NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:56:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127431 times)
Agafin
Cameroon

« on: June 27, 2021, 11:58:10 AM »

I find it completely ridiculous how long it takes to count votes in some american states (especially when VBM is involved). Seriously, why doesn't every state do like Florida which typically has over 95% of votes counted within a few hours (even though it also has VBM)?
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 04:23:10 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2021, 04:26:53 PM by Agafin »

Exactly these incompetently run elections undermine trust and confidence and make it seem like Trump's BS of election fraud may be sort of true. New York state and the city are a disgrace when it comes to managing elections properly. Not want to sound lecturing here, but sometimes I think you guys just should get out and let us Europeans run your elections. We don't have the issues.

Pretty much this. I've read some people claim that it shouldn't matter how long votes take to be counted so long as the results are accurate but by that logic, even months or years of counting would be A-OK.

For me, the worst thing part about this process is the whole July 12 deadline for counting absentees. That is so ridiculous. Every measure should be taken so as to ensure that ballots (including absentees) are ready to be counted by election night or less than 48 hours later (with the possible exception of military/overseas ballots due to their very special circumstances).
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 01:57:00 AM »

Eyeballing the DFP poll (since it seems to have landed the result), the Garcia/Yang collaboration was a huge success. If my Math is right, Garcia got almost 60% of Yang's second choices in their sample (and over 70% if we exclude the exhausted ballots). I wonder what this means about his ultra-orthodox Jewish support. Either they did not monolithically have Adams as their second choice as we thought, or they in fact did but were overwhelmed by Asians having Garcia as their second choice in a similarly lopsided way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies