Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman passes away
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:34:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman passes away
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman passes away  (Read 1335 times)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2020, 12:39:31 AM »
« edited: August 29, 2020, 12:46:49 AM by GP270watch »

Imma need this year erased from my mind, horrible year.

RIP he was very talented.

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2020, 01:35:45 AM »

Tragic news. I was shocked (and still am) when I first heard of his passing. This year has been a truly horrific year. Rest in Power to Chadwick Boseman. Wakanda Forever.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2020, 01:55:21 AM »

I think my heart actually stopped. I'm just in absolute disbelief. This hurts, a lot.

My heart goes out to his family. Rest in power, & Wakanda forever.
this
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2020, 05:50:33 AM »

Devastating.

I don't have any other words right now...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2020, 06:33:40 AM »

Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2020, 06:52:34 AM »

A gentle person and very talented actor taken way, way too soon.  He struck me as the sort of person you would want as a friend.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2020, 08:04:11 AM »

RIP, FF.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2020, 08:07:57 AM »

RIP man
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2020, 11:15:30 AM »

RIP FF
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2020, 12:01:36 PM »

Bad day for famous people's colons. Not that that's the point, obviously, but it's a mildly eerie coincidence.

Rest in power, FF. If anyone in this thread hasn't seen Da 5 Bloods yet, they should.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2020, 12:13:06 PM »

I hate 2020. AAAGHHHHH

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2020, 01:23:42 PM »

😢

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2020, 02:05:05 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2020, 03:44:24 PM »

So does this mean Shuri will be the new Black Panther in the sequel?

I don't know if right now is the time to start talking about swapping him out with a different character. It's just too soon.

I'm surprised he was cast as Black Panther if the producers were aware of this. Just goes to show how much they wanted him for the role if they were willing to take the risk.

He was cast in late 2014 & - according to reports - diagnosed in 2016, so this wouldn't have been known at the time. But the fact that - with the exception of Civil War - he shot all of his MCU appearances while battling cancer just makes him even more of an absolute f**king legend. I can't even begin to imagine filming major motion pictures while dealing with this.

While it would have been slightly awkward to recast the part after Civil War, it wouldn't have been nearly as difficult as it will be now. Hopefully they have shot some footage that could be used to justify a new Black Panther, either intentionally or as something that didn't make it into one of the other movies.

Just kill him off (how can be explained in exposition) and give Shuri the title. Then you don't need to cast anyone else.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2020, 05:13:40 PM »

So does this mean Shuri will be the new Black Panther in the sequel?

I don't know if right now is the time to start talking about swapping him out with a different character. It's just too soon.

I'm surprised he was cast as Black Panther if the producers were aware of this. Just goes to show how much they wanted him for the role if they were willing to take the risk.

He was cast in late 2014 & - according to reports - diagnosed in 2016, so this wouldn't have been known at the time. But the fact that - with the exception of Civil War - he shot all of his MCU appearances while battling cancer just makes him even more of an absolute f**king legend. I can't even begin to imagine filming major motion pictures while dealing with this.

While it would have been slightly awkward to recast the part after Civil War, it wouldn't have been nearly as difficult as it will be now. Hopefully they have shot some footage that could be used to justify a new Black Panther, either intentionally or as something that didn't make it into one of the other movies.

Just kill him off (how can be explained in exposition) and give Shuri the title. Then you don't need to cast anyone else.

That's almost certainly how they'll have to do it, it just would be easier if there were visuals that didn't reek of excessive CGI to use in place of exposition.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2020, 05:45:15 PM »

I audibly yelled "what the s***!? No!" when I first heard this. It's a really tragic shocker and yet another tally mark on 2020's rap sheet.

Is this real?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2020, 09:11:23 PM »

Yes.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2020, 01:14:55 AM »

Wait, 800,000 people have died from a preventable disease, global supply chains are collapsing, millions of Americans have been forced into unemployment, and now to top it all off, the star of Marvel's twelfth-best movie has died??? OMG, f**k you 2020!!!1!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2020, 05:45:34 AM »

That's almost certainly how they'll have to do it, it just would be easier if there were visuals that didn't reek of excessive CGI to use in place of exposition.

Not a chance in hell. Black Panther has become a too important and lucrative character to just toss him aside. I won't be surprised if Marvel has already chosen the next actor who will portray him (probably with Boseman's blessing too).
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2020, 10:46:42 AM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2020, 11:48:33 AM »

I wouldn't expect that sort of thing out of Schumer.

Wait, 800,000 people have died from a preventable disease, global supply chains are collapsing, millions of Americans have been forced into unemployment, and now to top it all off, the star of Marvel's twelfth-best movie has died??? OMG, f**k you 2020!!!1!

Come on now, John Dule. You're not wrong about any of that, but an unexpected death from a well-liked celebrity can still contribute to the innumerable miseries wrought by this calendar year, even if it's a lesser one in the grand scheme of things.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2020, 02:02:06 PM »

Not a chance in hell. Black Panther has become a too important and lucrative character to just toss him aside. I won't be surprised if Marvel has already chosen the next actor who will portray him (probably with Boseman's blessing too).

Shuri has already served as the successor to T'Challa in the comics as the Black Panther, albeit only long enough to help bring him back from the dead, so a movie based on that storyline is certainly one way they could transition to a new male actor playing T'Challa. But keeping her as the Black Panther would be a fairly easy way to add to the number of WoC superheroes in the MCU.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »

Shuri has already served as the successor to T'Challa in the comics as the Black Panther, albeit only long enough to help bring him back from the dead, so a movie based on that storyline is certainly one way they could transition to a new male actor playing T'Challa. But keeping her as the Black Panther would be a fairly easy way to add to the number of WoC superheroes in the MCU.

The comics are the comics and the movies are the movies. Shuri might be popular but she ain't T'Challa and will never be. I'm confident that by next summer, when Black Panther 2 will start production, Marvel would have announced Boseman's successor.   
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2020, 04:47:28 PM »

The comics are the comics and the movies are the movies. Shuri might be popular but she ain't T'Challa and will never be. I'm confident that by next summer, when Black Panther 2 will start production, Marvel would have announced Boseman's successor.   

Probably depends in part on how well Wonder Woman 1984 and Black Widow do later this year. In any case, simply having another actor take over the role of T'Challa is not a viable option.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2020, 05:46:50 PM »

Probably depends in part on how well Wonder Woman 1984 and Black Widow do later this year. In any case, simply having another actor take over the role of T'Challa is not a viable option.

Of course it is. They replaced Edward Norton with Mark Ruffalo and it worked just fine. Batman, Superman, James Bond, all iconic heroes that have been recast numerous times. It's the character that matters, not the actor.

And no, WW84 and Black Widow have nothing to do with what happens with Black Panther. Shuri can't replace T'Challa anymore than Bat-girl can replace Batman and Spider-woman can replace Spider-man.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies