NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:10:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127625 times)
Donald Wilders
Rookie
Netherlands

« on: June 19, 2021, 09:55:40 PM »

A friend of mine from NYC who is a proud Trump voter, living in eastern Queens, told me he ranked people from his personal life as #1 on all the races but decided to rank Yang #2 and no one else for the Mayoral race. He considers Yang to be the least bad Democrat due to being an outsider who isn't as far-left as others, and thinks Adams is being a political chameleon from the establishment machine rather than a true law&order candidate. He also could be the very first person in NYC to vote for Yang in-person, having arrived early enough to be 4th in line over half an hour before the polls opened at 8:00AM.

If you want some more demographic indicators, he is twenty-six years old and Asian. He voted for Tulsi Gabbard in the 2020 Democratic Primaries last year, became a citizen in between 2016 and 2020, then voted for Trump in his first Presidential election. He actually met Paperboy Prince years ago and is somewhat friendly with him on social media even though he refused to rank Paperboy, which he somewhat regrets right now because Paperboy is a nice guy. He is possibly one of the most pro-Trump people in the country, easily among the most avid Trump supporters in New York City.

Apparently he was fourth in line despite arriving 40 minutes early. The first three were older black voters, he made conversation with the 3rd-in-line who was an older black woman but didn't bother asking who she was going to vote for. The fifth in line after him was another black woman. The sixth in line was a young college aged Asian male.

The campaign workers setting up the place were apparently a mix of older black women and middle aged Asian males, with a couple Caucasians who might have been Ashkenazi Jewish. The early voting location was in this neighborhood called Kew Gardens Hills. As he left, he passed by this middle aged Asian male campaign worker with a foreign accent who he briefly quipped "maybe we'll have our first Asian mayor?" to which the campaign worker replied "haha I hope so". Also on the way out, he passed by this Andrew Yang campaigner with a table set up flashing gaudy pro-Yang paraphernalia.

He actually knows about this forum too but I don't think he has an account on here at the moment, I cannot quite recall if he ever interacted with anyone on TalkElections before, but I suppose that's a possibility.

So he is a racial minority of the millennial generation who lives in New York City yet voted for President Trump despite being an immigrant?? Wow that is unique but then again a lot of voters defy the stereotypes.

I wonder why Yang over Adams but I guess you explained that enough. Also wait a sec wasn’t there a user like the man you described who was cyber bullied a lot by this forum?? I remember seeing this one user when I read older posts I think he had NYC millennial in his name

Personally I hope Fernando Mateo wins but if not Mateo then Eric Adams or Curtis Sliwa. I am in NYC rn because of business but I do not talk about mayoral election much or any American election much in real life recently
Donald Wilders
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 02:49:18 PM »

I don’t see much campaign stuff here in Manhattan where I am staying with my mother and father doing business. I wish I was in a part of USA right now where they have campaign signs on lawns because I don’t see much. Also I do not see any long lines for voting, is this normal?
Donald Wilders
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 12:54:48 AM »

I will be watching live election results of NYC..in NYC haha isn’t that cool? Sadly I did not get to vote and am too shy to even walk into any polling place to see if I can get away with faking an American identity as a prank
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies