NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:34:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127119 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: June 09, 2021, 09:45:23 AM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

No way I could support Wiley despite AOC's endorsement if this vile piece of excrement is supporting her.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 10:14:44 AM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

No way I could support Wiley despite AOC's endorsement if this vile piece of excrement is supporting her.
Good to see that you wouldn't support Joe Biden because Elizabeth Warren supports him.
She obviously didn't in the primary!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 12:01:47 PM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

I'm not a fan of Elizabeth Warren, but there are many politicians in both parties who are much worse than she is.
No she's definitely one of the worst Democrats. You'd have to scrape the bottom of the barrel with people like Donna Shalala and Justin Fairfax for ones worse than her.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 01:07:52 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2021, 01:11:50 PM by The End to the Epic »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

I'm not a fan of Elizabeth Warren, but there are many politicians in both parties who are much worse than she is.
No she's definitely one of the worst Democrats. You'd have to scrape the bottom of the barrel with people like Donna Shalala and Justin Fairfax for ones worse than her.

What is wrong with Warren? Also Joe Manchin, Joe Lieberman, Henry Cuellar, Kurt Schrader, and John Bel Edwards are all worse than Shalala or Warren. Your hatred of Shalala and Warren is so bizarre.

Lieberman isn't a Democrat anymore.

The problem with Warren is she's a dishonest snake (see what she said about Bernie) and her entire campaign was just about idol virtue signaling and nothing to help out working people. Biden though I didn't support him is actually turning out to be a great example of what the party needs, he's pushing for a lot to help out ordinary people that Trump doesn't give a sh!t about instead of wasting his time with such virtue signaling. Also for that reason Biden beat Trump and Warren would've likely lost. To top it all off Warren has shown DEEP disrespect to the Native American and Latino communities.

And Shalala is an absolute ghoul. She's actually an enemy of working people, in fact one the chaplains at the University she was President of even flat out called her "an enemy of the working poor."
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 03:43:37 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2021, 04:45:31 PM by The End to the Epic »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

What is wrong with Warren? Also Joe Manchin, Joe Lieberman, Henry Cuellar, Kurt Schrader, and John Bel Edwards are all worse than Shalala or Warren. Your hatred of Shalala and Warren is so bizarre.

Lieberman isn't a Democrat anymore.

Point taken, but how does this relate to the other examples

The problem with Warren is she's a dishonest snake (see what she said about Bernie) and her entire campaign was just about idol virtue signaling and nothing to help out working people. Biden though I didn't support him is actually turning out to be a great example of what the party needs, he's pushing for a lot to help out ordinary people that Trump doesn't give a sh!t about instead of wasting his time with such virtue signaling. Also for that reason Biden beat Trump and Warren would've likely lost. To top it all off Warren has shown DEEP disrespect to the Native American and Latino communities.

Please stop peddling this nonsense, I didn't support Warren, but Bernie saying that he didn't think a woman should be president was very wrong, and it's annoying that the Bros are still peddling this a year after the primary. Also I'm confused how Warren is virtue signaling and how she has shown disrespect, but whatever.

And Shalala is an absolute ghoul. She's actually an enemy of working people, in fact one the chaplains at the University she was President of even flat out called her "an enemy of the working poor."

Why exactly is the opinion of a chaplain relevant? Also I am still confused what was wrong with her actions during the University of Miami strike thing, but again whatever.

1-She lied about Bernie.
2-She lied about being Native American.
3-She insists on calling Latinos a term that 97% of them reject and many find deeply offensive.

As for Shalala, uh you don't see the wrong in denying a living wage to working poor employees and union busting and the disciplining students who campaigned with the workers? Democrats are supposed to support unions and labor. Shalala tried to f[inks] them up.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 07:20:33 PM »

My final ballot:

1) Prince
2) Chang
3) Garcia
4) Yang
5) Wiley

Unfortunately, it looks like the corrupt racist lunatic will win here. RIP New York City — and with it, likely, the United States.
NYC had a corrupt, racist lunatic mayor from 1994-2014 and yet it survived. It will again.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 01:58:07 PM »

Democrats will need to pivot hard, nationally, to be tough on crime after this. Even their base voters in the Bronx are sick of the "defund" nonsense. Electoral disaster in 2022 awaits otherwise.

I'm interested in what the activist freakout will look like when Jacob Frey is re-elected.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 05:35:15 PM »

LOL NYC mayor is like the ultimate career killing office. Adams will disappear after 2029 and will hardly be heard of ever again. He's welcome to run for President in 2028 and do as well as the last three mayors of NYC's Presidential campaigns did of course.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 05:56:49 PM »

LOL NYC mayor is like the ultimate career killing office. Adams will disappear after 2029 and will hardly be heard of ever again. He's welcome to run for President in 2028 and do as well as the last three mayors of NYC's Presidential campaigns did of course.

This is true, but history also suggests that he will be a somewhat prominent national figure in the coming years. That means something, especially in a party full of ancient national leaders and not very many promising governors.
Eh, not necessarily. It means he has the potential to of course, but Bill De Blasio has had about the same amount of power and influence over the national Democrats for the past 8 years as I have had.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 02:27:09 PM »

So, Silwa's  Chances of carrying Staten Island? There is enough despisal of deblazio deblasio and, although Adams was a cop, hes not exactly the typical Staten Island voters type of cop for multiple reasons.  It's still such a weak  Candidacy though that navy Adams has a shot there?
Why wouldn't Silwa carry Staten Island? It hasn't voted for a Democrat for mayor since 1985 and there's no reason why this would be the election to break that streak.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 03:16:28 PM »

So, Silwa's  Chances of carrying Staten Island? There is enough despisal of deblazio deblasio and, although Adams was a cop, hes not exactly the typical Staten Island voters type of cop for multiple reasons.  It's still such a weak  Candidacy though that navy Adams has a shot there?
Why wouldn't Silwa carry Staten Island? It hasn't voted for a Democrat for mayor since 1985 and there's no reason why this would be the election to break that streak.

Adams is a pretty good fit for Staten Island. I'm not saying he'll win it, as Sliwa is also a good fit for it and yeah, it's a pretty Republican place. But I wouldn't be too surprised since Adams might well be the best Democratic candidate for Staten Island since Koch in 1985. There's also the fact that Sliwa's campaign is more of a meme than a serious candidacy.
Adams is a black guy. He might be a good fit otherwise but thay factor alone makes him not a good fit for Staten Island.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 04:05:53 PM »

Adams is a pretty good fit for Staten Island. I'm not saying he'll win it, as Sliwa is also a good fit for it and yeah, it's a pretty Republican place. But I wouldn't be too surprised since Adams might well be the best Democratic candidate for Staten Island since Koch in 1985. There's also the fact that Sliwa's campaign is more of a meme than a serious candidacy.
Adams is a black guy. He might be a good fit otherwise but thay factor alone makes him not a good fit for Staten Island.

It voted for Obama in 2012.

Also, Adams was endorsed by even the NY Post. I think people might be surprised by the amount of crossover support he could get. If however he gets little to none, might be more of a sign of how polarized the times are than anything.

That's because the most Republican parts of it got swamped by Hurricane Sandy and turnout plummeted.

We shall see though. I bet Silwa breaks 25% but that's normal for Republicans in an NYC mayoral election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies