54:17 PM »

Also: California is a much bluer and inelastic state today than it was back in 2003.

Not to mention that no Democrats are going to vote for her because she's a Republican, and a very large chunk of Republicans aren't going to support her simply because she's trans. I honestly don't understand how she thinks she even has a chance.
It's not about winning, It's about getting the brand free press, Just like everything else with that family it's all about the grift.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #496 on: April 23, 2021, 07:31:55 PM »

Caitlyn Jenner might as well be Meghan McCain-someone who appeals to absolutely no one and seems to find a way to piss off every possible type of political demographic. I don't know if she knows this, and actually thinks she can win, but if so then it truly is entirely a vanity campaign. If we're lucky she'll be a footnote in this possible election like Kanye West was in 2020, in spite of their celebrity...and relationship to Kim Kardashian.

Is our politics just going become Six Degrees of Kardashian at this point? Trump even factors into that!
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #497 on: April 23, 2021, 08:43:51 PM »

Unless the pro-recall folks run a flawless campaign, COVID recovery takes a sudden nosedive and Newsom's standing looks perilous by August, all this talk of Caitlyn Jenner's chances & campaign skills are moot.

As of now, I predict Newsom defeating the recall by anywhere between 57-43 or 60-40
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #498 on: April 23, 2021, 09:08:09 PM »

It would be great if Caitlyn Jenner lost because she's a terrible person with terrible positions. Unfortunately, she'll probably lose because she's trans.
Galeel
Oashigo
United States

« Reply #499 on: April 23, 2021, 10:20:52 PM »

It's hard for me to think of a single candidate who appeals to fewer people than Caitlyn Jenner
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 100  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies