NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:43:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127457 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: June 06, 2021, 08:17:23 PM »

Why has Yang collapsed to the extent that he has in recent weeks?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 08:30:29 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2021, 10:46:15 AM by Calthrina950 »

Why has Yang collapsed to the extent that he has in recent weeks?

Garcia had a surge, also he was always a crappy candidate coasting on name recognition

I've heard about Garcia's surge, and I saw a report on ABC's This Week earlier today about the mayoral primary. Ocasio-Cortez, it seems, has endorsed the progressive Wiley, who seems to have very radical views on law enforcement. Garcia, on her part, seems to be campaigning as a moderate. Who do you think has the advantage at this point and who do you support?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 11:17:40 AM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

No way I could support Wiley despite AOC's endorsement if this vile piece of excrement is supporting her.

I'm not a fan of Elizabeth Warren, but there are many politicians in both parties who are much worse than she is.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

No way I could support Wiley despite AOC's endorsement if this vile piece of excrement is supporting her.

I'm not a fan of Elizabeth Warren, but there are many politicians in both parties who are much worse than she is.
No she's definitely one of the worst Democrats. You'd have to scrape the bottom of the barrel with people like Donna Shalala and Justin Fairfax for ones worse than her.

There are many other names which I could throw out there, of Democratic politicians who are worse than Warren. But as I said above, I'm not a fan of hers, and I'm convinced she would have lost to Trump last year had she been the Democratic nominee.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 12:19:02 AM »

"Progressive" activists and the media were too busy destroying Yang to care about the insane right-wing things Adam was saying a few months ago.

I mean, that's not really surprising when you consider that Yang is a nationally-known figure who attracted a lot of attention during his 2020 presidential bid and Adams is probably completely unknown to everyone who doesn't live in NYC. (And I believe that Yang had the upper hand in this race until very recently, so he'll naturally catch the most scrutiny.)

This was certainly true for me. I had no idea who Adams was until about a month or two ago, when I began to pay more attention to the mayoral race.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 09:28:02 PM »

Is it safe to say that Andrew Yang's political career is over?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 09:31:12 PM »

Is it safe to say that Andrew Yang's political career is over?

How can something that never really began end?

True. It'll be interesting when the inevitable New York Times obituary about Yang c. 2073 comes out, and what it will say. I'd imagine that he'll be largely forgotten by then.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 09:38:24 AM »

How much longer will it take before we know the final results? Another two weeks?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 09:58:12 PM »

How much longer will it take before we know the final results? Another two weeks?

More like 2-&-a-1/2 weeks, but yeah, it's gonna be a little while longer.

New York's slow counting is a frustrating thing. I can only imagine how much worse the conspiracy theories and the "fraud" lawsuits would have been last year if the counting had been that slow across the country.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 06:53:34 PM »

Well, Adams was neither my first nor second choice, but he certainly hit a nerve with his message on crime. Seems like after eight years of the more left leaning DeBlasio, New Yorkers want to return to the days of Bloomberg in a sense.

Not really. Adams and De Blasio are longtime allies and Adams won a lot of De Blasio's strongest areas (not where the kind of people who get their opinions from NYT podcasts tend to live)

Did they actually run IRV on subregions or you just mean he got a plurality of 1st choice votes?

Yeah I based that off the maps from the first round.

How do you expect Adams to govern? As I've indicated before, I know virtually nothing about him, and didn't even know of his existence prior to this primary.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2021, 03:27:31 PM »

So, Silwa's  Chances of carrying Staten Island? There is enough despisal of deblazio deblasio and, although Adams was a cop, hes not exactly the typical Staten Island voters type of cop for multiple reasons.  It's still such a weak  Candidacy though that navy Adams has a shot there?

I believe Silwa will still carry Staten Island, but it's possible that Adams outperforms DeBlasio there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies