NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:21:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 125634 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: January 11, 2021, 10:20:53 AM »

Hopefully someone can find Yang an extinguisher because he just set his campaign on fire.

“I was very focused on helping Joe and Kamala win, and then helping flip the Senate,” he said, though Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s campaign was not especially fast-paced during the early days of the pandemic. “Most New Yorkers would be very excited about those goals, and are fairly indifferent to where I was doing that work from.”

Any cred he may or may not have had for being relatable and less of a politician-type figure, gone down the drain. Doesn't help him seem remotely more in touch with actual local issues, either...
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 07:53:11 PM »

400:1 student-teacher ratio, Khan Academy replacing regular school for everyone. KaiserDave is probably right about the three most normal candidates.

Giving me flashbacks to my 11th grade US History teacher showing the class clips from Betsy Devos' confirmation hearings.
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 09:56:51 AM »

Hopefully no one needed any more proof that he's the true right-winger in the field by this point, but if they did somehow here's some pretty unequivocal proof. The union scorning him probably won't make enough of a dent to seriously harm his chances, and so the paternalistic technocratic austerity future of TikTok Hype Yeshivas soldiers on Fukuyama-esque into reality.
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 12:39:15 PM »

Hopefully no one needed any more proof that he's the true right-winger in the field by this point, but if they did somehow here's some pretty unequivocal proof. The union scorning him probably won't make enough of a dent to seriously harm his chances, and so the paternalistic technocratic austerity future of TikTok Hype Yeshivas soldiers on Fukuyama-esque into reality.

It's a bad take on Yang's part, for sure, but let's not forget that Eric Adams was actually a registered right-winger.

Adams is awful too, but seems to my outsider perspective more clueless than deliberating like Yang is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies