NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:34:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127651 times)
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« on: December 13, 2020, 01:33:47 PM »

Especially given that he has almost no chance of being elected Mayor.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 08:53:00 PM »

Endorsed!
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 11:49:33 AM »

Maybe it's because I don't live in NYC, but I don't see a problem here? What's wrong with this video?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 01:02:26 PM »

Is nobody in New York concerned that Yang has no relevant experience? Being Mayor of NYC is a difficult job and I really don't think Yang is up to the task.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 10:33:39 AM »

It's so weird to see that when Yang ran a national campaign just now (though I admittedly say "just now" in relative terms, because holy hell, I can't believe it's already been a year since the primaries ended), he was seen as being a member of the party's progressive wing, given his literal support for Bernie back in 2016 & his having ran on what's (relative to the rest of the country) a hard swipe to progressive economics vis-a-vis a literal UBI, yet now that he's running for Mayor of New York, he's generously considered the center-left moderate of the race.

I suppose a good question that arises from this observation is whether it says more about where Yang's actually been this whole time or about any particular ideological uniqueness on the NYC Dems' part?

Yang's very good at seeming progressive while not actually being progressive. While UBI seems like a progressive policy, and it certainly can be, Yang's version is not. His plan is to basically defund all other forms of welfare to fund it.. Yang has always been to the economic right of most Democrats, he's just good at hiding it.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 02:17:48 PM »

Hoo boy:

Drag him, king.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 03:49:31 PM »

I don't have a horse in this race (And I'd likely support Morales anyway), but you'd think Yang personally murdered nursing home residents & aided Cuomo in his sexual escapades with the hate he's getting in this thread.

It's because being Mayor of NYC is an extremely important and difficult job for which Yang is extraordinarily unqualified. I don't think a Trumpian figure is what New York needs. Plus I don't want Yang to gain further relevance in national politics.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 12:04:51 PM »

Yang is considering making Val Demings (?) police commissioner.

Does he know she's a member of Congress and lives in Florida? Or is there another Val Demings I don't know about?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 11:33:00 AM »

This is a great ad. It's tongue-in-cheek, but not obnoxious, and emphasizes why Stringer is the most qualified candidate. It also shows that he's taking the race seriously, which Yang seems pretty averse to. I also like that the ad doesn't call out Yang directly, but anyone tuned into the race can clearly see it's in response to him.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 03:08:59 PM »

Christ… every time one of these people open their mouths I think I shouldn’t even bother ranking them.

I'll admit Wiley has said some dumb stuff before, but there's nothing wrong with this. I don't even see how this is bad, confronting the housing crisis and police reform are both very noble goals.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 12:55:08 PM »

Wiley would be the favorite if Stringer had dropped out...just sayin'.

So, what's Yang going to do after he (very likely) loses?

Primary Cuomo probably.

Cuomo vs. de Blasio vs. Yang

The primary we deserve.

If that happens, New York is truly doomed.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2021, 10:31:33 AM »

I'm basically for anyone but Adams at this point. That man cannot be allowed to run New York City, he's awful and would be a Republican in any other city.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 08:40:34 PM »

My final ballot:

1) Prince
2) Chang
3) Garcia
4) Yang
5) Wiley

Unfortunately, it looks like the corrupt racist lunatic will win here. RIP New York City — and with it, likely, the United States.

I hate Adams as much as the next guy, probably more actually, but isn't that a tad hyperbolic? I really fail to see how Eric Adams winning the NYC mayoral election will bring about the end of the United States.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies